The Student Room Group

Studying medicine in Bulgaria?

Hey guys, just wondering if there's anyone out there hoping to study medicine in Pleven University, Bulgaria in February 2014 from the UK?

It looks really good and is GMC accredited so you don't have to take any examinations when you come back to the UK?

If you're considering it, please look at the website http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/study-medicine-in-europe

I've contacted them (their based in Newcastle) so if you have any questions, post on this thread. It'd also be good to find someone you can get to know as it must be terrifying going to another country on your own
Reply 1
Hey I'm going then
I am also looking into it. How are you going to support yourself financially?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm about to go to man airport, flight leaves at 7:05. If anybody has any questions to ask the people/students, let me know.
How is it? The uni? The city? What about the accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HamzahK21
Hey guys, just wondering if there's anyone out there hoping to study medicine in Pleven University, Bulgaria in February 2014 from the UK?

It looks really good and is GMC accredited so you don't have to take any examinations when you come back to the UK?

If you're considering it, please look at the website http://www.outreacheducation.co.uk/study-medicine-in-europe

I've contacted them (their based in Newcastle) so if you have any questions, post on this thread. It'd also be good to find someone you can get to know as it must be terrifying going to another country on your own

For 2014 Feb...when do you have to apply? Also I have applied to uk uni for med and I doubt I will hear back from Uk ones by feb 2014. What do I do? When else can I join
Reply 6
Original post by Priya_Biju
For 2014 Feb...when do you have to apply? Also I have applied to uk uni for med and I doubt I will hear back from Uk ones by feb 2014. What do I do? When else can I join

Hey, I only applied a couple of weeks ago. I think outreach education (the agency for pleven) said early December I think. Just email them, say you want to apply for pleven and they send you an application form. You just have to send that back with copies of your certificates, a passport photo and a copy of your passport (I scanned them and emailed them back for easy and it's quicker). I got an offer the next day, but I think it can take a few days.
Pleven only take people in in feb for the English course, but other European unis take people in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey Guys,

Just been starting to look into this subject of studying abroad and am now really quite excited by the idea!!

Even though I haven't even started College yet I would like to ask if you could use BTEC qualifications to get into the Medical Uni's over in Bulgaria or is it strictly limited to AS/A2 levels??

Thought I would ask as I couldn't find any feeds offering the info!

Cheers guys!

Tom :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending