The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Onken Frufoo

No idea what it tasted like but I remember the toy!!
And 3D doritos!

Chuffed BNs have reappeared on our shelves though! >.<
Original post by Fashion Girl
Southern Fried Chicken by Sainsbury's. They were packs of chicken fillets, basted in a spicy flavor and toasted with bread crumbs. You had to bake them in the oven before eating and I loved eating those but soon they disappeared from sight :angry: !

I'm not too sure about the fillets (chicken cooked off the bone?! Heresy!), but Sainsburys definitely still sell southern fried chicken portions.
I picked up a massive box of nerds in my local poundland the other day (along with everlasting gobstoppers). Very ****ing happy to see that, especially as they are really expensive elsewhere :biggrin:

Also, Tesco stocks cheetos (look in the foreign import section) - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=275477596 (those bad boys totally put Wotsits to shame).

I know that Iceland stock those weird hula hoop oven chip thingies, in barbeque beef and original flavors.

I really miss wotsit waffles, turkey twizzlers, those creme egg cornettos, citrus polos, and the nice n' spicy pot noodle.

Also, this is really pernickty, but Tesco have just started to separate the cucumber from the tuna filling in their T+C sandwiches (as slices instead of chunks) Still tastes ****ing delicious, but also kind of ruins it. :frown:

Oh, and the old recipe of Tesco Salt and Vinegar chipsticks - I was obsessed with the bloody things before they changed them.
Original post by FallenPetal
I picked up a massive box of nerds in my local poundland the other day (along with everlasting gobstoppers). Very ****ing happy to see that, especially as they are really expensive elsewhere :biggrin:

Also, Tesco stocks cheetos (look in the foreign import section) - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=275477596 (those bad boys totally put Wotsits to shame).

I know that Iceland stock those weird hula hoop oven chip thingies, in barbeque beef and original flavors.

I really miss wotsit waffles, turkey twizzlers, those creme egg cornettos, citrus polos, and the nice n' spicy pot noodle.

Also, this is really pernickty, but Tesco have just started to separate the cucumber from the tuna filling in their T+C sandwiches (as slices instead of chunks) Still tastes ****ing delicious, but also kind of ruins it. :frown:

Oh, and the old recipe of Tesco Salt and Vinegar chipsticks - I was obsessed with the bloody things before they changed them.

There about 3 types of creme egg ice cream out this year, not sure if any of them are cornettos though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

those creme egg cornettos.

I never had these, were they any good? The lyles golden syrup ice cream is probably one of the best I've had for brand names-gone ice cream.

Tesco have just started to separate the cucumber from the tuna filling in their T+C sandwiches (as slices instead of chunks) Still tastes ****ing delicious, but also kind of ruins it. :frown:

100% agree! It's not the same! I like chunks, not slices! There's a world of difference between slices and chunks. It's like when places add onion into tuna and cucumber without saying. HATE.

YES! The one's that almost burnt your mouth they were so sharp tasting!
Anyone remember the tellytubby pink yoghurt stuff that came out aaages ago and only lasted for like a year or something. Damn that was some tasty stuff :yum: But no one else remembers it sadly :frown:
Original post by Svenjamin
I'm not too sure about the fillets (chicken cooked off the bone?! Heresy!), but Sainsburys definitely still sell southern fried chicken portions.
No they don't! They sell a variety of Southern Fried Chicken ones and the one I want isn't one of them!
I might be pushing it a bit, but do you remember the Pokémon lollies with the gum in the middle....

What about the ice cream flavoured chewits not sure these are still around??

The monster munch that changed colour??
Jacob's Thai Bites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For a very limited period about 15 years ago Mars did a variation on the Mars Bar. Like a limited edition almost. So wierd. They ran it twice for about a few weeks each time. It was absolutely aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaazingly yummy. Just got no idea why they never produced it again.
Cola Limited Version of Lucozade

My brother when he was younger liked Cheeto's, never tasted them myself but he would want that back too though..
Jelly baby ice lollies... I don't know if they are still a thing now, but I most defiantly remember having them...

Also I swear I had an ice lolly that was green and it had little jelly bugs in it?
Original post by aarora
Who remembers BN biscuits??

You mean these?
BN biccy.jpg
Milky Way chocolate spread
Coco pops straws

Posted from TSR Mobile
Juicy Drop Pops! Especially the sour blue raspberry one.
Mint Skittles
Citrus Polos
Starburst Joosters
Cream'n'Cheesy Nik Naks
1) The strawberry flavoured calpol I was given as a child.

2) The lemony amoxycillin I was given as a child.

It's a wonder I didn't turn into a drug addict.......
Reply 2596
Bols Banana

Used to be sold by ASDA. It was amazing.
Original post by Reue
Bols Banana

Used to be sold by ASDA. It was amazing.

Thedrinkshop, best variety ever....

Anyhow...

Citrus sharp polos

Campinos, I remember when they first came out too haha as I did a tasting session for market research prior to it. Albeit I noticed in Aldi they seem to have a very similar product, might buy some.
Reply 2598
At this time of year.

Creme eggs.
Mini eggs.
Reply 2599
Turkey twizzlers back in my old school days for lunch :puppyeyes: :bawling: