The Student Room Group

NGDP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by freshcott
I got through!!! Anyone else heard? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep:smile: booked in for the 14th april afternoon. Not sure what we should be preparing..
Reply 901
Original post by veggie4life
The waiting is the worst bit but it'll all happen quite quickly after this part :smile: Reading are setting up their interviews for the final stage at the moment - 20th June!

I haven't dropped out yet :smile: We've all just changing over to second placements at the moment so it's all change! I really do love the scheme - it's the only grad job I applied for and it's definitely lived up to its expectations I had for it - It's such an odd scheme though in that it's so locally managed so the experience of NMTs varies so widely - chatting to previous NMTs at the info days and using the forum afterwards will give you a flavour though so you find a council that's right for you :smile:

Thank you for all the useful info you've posted so far. I was wondering whether you might have any tips on the next assessment centre as I have just heard tht I'm through to it. Also do you happen to know how likely we are to be offered a place if we succeed at this assessment centre..? :smile:
Reply 902
Original post by FunkyGuy
Yep:smile: booked in for the 14th april afternoon. Not sure what we should be preparing..

Ah I'm the 15th in the afternoon :smile:
Yeah I wish we had a little bit more info too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone,

Congratualtions on getting through to the next stage if you have. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!
I also joined the scheme last year and it was the best decision I ever made.

Veg is right when he says it's such an odd scheme in that everyone's experience differs massively from council to council. It is however great fun and you'll meet some amazing people & learn more than you thought possible in such a tiny space of time (whether its what you should be doing or things that need to change ASAP)

In terms of the next assessment centre, there isn't really a whole lot of preperation you can do for it. Just go at it the best you can, coffee before hand is probably a good idea. And as cliche as it sounds; just be yourself and enjoy it. Good luck! And I hope to see all of you at the information days!
Hey,

I'm also through to the second assessment center :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. I didn't get to this stage last year, so really happy about that, although kind of surprised.
I'm booked onto the 11th 1.15pm session.
I don't know where I got this from... but I heard that the individual briefing is a presentation based on what you wrote for the previous assessment center. I hope that this isn't the case, as I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really remember much of what I wrote :s-smilie:
good luck to everyone.
Reply 905
Hey Guys,

I attained the assessment centre in Sheffield on the 12th March 2014, just wondering if anybody who also attained has heard whether or not they are through to the next stage of recruitment.
I also attended the Sheffield assessment and I am yet to hear back... I'm guessing we could hear from them anytime soon, Fingers crossed :wink:
Reply 907
Original post by rebecca1777
Hey,

I'm also through to the second assessment center :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. I didn't get to this stage last year, so really happy about that, although kind of surprised.
I'm booked onto the 11th 1.15pm session.
I don't know where I got this from... but I heard that the individual briefing is a presentation based on what you wrote for the previous assessment center. I hope that this isn't the case, as I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really remember much of what I wrote :s-smilie:
good luck to everyone.

Oh man.. I really hope that's not true as I have absolutely no idea what I wrote! The whole thing is a blur!

Also, hope you guys that attended the Sheffield one hear back soon! We/I did hear back earlier than they originally planned so I wouldn't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 908
To those that have had theirs already.. How are people finding the second stage assessments?

Mine is on Tuesday. Dreading it!

Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it went alright.... it could of gone better, but then again it could also have gone a lot worse!.

Does anyone know when we will hear back?

xx
Reply 910
Original post by rebecca1777
I thought it went alright.... it could of gone better, but then again it could also have gone a lot worse!.

Does anyone know when we will hear back?

xx

Yeah I feel the same about mine. Half of it went well I think but not sure about the other half. Could have gone better but who knows.

No, I'm not sure when we find out. I should've asked. Wouldn't have thought it'd take too long as the first one only took them two weeks and there was much more marking to do.

Guess it also depends on when the local authorities have a deadline to sign up for it so they know how many they can take to interviews?

I hate the waiting period so much haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just checked my email and I'm through to the interviews :smile: Does anyone know what the chances are of getting through the interview stage, though? Though I guess it may vary each year depending on how many people are successful and how many councils signed up to the scheme... But anyway, might be worth checking your email!
Reply 912
Original post by GardenHose
Just checked my email and I'm through to the interviews :smile: Does anyone know what the chances are of getting through the interview stage, though? Though I guess it may vary each year depending on how many people are successful and how many councils signed up to the scheme... But anyway, might be worth checking your email!

They said in the last stage it is now down to 125 and they will look to place 80 people nationally, but obviously it depends on peoples preferences. Congratulations! I got mine today too was so happy.
Original post by GardenHose

Congratulations!

If I remember rightly you'll have the chance to attend an information day in the next few weeks where most of the participating authorities will show up and you can ask questions about how they run the scheme, their culture, kinds of placements things like that. After that you're given a preference form - here you can rank your regions and any specific councils you would like to try to get an interview for, there's no guarantee you'll get the ones you ask for; but nonetheless its a preference.

After that you'll be assigned 2 interviews, at this stage you've proved you have the stuff for the scheme and it really is all about finding the right fit for your skills and personality. IF you arent' successful at this stage you'll be put in a talent pool where council's joinign later or who didn't choose candidates assigned to them will interview and you may get a place then.

I had 4 interviews and had 3 offers in the second round.

Hope that all made sense!! AND again congratulations! It's not easy to get down to the final 125 so top notch to everyone who makes it this far!
Reply 914
Also got through to the council interviews, absolutely over the moon! :h:

So am I right in thinking that this preference form won't be distributed until after the information days? The e-mail suggested it would come soon, though I suppose it would make sense for it to be sent at a later date.

Do we have any idea what sort of period the interviews take place? Just a little nervous as to how close they could potentially be to University finals, eeek...
Original post by TMW92
Also got through to the council interviews, absolutely over the moon! :h:

So am I right in thinking that this preference form won't be distributed until after the information days? The e-mail suggested it would come soon, though I suppose it would make sense for it to be sent at a later date.

Do we have any idea what sort of period the interviews take place? Just a little nervous as to how close they could potentially be to University finals, eeek...

Post-information day is most likely - most likely around May 20th.

Last year & the year before that they were held at the end of June and start fo July.

Also, Congrats =]
Well done to everyone has got to this point! The preference form will come out after the information days once you have had an opportunity to chat the current grads and officers at the various council through the online forum knowledge hub, which you will be invited to join post-information day.

The main bulk of the interviews are taking place during the last two weeks in June, so plenty of time to prepare.
I also found out I got through to interview stage! Was really surprised, but am really happy. I don't want to get my hopes up too much though.... Do we get a list of the councils participating beforehand and the councils who will be at the open days??

well done to everyone else who got through!

xx
Hi! Anyone through to the final interview for the Manchester council? And does anyone have an idea when the interviews might be held? I'm worried about it clashing with my finals!!!
Hey, have I missed something? I didn't think we had even put down our preferences yet! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending