The Student Room Group

GCSE Summer Exams 2014

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have 16 exams
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SomePaleChick
I'm in Year 11 , and because of a new scheme I had to take ALL exams at the end of year 11 instead of doing some in year 10. Oh well.

I have:
6 science exams
2 geography exams
2 spanish exams
2 french exams
not sure how many statistics exams? maybe 1?
2 english exams
some welsh exams (I probably won't turn up to)
2 R.S exams
....So I have 16 exams (excluding welsh & stat.)

I'll start revising science late January (yes this january because I'm crap at science and need lots of revision)
I'll proably start revising Geography a month or two before and same goes for R.S
No idea how to revise spanish & french
and for english I'll just do some past papers or something I don't know...

Joy.

Unlucky, you got quite a few, did you make your exam timetable yet?
Reply 3
I'm in year 11:

6 Science
1 Drama (but it's practical)
2 History
2 French
2 English Lang (but one straight after the other)
1 English Lit I think?:s-smilie:
2 Maths
1 RS
1 AS Creative Writing

So counting English Lang as 1 and not counting drama I've got 16 altogether! Good luck with yours!

I'm starting little bits of revision for sciences and maths now and in a few weeks I'll start all the others and just keep going getting more and more intense ahaa
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Unlucky, you got quite a few, did you make your exam timetable yet?

(edited 8 years ago)
Media (1 exam I think), English Lit (2 exams), Spanish (2 exams), Maths (2 exams), Geography (3 exams), Triple Science (9 exams). I've got a graphics one in March :/...think that's it. I did statistics and English Language last year :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by TheBluePianist
Media (1 exam I think), English Lit (2 exams), Spanish (2 exams), Maths (2 exams), Geography (3 exams), Triple Science (9 exams). I've got a graphics one in March :/...think that's it. I did statistics and English Language last year :smile:

Why have you got 9 exams for triple science? O.o
Original post by Qaiys
Why have you got 9 exams for triple science? O.o

I'm doing OCR. (Physics) P1,P2,P3 (one), P4,P5,P6 (two) and P7 (three). (Biology) B1,B2,B3 (one), B4,B5,B6 (two) and B7 (three). Finally (Chemistry) C1,C2,C3 (one), C4,C5,C6 (two) and C7 (three). If you're confused how I wrote it, I mean that for each one I have 3 exams

I have six this year: maths, sciecen core, re, gcse ict, Urdu and Arabic.
Original post by aishapatel
I have six this year: maths, sciecen core, re, gcse ict, Urdu and Arabic.

Nice, so have you made an exam timetable?
Reply 10
Original post by TheBluePianist
I'm doing OCR. (Physics) P1,P2,P3 (one), P4,P5,P6 (two) and P7 (three). (Biology) B1,B2,B3 (one), B4,B5,B6 (two) and B7 (three). Finally (Chemistry) C1,C2,C3 (one), C4,C5,C6 (two) and C7 (three). If you're confused how I wrote it, I mean that for each one I have 3 exams

I'm doing OCR but I'm doing P 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 C 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 B 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 I didn't even know there was a 7th unit O.o
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Qaiys
I'm doing OCR but I'm doing P 1, 2, 3 C 1, 2, 3 B 1, 2, 3 I didn't even know there was a 7th unit O.o

In triple science we do 7...but for double science you do it up to 6. Are you doing OCR 21st century science?
Reply 12
I'm not doing double science, I'm doing triple, separate awards for Bio Chem and Physics, and no I'm doing Gateway B, that might be why :P
Reply 13
I have to do all my exams at end of this year too
2 Maths
1 English
9 Science (madness)
3 Geography
2 French
2 RS

i do btec media so no exam
Also my photography is in march so yeah 19 exams

Good Luck everyone with their exams!
2 Maths
9 Science
2 English
2 Business
1 Art
1 RS
2 Spanish
2 History
1 Citizenship
1 I.T

I have 23 exams in the Summer :frown:

Good luck!
I've got:
9 science exams (Triple)
Either one massive maths paper or three smaller ones
Two English exams? I think
RE
RM
Art (10 hour exam :biggrin:)
History.. God knows how many :s

I think that's it.. how come you guys go up to like P6, B6 and C6?! We go up to P3, B3 and C3, and that's considered a lot!!!

EDIT: I forgot Spanish, which I think is two exams
(edited 10 years ago)
I've got;
9 Science (triple)
1 English
2 English Lit
2 Maths
2 RE
2 French
2 Geography
2 Business
1 PE
1 IT
So I've got 24.. Didn't think I had that many :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have:

3 exams for science (biology,chemistry,physics)
2 exams for geography
2 exams for sociology
2 exams for history (paper1 & paper 2)
1 exam for English Literature
1 exam for textiles
2 exams for maths
lastly, 2 exams for business studies (year 10 & year 11)

15 exams in total !

I must start revising science as I'm not very good at it but hopefully my confidence builds up throught the few months I have left :/. I really need to push my self for history and business studies i really hope to get a B at the least.
Good luck to all of you!
nope, should i???

Yeh you should, it'll allow you to prioritize revision and decide which exams to revise for at what time.
cool, revision hasnt even crossed my mine, atm in my mocks im getting A's but i dont btoher reviisng ;(

Perhaps to get those A*s you need to do some revision, some TSR members say that it was so easy and they didn't revise at all, they either have great memories, went to a private school, or are lying, so it's good to revise.

Quick Reply

Latest