The Student Room Group

Got an offer through email but UCAS track hasn't updated?

I got an email from an admissions tutor basically saying that Newcastle University are "delighted to offer you a place" on the degree that I applied for; but it didn't mention if it was conditional or unconditional or anything like that. It invited me to a post-application open day and stuff too. I didn't even think admissions tutors sent a personal email if you got an offer (it wasn't an automated email or anything). If they've decided to give me an offer then why hasn't my UCAS track updated? I got the email yesterday so maybe I'm being a bit premature but I don't know if it'll update on UCAS track or not... Thanks for any advice (despite the question sounding a bit stupid). Thanks!
Reply 1
That happened to me with another university and track update a few days later, so i'm guessing its normal :s-smilie: May i ask what course at Newcastle? I'm still waiting!
Original post by Dylankj96
I got an email from an admissions tutor basically saying that Newcastle University are "delighted to offer you a place" on the degree that I applied for; but it didn't mention if it was conditional or unconditional or anything like that. It invited me to a post-application open day and stuff too. I didn't even think admissions tutors sent a personal email if you got an offer (it wasn't an automated email or anything). If they've decided to give me an offer then why hasn't my UCAS track updated? I got the email yesterday so maybe I'm being a bit premature but I don't know if it'll update on UCAS track or not... Thanks for any advice (despite the question sounding a bit stupid). Thanks!

If you want the details, I'd recommend phoning UCAS :smile:. I think there's alot of delays going on at the moment because of the large amount of applicants. I got an offer today on track, but I haven't even had an email yet from UCAS to say I'd gotten one, which was quite strange. Congrats :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bazinga123!
That happened to me with another university and track update a few days later, so i'm guessing its normal :s-smilie: May i ask what course at Newcastle? I'm still waiting!

It's so frustrating! I mean, I'm really happy I got an offer but I don't know the conditions or anything. :confused: The BA in music, what did you apply for?
Reply 4
It's so frustrating! I mean, I'm really happy I got an offer but I don't know the conditions or anything. :confused: The BA in music, what did you apply for?

Well done! And psychology :smile:

I received an offer yesterday and another one today (I realised through emails from the Uni like you). My offer from yesterday updated on Track after a few hours and my offer from today isn't on there yet. I didn't receive an email from UCAS saying "something on your application has changed" after my offer yesterday was put on Track... So I don't know what's happening. :s-smilie: perhaps they're just behind with applications as today is the deadline after all. Congrats on the offer! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
They'll update it later. Well done, you have the offer :smile:
Since today was the deadline, the system is under a lot of strain and things will be delayed, but it will come.
I met the same situation . feel so anxious about it cuz I have waited for the system upgrade for several days since I got the email which issued me an offer.still wait ....
Original post by pumpkin233
I met the same situation . feel so anxious about it cuz I have waited for the system upgrade for several days since I got the email which issued me an offer.still wait ....

Ring the university up today and ask when the offer will show on Track
Original post by PQ
Ring the university up today and ask when the offer will show on Track

but my teacher let me show my patience for this week:cry2: ....he said it would be better to call them up after this week if this offer still lose its way.
Original post by pumpkin233
but my teacher let me show my patience for this week:cry2: ....he said it would be better to call them up after this week if this offer still lose its way.

If they can send an email then they can explain in the email when you will find out the conditions.

Anything that isn’t showing on track within 24-48 hours you should ring up.
Original post by PQ
If they can send an email then they can explain in the email when you will find out the conditions.

Anything that isn’t showing on track within 24-48 hours you should ring up.

yeah!thank you .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending