The Student Room Group

TSR "Mixed-Race- Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Germany... and I was gonna meet up with friends today as well - I'm gonna be so knackered...
Reply 82
Go here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=4 and click "join soc".

Green - Same. I was going to hook up with some of my friends, but the ways things have been going I can't afford to waste time. I best be off to do some work. Take care Green, great talking to you. :smile:
thanks, just joined :biggrin:
Reply 84
Eurasian
Go here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=4 and click "join soc".

Green - Same. I was going to hook up with some of my friends, but the ways things have been going I can't afford to waste time. I best be off to do some work. Take care Green, great talking to you. :smile:

IB is killing people (and their social lives...) :eek:
yeh, been great for me as well :biggrin:
Eurasian
Second year, the same as you according to your profile :p: and your only 16?

Hi boss, saw your discussion on IB and couldn't resist... I also did IB :biggrin: I finished in Nov 2005 and was 17 when i finished. Actually, i'm still 17 but i will be 18 in like 14 days YEAH! Ok enough for now. Ciao! :smile:
Eurasian
Yeah. So hey Bluedreamer, you previously mentioned your a whole lot of things. Out of curiosity what are they? :tongue:

Ummm lets just say I’m part white part black :p: why complicate matters :ninja:
hey , my mama is white from n.i and my dadi is indian from kenya. then theres me :smile:
Welcome :smile:
Although this 'society' is a bit quiet at the moment...!
Reply 89
hi! got a ban from the mods for a week so yeah.... how's everyone been?
*Seems to be the only one paying attention so I'll reply*
I'm ok... however I go back to school on Wednesday and have done no work... I should get off the computer, shouldn't I?!
Eurasian seems to be ok... emailing me telling me about great weather while we suffer here with our fake sunshine which actually means it's about 7c outside!

Btw greeniev, do you live/go to school in hertford? I live in Hertfordshire! Small world.
Reply 91
hey same! School begins tomorrow actually, but we just have to be there for the evening (my school's a boarding school)...

lol. I do go there to school, but I live in Germany :biggrin:
You live in Germany?
'Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch...' haha.

Have fun at school tomorrow *snicker*
Reply 93
Yep! lol. I love it when people try to speak german :p: but at least they're trying :rofl:

totally! Can't wait to see my fave housemistress! (hope you see the irony here...)
What's it like going to a boarding school? I reckon it'd find it really scary... at home I do whatever the hell I like but they'd be rules and restrictions there- which I hate lol.
Reply 95
It's alright tbh, you kinda get used to it. You usually have more privileges in the 6th form, which is great! the little ones are so unlucky :p:
Ooh I just thought of something...
Being that this is mixed-race society.. maybe we should dicuss something that relates to being of mixed-race? (can't think of anything myself right now... suggestions would be helpful :p:)
Reply 97
maybe... I usually just talk off-topic anyway :biggrin:

I have no idea tho sorry...
Reply 98
Genetically, I'm south-indian/white... though I have no cultural connections (apart from seeing my family there now and again) with India at all and I basically see myself as pure white. That dosn't mean I don't have an interest in their culture, but it dosn't play a part in my life.

To me mixed race just means that my skin's a different colour... and I don't like the idea of races on scientific principle - we all came from the same damn bacteria.
Damdam
Genetically, I'm south-indian/white... though I have no cultural connections (apart from seeing my family there now and again) with India at all and I basically see myself as pure white. That dosn't mean I don't have an interest in their culture, but it dosn't play a part in my life.

To me mixed race just means that my skin's a different colour... and I don't like the idea of races on scientific principle - we all came from the same damn bacteria.

Lol- amen to that!
Welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest