The Student Room Group

TSR Economics society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by Rakas21
Must have missed this thread for some reason.

Love macro, hate micro.

SAME, I don't understand how many people find Micro easier... Its so much more detailed and graph analysis based.
Original post by Peju
SAME, I don't understand how many people find Micro easier... Its so much more detailed and graph analysis based.

It doesn't have to be graph analysis, you can do it with equations. :smile:
Hey, I intend to study economics at uni and am looking at top unis like LSE, UCL, Warwick, etc.

Just wanted some advice regarding choosing my A2's - is doing economics and business as two separate A levels highly jeapordising my chances at such unis? as i have noticed some mentions stating that such a combination is looked down at by unis due to some overlapping circular?

Thanks
Original post by Ess R Kay
Hey, I intend to study economics at uni and am looking at top unis like LSE, UCL, Warwick, etc.

Just wanted some advice regarding choosing my A2's - is doing economics and business as two separate A levels highly jeapordising my chances at such unis? as i have noticed some mentions stating that such a combination is looked down at by unis due to some overlapping circular?

Thanks

It's not great if you have other choices available. Ideally you want to be doing something like:
Maths and Further Maths (essential);
Economics (preferable);
Physics or Chemistry (for the science aspect);
History or English Literature (for the arts aspect).
Some alternatives may work as well, but Business Studies isn't really one of them and whatever you do you should have Maths, Further Maths and Economics as a base.
anyone think of any economics changes due to war (world war 2 in Germany specifically) I've already thought of a number, such as women's role, debts, industry etc - any other ideas? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Economists
anyone think of any economics changes due to war (world war 2 in Germany specifically) I've already thought of a number, such as women's role, debts, industry etc - any other ideas? Thanks! :smile:

increased employment, the rebuilding after the war (one of the reasons why germany prospered after ww2), increased productive efficiency and x efficiency and dynamic efficiency :smile:
Original post by Economists

Germany was financially ruined.
I'm hoping to learn more about the economic rise of China and I was wondering if anyone had any good books or articles to recommend? They can be general or more technical; I don't mind either way. Thanks in advance!
I find Micro easier than Macro.
Can't believe I've only just found this thread. Applying to Cam, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey for straight Econ!
Original post by DebkoX
Germany was financially ruined.

For a short amount of time yes but if you were to look at the growth they received after the war. Some may even argue that the destruction gave the seeds for future prosperity, same with the destruction in Japan, whereas Britain faced the collapse of the empire and recession. We helped save the world and received financial ruin as a result.
Original post by EHZ17
Can't believe I've only just found this thread. Applying to Cam, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey for straight Econ!

Good luck! :smile: Almost the same unis I applied to back in the day. :h:
Original post by alex_hk90
Good luck! :smile: Almost the same unis I applied to back in the day. :h:

Where did you end up?
Original post by EHZ17
Where did you end up?

Cambridge - Pembroke College. :biggrin:
Was almost LSE but I had a change of heart after my Cambridge interview. :h:

Ahh could you talk to me about interview in private message? Would love to kno ur grades too if thats cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Ahh could you talk to me about interview in private message? Would love to kno ur grades too if thats cool

Grades are in my TSR profile, and sure you can PM me but there's limited help I can give on interviews and it was something like 6 or 7 years ago that I applied so my information may not be overly relevant!
Grades are in my TSR profile, and sure you can PM me but there's limited help I can give on interviews and it was something like 6 or 7 years ago that I applied so my information may not be overly relevant!

Whoa. You are so smart.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everybody! :smile:

I'm about to start up an Economics Society/Club at school (I suggested this to my Economics teacher and he's very supportive of it). I just can't really think of anything to do in the club/society though? I'm planning on running it on Wednesday lunchtimes probably for year 10/11 upwards? It would be so helpful to have any suggestions on what to actually do during those Wednesday lunchtimes as I want to make the club fun, but also actually about Economics :tongue:

And do you think I should open the club up to all years instead?

All suggestions are very welcome! Thank you :biggrin:

Would you also mind PMing me about your Economics interview at Cambridge?? And about your personal statement etc if you still have it with you/can still remember what it contained? I'm looking to apply for Economics (at Cambridge and other universities of course) next year :smile:

Thank you so much!!
Original post by strawberrysnow
Hi everybody! :smile:

I'm about to start up an Economics Society/Club at school (I suggested this to my Economics teacher and he's very supportive of it). I just can't really think of anything to do in the club/society though? I'm planning on running it on Wednesday lunchtimes probably for year 10/11 upwards? It would be so helpful to have any suggestions on what to actually do during those Wednesday lunchtimes as I want to make the club fun, but also actually about Economics :tongue:

And do you think I should open the club up to all years instead?

All suggestions are very welcome! Thank you :biggrin:

Debates (e.g. Keynesian vs Monetarist is always fun :h:), fantasy share trading?

Original post by strawberrysnow
Would you also mind PMing me about your Economics interview at Cambridge?? And about your personal statement etc if you still have it with you/can still remember what it contained? I'm looking to apply for Economics (at Cambridge and other universities of course) next year :smile:

Thank you so much!!

You can ask me questions on here if you like. :smile: There's only so much we're allowed to say about the interview. As for my PS, I do have it but it was terrible (I know as I was an official PS Helper for a few years on here). :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending