The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
For those of you who are still waiting to hear from Aberdeen: Aberdeen Uni SMD @aberdeenuni_smd 1 godz.For those who haven't heard from us yet....we still have a small number of invites to send out and will get that done this week
Original post by rc16
Post-interview?

Sorry what? It just said they were no longer considering my application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aniaa
Im sorry to hear that guys! I hope you do better with your other choices :hugs:. May I just ask if you got it via email or your track was updated?

Thanks :smile: Mine came through on tracking first then by email about half an hour later! Think it must have been down to my UKCAT score - 680.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aniaa
For those of you who are still waiting to hear from Aberdeen: Aberdeen Uni SMD @aberdeenuni_smd 1 godz.For those who haven't heard from us yet....we still have a small number of invites to send out and will get that done this week

Thanks, Ania! :ahee:
Original post by Aniaa
Im sorry to hear that guys! I hope you do better with your other choices :hugs:. May I just ask if you got it via email or your track was updated?

Hopefully!
Track :smile:
Original post by rc16
Post-interview?

No. They've started sending pre-interview rejections.
Reply 1126
Original post by Medicine2014
Thanks, Ania! :ahee:

welcome :smile:.
Original post by Somebody503
Thanks :smile: Mine came through on tracking first then by email about half an hour later! Think it must have been down to my UKCAT score - 680.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I remember some Scottish people were invited with UKCAT lower than yours
Reply 1127
Original post by Medicine2014
No. They've started sending pre-interview rejections.

Yeah thats what I thought, originally people were saying that post-interview rejections and offers are handed out at the end of March and someone disputed that saying they'd gotten their through and was wondering if they'd read it wrong or not
Reply 1128
Original post by rc16
Yeah thats what I thought, originally people were saying that post-interview rejections and offers are handed out at the end of March and someone disputed that saying they'd gotten their through and was wondering if they'd read it wrong or not

nope, its only pre interview now so don't worry yet!
Reply 1129
Original post by Lpo
Thanks.It is definitely unfair how much the ukcat is used to asses an applicant but I guess they have to do it somehow.Hopefully the other uni's you have applied to will give you an interview-it only takes one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I had an interview at belfast..so that's at least 1 out of the 4!
Hope they give me an offer! Can't expect much from aberdeen tho..
Good luck with your interview!
Sorry to those guys getting rejections today, at least that's the end of the waiting...

Best of luck to those coming to Aberdeen for interview tomorrow, hope you enjoy it :smile:

Regarding hotels for interview, don't worry too much about being near the medical school - the city centre is only a half hour walk away and it's a good opportunity to see a bit of Aberdeen itself! Avoid the travelodge on Bridge Street unless you particularly wish to be serenaded by a bloke playing the bagpipes though...
Reply 1131
Original post by RebeccaNeilson
No, they said at my interview that offers wouldn't go out till after their last interview date.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was more of a hope since if they were sending rejections (which they are) that they would also send offers since both are usually march.
Reply 1132
Does anyone know how many people have applied this year and how many are interviewed?
Also how many places are available? :smile:
Original post by Chi-
It was more of a hope since if they were sending rejections (which they are) that they would also send offers since both are usually march.

The rejections are pre-interview ones only at this stage.
Did anyone receive rejection? Cause my track hasn't updated and I have no other information than the letter of acknowledgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chi-

I wish they would send offers too, but my interview was Wednesday last week so in doubt they changed their mind between now and then :P But you never know with uni's they seem to change their minds all the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somaliya
Does anyone know how many people have applied this year and how many are interviewed?

Nearly 3000 applicants, they are interviewing about 750 (maybe more), and at my interview they said they had about 20-30ish interviews left to give out. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1137
Original post by somaliya

According to last years data:

2013 - 2301 applicants, 712 interviews, 331 offers, 168 started the course.

On the twitter page it says they've had over 2700 applicants this year, but I would think the number of interviews/offers etc will stay roughly the same.

You can find all the admissions data for last year at the bottom of this page http://www.abdn.ac.uk/smd/medicine/faqs.php#ad1
Reply 1138
Original post by Chi-

they sent PREinterview rejections
Reply 1139
Original post by Sabje2010
Did anyone receive rejection? Cause my track hasn't updated and I have no other information than the letter of acknowledgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

there were already few rejections and as track isnt working properly so probaly you are rejected too :hugs:

Quick Reply