The Student Room Group

Failed exam do you put it on UCAS?

So in 5th year (Scottish) I failed an exam, do I have to put this on my application? I have put it in the now but I spoke to other people in my college class who are applying to uni and they said they just left failed exams out.
Reply 1
Original post by william_94
So in 5th year (Scottish) I failed an exam, do I have to put this on my application? I have put it in the now but I spoke to other people in my college class who are applying to uni and they said they just left failed exams out.

Yes. You have to specify all grades and exams you have (or have done), even if you failed. It says so on the UCAS website.
Reply 2
Original post by Hanover
Yes. You have to specify all grades and exams you have (or have done), even if you failed. It says so on the UCAS website.

Yeah I thought that. Thank you for confirming that. Now I will just have to pay and send, then get my reference done :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I thought that. Thank you for confirming that. Now I will just have to pay and send, then get my reference done :smile:

Good luck! :smile:
Yes, everything. Even "Us" apparently :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Hanover
Good luck! :smile:

Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by bubble999
Yes, everything. Even "Us" apparently :s-smilie:

It sucks, this is the time when I wish I had got top grades at school :frown:
It sucks, this is the time when I wish I had got top grades at school :frown:

Haha, yeah, it's annoying, but sadly you can't hide it from them :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by bubble999
Haha, yeah, it's annoying, but sadly you can't hide it from them :tongue:

what happens if they find out and how do they find out

my friend last year didnt put down she had a U in a subject and nothing happened:eek::confused:
Original post by xxvine
what happens if they find out and how do they find out

my friend last year didnt put down she had a U in a subject and nothing happened:eek::confused:

I think it used to be Es and above, but now they want to know about Us (I could be wrong). But it's definitely Es and above.

Yeah, sometimes it falls below the radar, but it's not worth it - if you don't put them on, they can refuse your whole application and basically ban you from applying to uni. So not worth that chance :tongue:
I failed a course in one year and in the next year I passed it. So do I need to put this on twice?
Every exam you ever sat, failed, passed, discarded, resat, everything goes on. NOT HARD.
Original post by Little Boots
Every exam you ever sat, failed, passed, discarded, resat, everything goes on. NOT HARD.

I take it you have some attitude problem then? :L
Reply 13
Original post by Solarstorm
I take it you have some attitude problem then? :L

Your partly right there he did act a bit over the top. But the question you asked had already been answered before, and it is pretty obvious. Hence why he used capital letters.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending