The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by HannahSan
anyone got the unit 1 chemistry AQA June 2013 question paper & mark scheme?

thanks

looking for this too
Anyone have f334 2013 June? I have some past papers in return.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
Does anyone have the aqa chemistry empa (3x) paper from 2013?
Does anyone have the WJEC mark schemes for the Chemistry CH1 May 2013 paper and the Physics PH1 May 2013 paper?
Reply 584
So I need to prepare a standard solution for a titration I'm doing and I'm confused with just one of the steps.

My method states that I need to write the volume that I used for preparing the standard solution. Is this the volume of the volumetric flask in which I put my solution into?

Because initially, I had to transfer 5-6g of my solute into 100cm3 of water. So I just wanted to confirm that it wasn't this 100cm3 of dissolved solute that I have to taus into account for my titration.

To me it makes sense that the volume was the volume of the volumetric flask as I washed the funnel etc. with distilled water which added to the original volume of 100cm3, in the volumetric flask.
Where can i find the most recent chem2 and chem4 aqa specimen papers?
Hi
Does anyone know where I can find the 2013 June papers for chemistry ocr B salters?
Specifically the AS exams?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Has anyone got any WJEC CH5 past papers, I've done every past paper from 2003 on wards and was wondering if anyone has any past papers from previous years? Or any suggestions what I can do for revision (Done like 4 sets of notes and every past paper about 4 times), getting a bit bored :/
Original post by LRKG2079
Hey! Has anyone got any WJEC CH5 past papers, I've done every past paper from 2003 on wards and was wondering if anyone has any past papers from previous years? Or any suggestions what I can do for revision (Done like 4 sets of notes and every past paper about 4 times), getting a bit bored :/

I'd suggest doing other exam boards. I've done loads of OCR/AQA - they don't have very similar recall questions, but it's great for practice one equilibrium constants, pH/buffer solutions, gibb's free energy, Hess cycle etc. so if you struggle with mathsy stuff you should really go there.

http://a-levelchemistry.co.uk/ is a pretty good website.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get papers from 2003 onwards? I can only access ones from 2007 onwards...
Original post by Basilla
I'd suggest doing other exam boards. I've done loads of OCR/AQA - they don't have very similar recall questions, but it's great for practice one equilibrium constants, pH/buffer solutions, gibb's free energy, Hess cycle etc. so if you struggle with mathsy stuff you should really go there.

http://a-levelchemistry.co.uk/ is a pretty good website.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get papers from 2003 onwards? I can only access ones from 2007 onwards...

Ok thanks, I've tried some of the AQA past papers but I got a little confused, due to the fact that some of the questions aren't on the WJEC syllabus etc.

Thank you I'll have a look at the website!

I got them from my teacher at school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LRKG2079
Ok thanks, I've tried some of the AQA past papers but I got a little confused, due to the fact that some of the questions aren't on the WJEC syllabus etc.

Thank you I'll have a look at the website!

I got them from my teacher at school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. I think at this point I'd sacrifice my firstborn child for some decent past papers (Is your teacher interested in firstborns? XD)

Yeah, just ignore questions which you can't do - it's more likely due to differences in syllabus. So, ignore questions which ask about the different factors affecting lattice enthalpy, mechanisms by which transition metals act as catalysts etc.
Just do Rate/Kc/Kp/Ka/Kw/pH/Gibb's/Hess cycle questions.
Anyone have the june 2014 Chem 1 paper for AQA and the mark scheme too 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm looking for a chemistry edexcel as level unit 1 past paper which doesn't contain born harbor.
I need to know what paper this is before tomorrow
Hi I'm currently doing the iodine clock experiment for my A2 salters coursework and would like to know some ways in which people have extended their coursework to get higher marks 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if I should do past papers exam which is for international student, such as past paper 01R, even though I am not an international student? And also is it possible if anyone could send me 2014 June past papers for chemistry unit 1 edexcel and biology unit 1 edexcel please.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medically
Hello everyone. I was just wondering if I should do past papers exam which is for international student, such as past paper 01R, even though I am not an international student? And also is it possible if anyone could send me 2014 June past papers for chemistry unit 1 edexcel and biology unit 1 edexcel please.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They cover the exact same content as the regular paper. The reason for their existence is because of international candidates in the Asia Pacific region - if they take the regular paper in their time zone (day and night are pretty much directly opposite to us), they will have taken the paper first and would be able to leak the questions and answers to people in later time zones, giving us an unfair advantage. Therefore Pearson now set an 'international' paper, simply so that candidates in the Asia Pacific region may take the paper at a suitable time for them.

They cover exactly the same content and are for the same specification - they are perfectly useful for practice. There's no difference between those papers and the UK papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatyization
Mistake in the mark scheme? Working out units of K?

Rate = K[NO2]^2 [O2]

Surely the units would be: Mol-2 dm6 S-1.... Mark scheme says Moldm-3

Yeah you're right
I was wondering if someone knew where to find the legacy specification (for OCR A) on the web (or otherwise had a digital copy of it); by that I mean the actual specification document, not the past papers themselves. This is so that I am able to identify what is not on the legacy specification (which is however on the Sep. '08 spec). I'm aware that this thread is regarding chemistry, but if anyone knows where I can find the appropriate legacy documents for physics and biology as well, that would also be useful.

Many thanks
Hi! Does anyone know where I can get past paper from the edexcel old specification (before 2009)? Thanks:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending