The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am on the second episode of Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation and am I the only one thinking when there are only 2 survivors left, the one who didn't kill anyone will walk free? :confused:

Given if there are only 2 survivors left, it is obvious the innocent one will work it out (unless he is an idiot) and thus graduate being allowed to walk free?

EDIT:
Ok, I didn't know there would be multiple trials, I thought there would only be 1 trial making it somewhat more difficult. =l
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5141
Original post by Scienceisgood
Ok, new anime = Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - Could the title be any longer?!

That's the one thing that annoys me with some anime, the titles can be two or three lines long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, new anime = Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - Could the title be any longer?!

Sounds interesting, although, how does one graduate if the killer has to remain a secret in order to graduate?! :confused:

Believe it or not, that's not even the longest anime title of the season. That honour goes to 'Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music...'. :p:

But yeah, as you've found already, there's more rules to Danganronpa's survival game than are revealed at the start. And Monokuma's just as likely to keep making up new ones as it goes along.
anyone read 20th century boys or monster? Two of the greatest manga out there imo. Also, monster has an anime.
Reply 5144
I'm about halfway through watching Monster. I've been watching it for almost over a year though, since my sister and I are watching it together and we hardly ever get time together. A really complex story like that is *really* bad for taking massive breaks in between :frown:

I dunno if I should restart it and try solo, or what. It is a fantastic show. Any time Johan appears on screen is just utterly amazing.

And I have 20th century boys but not started it yet.
Original post by MJasper
I'm about halfway through watching Monster. I've been watching it for almost over a year though, since my sister and I are watching it together and we hardly ever get time together. A really complex story like that is *really* bad for taking massive breaks in between :frown:

I dunno if I should restart it and try solo, or what. It is a fantastic show. Any time Johan appears on screen is just utterly amazing.

And I have 20th century boys but not started it yet.

I would not bother watching it myself. I forced myself through it and it drags out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long...
I've stalled Monster three times in the last year :colonhash:
Those episodes from around 50 or something are just a drag; they could have finished the anime in around 30 episodes if they really wanted to

I'll probably wait for the live action adaption
Original post by desijut
anyone read 20th century boys or monster? Two of the greatest manga out there imo. Also, monster has an anime.

I've watched the Monster anime (fantastic), and watched the 20th Century Boys live action film (only the first though - I rented it from LoveFilm years ago, and they didn't have the sequels at the time :frown:). So I'm familiar with both, even if I've not read the manga they're based on.

The one series I have read from the same manga-ka (Urasawa Naoki) is Pluto, which is based on an arc from Tezuka Osamu's Astro Boy. That was definitely one of the greatest manga series I've ever read. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
I would not bother watching [Monster] myself. I forced myself through it and it drags out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long...

Original post by purplerainn
I've stalled Monster three times in the last year :colonhash:
Those episodes from around 50 or something are just a drag; they could have finished the anime in around 30 episodes if they really wanted to

I'll probably wait for the live action adaption

It's slow paced, certainly, but I like that it goes back and forth, looking at the same events from the point of view of other characters. That's something I also noticed in Pluto, so it's presumably just Urasawa's style of storytelling. He could have cut a lot of it out to get to the point quicker, but personally I feel it'd lose a lot of the depth and character development if he did. :dontknow:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It's slow paced, certainly, but I like that it goes back and forth, looking at the same events from the point of view of other characters. That's something I also noticed in Pluto, so it's presumably just Urasawa's style of storytelling. He could have cut a lot of it out to get to the point quicker, but personally I feel it'd lose a lot of the depth and character development if he did. :dontknow:

I liked the slow pace it had for the first half, but near the second, it seemed to be going in circles. I think if I marathon-ed past the 50's into 60, I'd have been compelled to finish it since that's where it's supposed to get really good

I guess longer shows like these shouldn't be watched an episode a day, which is how I usually watch :redface:
Guys, see if you can find the SAO references in this opening. XD

[video="youtube;RQOc_07raNE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOc_07raNE[/video]
Reply 5151
Guys, see if you can find the SAO references in this opening. XD

[video="youtube;RQOc_07raNE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOc_07raNE[/video]

...I dropped SAO halfway through but I'm not really sure what you could be referring to. Although DRRR was filled with references it was also a 2010 show...

Edit: Nevermind. That Erika lol <3
I remember one such 'reference' standing out a bit more than the others... likely to do with the fact that Brains-Base produced Spice and Wolf II a couple of seasons before. :giggle:

...and after looking up that clip, I followed the link to the uploader's blog. Seems it inspired him to go travelling with his own Holo cutout. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Guys, who do you think would win in a fight;

Fairy Tail
Or Hogwarts? :tongue:

Fairy Tail Vs Hogwarts. Damn that like sooo different. Um. Natsu Vs Harry? Omg, now that would be a very intresting match. I would think like if it was Harry Vs Nastu, maybe a draw or Harry. Gray Vs Ron, Gray would win no doubt.... Lucy vs Hermonine... LOL who am I kidding Hermonine would whoop her ass. As for Gildarts vs Voldemot. Gildarts. Its like a mix......
So considering what day it is, anyone know of any good coming of age animes? :^_^:

Also weird note of the day: Giving Planetes a rewatch and there's something very satisfying about an anime where the protagonist is actually pretty incompetent and while they get better, they're hardly gifted in anyway... They're just 'nice' people. As someone with no confidence in themselves, I can appreciate this greatly :tongue:
A-P's 'times watched' feature is up (albeit a bit slow), so I've been adding a lot of the stuff I know I've watched twice. :yes: It's gotten me over 14,000 eps, and added a few days to my life spent on anime!

Some people aren't fans of the feature, as they believe that the same shows shouldn't be allowed to count towards life spent on anime/episode count twice, but personally I'll be taking it as an excuse to revisit some of the series I watched years ago. Mostly series in my Top 50, just to see whether they actually deserve to be there, or whether I've overrated them due to nostalgia/not being as critical back then.
ZOMG, so happy I got into uni! XD
I know this is the wrong thread but still, I need to tell the world. Although, this thread is a good start. =P
I cant say for the anime, but I thought the pace of the manga was good, yes sometimes there were some seemingly irrelevant arcs but on the most part, the twists and character developments are second to none. However, for a pure entertaining story, 20th century boys takes it. Urasawa is a genius and yeah I need to read Pluto.
Reply 5158
Original post by AngryJellyfish
A-P's 'times watched' feature is up (albeit a bit slow), so I've been adding a lot of the stuff I know I've watched twice. :yes: It's gotten me over 14,000 eps, and added a few days to my life spent on anime!

Some people aren't fans of the feature, as they believe that the same shows shouldn't be allowed to count towards life spent on anime/episode count twice, but personally I'll be taking it as an excuse to revisit some of the series I watched years ago. Mostly series in my Top 50, just to see whether they actually deserve to be there, or whether I've overrated them due to nostalgia/not being as critical back then.

This is going to be interesting as I regularly revisit anime. My only concern is whether I'll be able to recollect everything. :tongue:

Edit: I decided it would make sense to order by highest to lowest in rating as my probability of revisiting anime that I regard highly will expectedly be higher. However, quite surprisingly, I've revisited exponentially less than I initially envisaged. I suppose, when I think about it, I obviously prefer to watch anime I haven't seen, and only tend to revisit out of nostalgia and when I'm travelling (long haul flights most commonly). I also tend to like getting my teeth into longer running anime too. There's nothing quite like marathoning through something like Saint Seiya or Hikaru no Go. However, there's also a few oddities such as Heroic Age. :giggle:

Anyway, I've decided to stop at page 30. Will resume over the weekend, most likely. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
This is going to be interesting as I regularly revisit anime. My only concern is whether I'll be able to recollect everything. :tongue:

Yeah, there's a few series I *think* I've watched twice, but might have only rewatched in part. And there's a few, rare cases where I've watched something 3+ times (Cat Soup, and a few of the badly subbed Mazinger movies, as they're always fun to watch with a new group :p:) So I figured I'd only add the shows I've rewatched recently (i.e during or since my Masters), and that I'm pretty confident I've rated accurately. :yes:

When exactly I'll find the time to start this great revisiting of all my old favorite series, when I've already got a huge backlog of unwatched stuff to get through, also remains to be seen...
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest