The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Do aberdeen update your applicant portal if you've got an interview? I vaguely remember something to do with aberdeen uni being in my spam inbox a couple of weeks ago but it deletes and I never thought to read it as I thought it was rubbish!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 701
Original post by Oisín
Anyone know when they stop calling people for interview? When will I know if Im going to get an interview or rejected? :L

Aberdeen reject you right at the end in March.
Original post by Aniaa
heey girls, do you mind telling me what you actually wore? I have no idea how I should dress up for any of my interviews :/

dress however you feel comfortable.
if you'd rather wear a skirt than trousers then go for it, there's no need in wearing a full on suit or anything like that.
Something smart, that you might see a doctor wearing.

For some of my interviews I wore a plain smart black dress, for another I wore a blouse and and trousers.
Reply 703
Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle and I was hoping you could maybe help me. I'm currently completing my military service and they are pressuring me to find out the date of a possible interview as soon as possible to make sure theres nothing to stop me from going. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet. Should I contact the university by phone or email, or is that seen as too rude? Also I'm fearing that I might get rejected and having not heard anything yet isn't helping and I would like to make sure that Im not making my changes any worse by asking.

Ps. Im from finland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 704
Do they update your applicant portal when you have an invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 705
Original post by Dreaming spires
All applicants who are getting interviews will be informed by mid-December. :smile:

Aberdeen's School of Medicine & Dentistry has a twitter page, you know. I'd strongly recommend you to have a look at it once in a while so that you know what it's going on and when the next batches of interviews are sent: https://mobile.twitter.com/aberdeenuni_smd

No one knows, actually. You could either get one in the forthcoming weeks (:dance:) or be rejected in mid-december or after Christmas (wishing you the best, though!).

Ahh *sigh*... I'm still waiting for an interview invite. :frown:

Thanks hopefully I'll hear good news from them soon! Best of luck to you also!
Hello! Have any overseas applicants heard anything from Aberdeen? :smile:
Original post by dandelion-field
Hello! Have any overseas applicants heard anything from Aberdeen? :smile:

All I had was a fee status form to verify my fee status, nothing since.
Original post by letgomyego

Yup I got the same thing. :smile: May I ask where you're from? :biggrin:
Yup I got the same thing. :smile: May I ask where you're from? :biggrin:

yeah, united states : )
Original post by Rosze
Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle and I was hoping you could maybe help me. I'm currently completing my military service and they are pressuring me to find out the date of a possible interview as soon as possible to make sure theres nothing to stop me from going. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet. Should I contact the university by phone or email, or is that seen as too rude? Also I'm fearing that I might get rejected and having not heard anything yet isn't helping and I would like to make sure that Im not making my changes any worse by asking.

Ps. Im from finland

Posted from TSR Mobile

So long as you're polite there's no harm in asking, especially when you've got a specific reason for wanting to know sooner.
Reply 711

I am overseas too... but I did not get the fee status form - in the portal my status says "Information on funding provider to be determined" - guess they deduced that I am an international student from my nationality..... honestly do not know!!!
Reply 712
Original post by SSUB
I am overseas too... but I did not get the fee status form - in the portal my status says "Information on funding provider to be determined" - guess they deduced that I am an international student from my nationality..... honestly do not know!!!

Same status for me too.
yeah, united states : )

Cool, I'm from Syria. I presume you've done APs? I scored 555543. :biggrin:
Reply 714
Original post by Aniaa
heey girls, do you mind telling me what you actually wore? I have no idea how I should dress up for any of my interviews :/

Only had one interview so far (Aberdeen) but I'd recommend planning your outfit well in advance to avoid stress and going for a very smart look. Everyone there bar two of the girls were in suits (mixture of trousers and skirts from the ladies).

The two girls not in suits still looked very formal mind, and tbh I don't reckon it makes any difference as long as you're not scruffy. For me, on the day, I personally was glad to have been as formal as I was in the end and was relieved to fit in. I initially wanted to wear a black pleated skirt that sat just above the knee, but my mum shouted me down. I'm so glad she did with hindsight!

(Mind you I am 6"1' - so it probably did look a tad short... :unimpressed: )
Good luck everyone x
Reply 715
Original post by jemc7
Only had one interview so far (Aberdeen) but I'd recommend planning your outfit well in advance to avoid stress and going for a very smart look. Everyone there bar two of the girls were in suits (mixture of trousers and skirts from the ladies).

The two girls not in suits still looked very formal mind, and tbh I don't reckon it makes any difference as long as you're not scruffy. For me, on the day, I personally was glad to have been as formal as I was in the end and was relieved to fit in. I initially wanted to wear a black pleated skirt that sat just above the knee, but my mum shouted me down. I'm so glad she did with hindsight!

(Mind you I am 6"1' - so it probably did look a tad short... :unimpressed: )
Good luck everyone x

thank you! I think I will wear a white sweater and black trousers
Reply 716
I haven't seen many RUK students get an interview yet for Aberdeen, for those (RUK's) that have, would you mind posting your stats? :smile:
Reply 717
Any Rejections sent out yet?
Original post by ellaemma
Any Rejections sent out yet?

I thought they weren't making any decisions until March.
Reply 719
Cool, I'm from Syria. I presume you've done APs? I scored 555543. :biggrin:

Syria? Woow, its so cool :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest