The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KitKat123
I'd be surprised if they told us - bet it'll be a 'we aren't 100% sure on numbers' type of response

There's only 1 way to find out :tongue:

Although I don't have twitter , might make one with a fake name
Original post by Dr. Django
There's only 1 way to find out :tongue:

Although I don't have twitter , might make one with a fake name

Just checked twitter and someone has already asked - we'll see if we get an answer
Ah yes, that would be horrible :frown:

o.O very true, after all there aren't that many of us on here :s-smilie:

The tension...it's rising :wink:

I know people who have been rejected so stay positive! :biggrin:
Just checked twitter and someone has already asked - we'll see if we get an answer

Nice one, we'll probably get some sort of response by tomorrow ...if I haven't been rejected by then :tongue:
Original post by ippington
I know people who have been rejected so stay positive! :biggrin:

Do you know of anyone who was rejected yesterday?

Do you know of anyone who was rejected yesterday?

Unfortunately not
Nice one, we'll probably get some sort of response by tomorrow ...if I haven't been rejected by then :tongue:

They say about 60% have been processed - damn i thought it was more:frown:
They say about 60% have been processed - damn i thought it was more:frown:

OK so all but 1000 people have been rejected so far is what i'm taking from that?

Not too bad, I was hoping it was about 800 left but 1000 will do!
OK so all but 1000 people have been rejected so far is what i'm taking from that?

Not too bad, I was hoping it was about 800 left but 1000 will do!

How many applied? I thought it was 2800 but i have no idea where i got that from!
How many applied? I thought it was 2800 but i have no idea where i got that from!

Something like 2700-2800 I think! So actually its 1100 that havent been processed to UCAS yet ...I'm gonna stick with 1000 as it sounds nicer :biggrin:

So a 30% chance here on out...
Reply 1370
I'd be surprised if they told us - bet it'll be a 'we aren't 100% sure on numbers' type of response

If I ask again later on I should know roughly what percent of the remaining candidates have been rejected.
Original post by micoshea
If I ask again later on I should know roughly what percent of the remaining candidates have been rejected.

I think someone earlier in this thread said that graduates aren't rejected until March. Is that all grads or just those who were interviewed? If it's all, that could account for quite a few. Anyone know?
Reply 1372
Original post by Medical student7
I think someone earlier in this thread said that graduates aren't rejected until March. Is that all grads or just those who were interviewed? If it's all, that could account for quite a few. Anyone know?

The graduates that weren't interviewed were rejected in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1373
Original post by Medical student7

and 48 were invited to interview.
Reply 1374
Original post by eissem
I lost the link to the selectors handbook again *flails* pls repost??

I had been avoiding counting my points, because grads only hear in March, be it an offer or a rejection, we don't have to go through thus awful process of feeling it may be a rejection every day, we know when the guillotine will fall. Now I kind of feel with a week left that I cant relax, I NEED TO COUNT

haha you finally succumbed! I'm impressed you lasted as long as you did :P
My friend just received rejection last week. He asked for feedbacks from Edinburgh why did he get rejected which they stated was due to his academic record. Edinburgh also stated he was among the top 150 applicants. (I need to confirm with him again for the ranking tho)
Original post by Alwalid189
My friend just received rejection last week. He asked for feedbacks from Edinburgh why did he get rejected which they stated was due to his academic record. Edinburgh also stated he was among the top 150 applicants. (I need to confirm with him again for the ranking tho)

o.O if he was top 150 undergraduate he'd get an offer!?

Was he an international or a postgrad?
o.O if he was top 150 undergraduate he'd get an offer!?

Was he an international or a postgrad?

Probably an international, as they have a different ranking - top 20 (or whatever it is) get offers. Postgrads compete with the rest of us :wink:
Reply 1378
Original post by jemc7
haha you finally succumbed! I'm impressed you lasted as long as you did :P

Haha yes, and I was so PROUD of myself but alas! It didnt help much though. Especially since I can only guess my academics with accuracy, and they're good but not top (didnt get a 1st). I dislike that I dont get an extra point for an MSc though! Come on now! BA+MSc = BA 1st no??
does anyone know how many rejections have already been sent out and how many rejections left to go???

Quick Reply