The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medical nurse
Hamzah_1992, when was your interview and what are you a graduate in? Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions:

Did each MMI go quickly?
Is the clinical data station mainly statistics, calculating drug dose or is it things like algebra?
Where did you travel from and how was parking on the day?
Are they not letting you know the outcome until April then if they interview up until March?
Are the stations open or are they all in separate rooms?

Hey. My interview was on the 6th Jan, and I'm a final year student studying cardiac physiology.

The MMI overall I think is a great experience, and time wise I found it goes quicker than you think it would. With regards to the clinical data station I'm sorry but I'd rather not say any specifics because it wouldn't be fair on myself and the rest, however what I will say is that GCSE maths is sufficient. I travelled from Bolton, and there was parking near the med school. They told us we'd hear back end Jan/beginning Feb time, so they must hand out offers at several different times depending on when you had your interview. Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
In addition to my questions above, I just wanted to add congratulations on getting the interview, I've got mine coming up.

Thank you, and all the best. Be calm and confident, prepare well, and ace it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
I got an interview today :smile: !!!
Original post by Yozozo
I got an interview today :smile: !!!

Congrats! When for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 624
I got an email from the admissions centre asking me last three years grades, I haven't finished high school yet. Is it a good thing or not? I don't know what to think
Original post by josephesc
I got an email from the admissions centre asking me last three years grades, I haven't finished high school yet. Is it a good thing or not? I don't know what to think

I got that same question some 2 months ago. If you are an EU/international and haven't included any gcse equivalent on your ucas then I guess they are just trying to figure out whether your predicted grades are legitimate and supported by some previous qualifications. That's my guess at least.

If the above doesn't apply to you then I still think there's nothing to worry about. Just send them your grades and chill :smile: and you know, most of us are still in high school :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 626
Original post by josephesc

Definitely a good thing. They want to clarify some details because they are still considering you as a potential Keele medic...
Original post by hamzah_1992
Thank you, and all the best. Be calm and confident, prepare well, and ace it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I do understand about the information about one of the stations...very true. I spoke to a medical colleague of mine and she said she didn't have a clue what it was. There were some suggestions that it may have been on a medical research paper but then I saw on here it was about GCSE maths. I actually called admissions and they confirmed it, but I thought it would be strange to include generic mathematical questions for a medical admissions interview.

It's good that they'll let you know pretty quickly, the waiting is probably the worst part. Anyway, good luck with the decision and with the current degree, very appropriate subject!
Reply 628
Original post by hamzah_1992
Congrats! When for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! My interview is on 28th January at like 3pm
Original post by Yozozo
Thanks so much! My interview is on 28th January at like 3pm

Are you applying for the 5 or 6 year programme?
Original post by MedicalMaureen
what should a female wear to a medical school interview

Definitely smart, I am thinking of wearing trousers and a blouse. I will take a jacket but probably won't wear it as they're quite thick and I can't imagine the rooms being cold. What did you wear in the end?
Reply 631
I got a rejection from keele at around 12pm today saying i dont meet the entry requirements.... but I do?!?!?!?!!? any graduates had this problem as well ? I'm going to ring them this afternoon but feel physically sick right now :frown:
Reply 632
phew panic over! I have missed my GCSE physics off my application. what an absolute wally.
Original post by graceyel
phew panic over! I have missed my GCSE physics off my application. what an absolute wally.

Sorry about the rejection you got, how many GCSE qualifications did you put down? Also, did you have the required A levels or did you apply for the 6 year course? At least you know why and you will not make that same mistake next year.
Reply 634
Sorry about the rejection you got, how many GCSE qualifications did you put down? Also, did you have the required A levels or did you apply for the 6 year course? At least you know why and you will not make that same mistake next year.

They have said my application will still be considerred for this year once i have sent them proof of my GCSE cert:smile:
Reply 635

Think I got 12 GCSES altogether (cant remember it was that long ago!) so i must have put down 11. Dont know how i managed to miss physics off. But at least I have put it right and just have to send them a scanned copy of my physics GCSE then im still being considered. thank god :smile: I am using my degree not my a levels so applied to the 5 year course.
Reply 636
Got offered an Interview today :smile: Anyone else??
Just received an interview invite for the 30th.im gobsmacked!there is a god! I'm a graduate (a very old one) and really was expecting a rejection as they asked for degree documents in November.
Original post by graceyel
Think I got 12 GCSES altogether (cant remember it was that long ago!) so i must have put down 11. Dont know how i managed to miss physics off. But at least I have put it right and just have to send them a scanned copy of my physics GCSE then im still being considered. thank god :smile: I am using my degree not my a levels so applied to the 5 year course.

Strange how they won't just consider 11 GCSE qualifications, good news though that they'll look at your application again, what is your degree in? It's all such an emotional rollercoaster isn't it? I was elated when I got my e-mail then sheer panic set in when I realised I've got to prepare for an interview ha ha. I've not had an interview for years let alone lots of them consecutively, should be good fun.

Original post by JabbaWebb
Got offered an Interview today :smile: Anyone else??

Congratulations, when is yours for? They seem to be giving everyone an interview 14 days after the e-mail.
Reply 639
Congratulations, when is yours for? They seem to be giving everyone an interview 14 days after the e-mail.

Yeah, that seems about right; since mine is on the 30th :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest