The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah, but worth it
yey, thank you for letting me join guys!
Reply 22
Hello workhouse. What make you say you're too small to play?
hey, i'm just over five foot, not exactly built and with a rather large obstruction up front if u know what i mean (that sounds like a dodgy personals ad)... I'm really interested in starting when i go to uni though, which is in sept...
Reply 24
If you're worried you're a little too small for the fully physical contact of Rugby (although if your obstructions could be classified as airbags it may cushion the impact a little :p: lol), have you considered looking into 7s?

It's faster and much less physical but requires uber fitness levels. Definately not one for an ex front row fat lad like myself!
Ethereal
If you're worried you're a little too small for the fully physical contact of Rugby (although if your obstructions could be classified as airbags it may cushion the impact a little :p: lol), have you considered looking into 7s?

It's faster and much less physical but requires uber fitness levels. Definately not one for an ex front row fat lad like myself!

"Cushion the impact", it's the female equivalent of falling ontop of ur 'nads (if that is actually physically possible)...

7's? no i havn't? sounds interesting, has to be said i'm not exactly at the peak of physical fitness, don't get me wrong i'm not like American or anything but i doubt i possess the Uber levels of which u speak...
Reply 26
To a front row anything involving fast running is uber high lol

check out http://www.irbsevens.com/ :smile:

glad to answer any specific questions via PM or on here, although my knowledge of the laws is a little dated. I stopped playing before this ridicuous sin-bin thing came in. When I played, if the player stood up you got a warning, if they didn't you got a severe warning. Sendings off were rare.
lol, cheers man... Will do!
I was a front row player and a sevens player, I'm only 5' 8 and 14.5 stone, according to the BMI thing I'm obese, height and weight comparisons are rubbish for a rugby player. I'm slightly overweight now after having my injury, but I could still play sevens, it's only 7mins a half.
Reply 29
You are small for a front row
Hooker, I'm about same size and weight as Andy Titterall and Keven Meleamu (however you spell it), but I prefered playing 7.
Reply 31
I think workhouse should try playing. Rugby union is the one true church, and the ONLY way to salvation lol :p:
Ethereal
I think workhouse should try playing. Rugby union is the one true church, and the ONLY way to salvation lol :p:

It sure is. You're from Hull? Isn't that Rugby league from around there?
Reply 33
I'm not from Hull. Just study here. I'm from west yorkshire, and yes there are a lot of heathens round here - but some of us kept the faith!

When I was 16 a rugby league club tried to sign me. At that time, if you took payment for playing you were banned from union for life because it was still staunchly amateur. I turned the league club down, because my calling to Rugby Union was so strong.
Are you a leeds fan? Shame about the relegation. I thought at the beginning of the season with bringing in the likes of Justin Marshall and Gordon Bulloch they would have been pushing for HC, how wrong could I have been.
Reply 35
I was gutted. They're not a bad side - just didn't close the games they needed to. Justin Marshall has told the press he wants releasing from his contract, but that Leeds won't let him. He thinks they should "act in good faith and release him" because he wants to play premiership rugby. Tosser!

If he wants to play Premiership rugby he should work hard to get us back up there rather than jumping ship.
Reply 36
*starts a campaign to have leeds re-instated (and justin marshall excommunicated) *
Ethereal
*starts a campaign to have leeds re-instated (and justin marshall excommunicated) *

Justin Marshall has seen the light. He's going to better club at least. Ospreys aren't my team but at least they are welsh.
Reply 38
Bah!!!!!!!!!
I play prop at university- I'm not very good, but it is great fun

Quick Reply

Latest