The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nikki57
I just got an offer for Accounting and Finance too!!

See you in September then! (Hopefully) :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5321
Original post by CavalierNo7
I do the IB so I was predicted 38 points. LSE makes this equivalent to A*AA for my course. At GCSE I got 4A*s, 5As and 3Bs. Not brilliant but I guess my personal statement saved me.

Thanks and congragulations again!
I also somehow got an offer today! For sociology, even though my seven week email was sent out... Last week? I was surprised to say the least!
Original post by CavalierNo7
I do the IB so I was predicted 38 points. LSE makes this equivalent to A*AA for my course. At GCSE I got 4A*s, 5As and 3Bs. Not brilliant but I guess my personal statement saved me.

Nice! I do the IB too :biggrin:. I applied for A&F as well and my time frame is pretty close to yours, but didn't hear anything yesterday o_o and if what they say is true.. rejection friday? :afraid: Do you take HL maths or SL maths? >_< Congrats again!
Reply 5324
Original post by MKultramused
I also somehow got an offer today! For sociology, even though my seven week email was sent out... Last week? I was surprised to say the least!

When did you apply? :smile:
Original post by tharshan99
Offer for Geog with Econ! - AAA :biggrin:

Congratulations!:smile: May I ask when did you apply and which email you received?
Original post by crazycodmonkey
Nice! I do the IB too :biggrin:. I applied for A&F as well and my time frame is pretty close to yours, but didn't hear anything yesterday o_o and if what they say is true.. rejection friday? :afraid: Do you take HL maths or SL maths? >_< Congrats again!

I take SL maths but I'm predicted to get a 7 so it don't think that it was much of a hinderance to my application. I'm not sure if rejection Friday is actually a thing but I did hear that there were quite a few rejections last Friday.
3 weeks past my 2+7+2(christmas break)
I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow, regardless of the decision, just so that I can focus on something else other than my email inbox :/
Original post by gouratiltzen
I hope you are good at maths.

I'm not a hotshot; but for the course I've applied for I only have to sit Section C of he UGAA mathswise and judging on all the past papers it looks relatively straight forward
Original post by F.Tam
Congratulations!!! So are you on a gap year? and may I ask your grades and application date if you don mind? I have applied for economics as well.

THANK YOU!:biggrin: Hmm my offer is for Sept 2015 entry because I'm from Singapore and currently doing my mandatory National Service. I got distinction for all 4 of my core subjects, equivalent to a A*A*A*A* i guess, and I also took an additional Mathematics module at undergraduate level and obtained a Merit for the exam (Distinction/Merit/Pass/Ungraded).

Haha, I applied in mid-september. Waited for 5 months before my offer finally -FINALLY- came.

Hang in there!
Hey all :smile:

I'm a Singaporean student too but I only submitted my app in January. I got the 7 weeks thing too.

Boy this rejection Friday thing is making me so nervous. It's like 4pm now, so it should be 8am in the UK, which means this hypothetical rejection Friday is just beginning... :frown:
Reply 5331
Let's all pray to the admission gods that today is not another rejection friday, however likely it might be.

I just want to turn my email off until 17.15, making it unable for them to send me any decisions...

Best of luck everyone!
Original post by Marhju
Let's all pray to the admission gods that today is not another rejection friday, however likely it might be.

I just want to turn my email off until 17.15, making it unable for them to send me any decisions...

Best of luck everyone!

Now I know how they feel on the reality shows where somebody gets rejected and somebody gets to stay.
Reply 5333
Original post by MKultramused

Congratulations. What are your gcse and as grades
Original post by omgitsfriday
Congratulations!:smile: May I ask when did you apply and which email you received?

Thanks, I applied on November 15th, Received the 2 week, then the 7 week (plus the two weeks for Christmas), then got the offer three weeks into my four weeks.
Reply 5335
Offer for maths with economics yesterday :-)
Good luck guys', and if you do get an uncalled for rejection, just remember, it is you who can make yourself great, not an institution. Keep focused and get the grades. If life throws you lemons, make lemonade and be thankful for the opportunities you do get. Some people are probably saying its ok for you to say, uve got an offer. Well last year I applied for medicine and got rejections from b'ham and oxford despite grades (2nd out of 1431 applicants in oxford for GCSEs), good BMAT score and lots of work experience. But don't despair, make the most of the opportunities you do get given in life and with the right dedication, you will be successul
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5336
Original post by mun_96
Good luck guys', and if you do get an uncalled for rejection, just remember, it is you who can make yourself great, not an institution. Keep focused and get the grades. If life throws you lemons, make lemonade and be thankful for the opportunities you do get. Some people are probably saying its ok for you to say, uve got an offer. Well last year I applied for medicine and got rejections from b'ham and oxford despite grades (2nd out of 1431 applicants in oxford for GCSEs), good BMAT score and lots of work experience. But don't despair, make the most of the opportunities you do get given in life and with the right dedication, you will be successul
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very true mate! Congratulations!!! Such a difference in terms of the subject tho. All the best!
Original post by mun_96
Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you going to firm/insurance this?
Seems like it's a silent Friday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5339
I got the two week email four weeks ago, and it's been silent since, is that a horrible sign?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending