The Student Room Group

Ideas for English Language Coursework?

ARGGG!!

So, I'm in my first year of Sixth Form and my English Language teacher has sprung it on us on Friday that we need to decide what we're doing for our coursework, but I'm stumped!
We only need to decide the first one at the moment, which should be around 1,500 words.. I'm willing to do the research into something which is more likely to be more impressive, apart from I'm not keen on the idea of politics..

What I was considering doing was a review on a new clothing collection by a designer- But I can't find any which are longer than around 600/700 words, so I'll probably save that for my second one.

What was suggested to us was film reviews, sections for a novel, etc, but none of them sound quite interesting enough!!

Suggestions please??
xo
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by allouetta
ARGGG!!

So, I'm in my first year of Sixth Form and my English Language teacher has sprung it on us on Friday that we need to decide what we're doing for our coursework, but I'm stumped!
We only need to decide the first one at the moment, which should be around 1,500 words.. I'm willing to do the research into something which is more likely to be more impressive, apart from I'm not keen on the idea of politics..

What I was considering doing was a review on a new clothing collection by a designer- But I can't find any which are longer than around 600/700 words, so I'll probably save that for my second one.

What was suggested to us was film reviews, sections for a novel, etc, but none of them sound quite interesting enough!!

Suggestions please??
xo

What is the coursework? Is it Language and Representation? What are the limitations for the types of texts you can analyse? Or is it a Language Production piece?
Reply 3
Try something like an Audio Tour for something its one of my options and it is coming along really great
Reply 4
I don't know what to do for mine either! I want to do a creative writing to entertain the reader but I need to find books to base it on and analyse then. I can't seen to find any though! I want the genre to be horror but I don't know where to start analyzing the books either once I've found them. so basically what I'm asking is:
1. Can anyone recommend any books for my story to be based on?
2. How should I go about analyzing them?
3. What should I include on my plan?
P.s. I'm in lower sixth and this is my first coursework so I don't really know what to expect but I'm targeted a B but I'm willing to work hard to get an A.But I really need someones help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending