The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heckles
I think QM has free membership to the GU sports and Recreation service too? not 100% sure but there's a whole section in the accomodation terms about the GU sports and recreation service with QM. I've had a very very quick skim over it and it seems that the GU sports and recreation is included.

Yep it's included with all accommodation. Think they make a point of mentioning it with Firhill because it's not solely UoG students that stay there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by heckles
I reckon you applied early enough to get QM or Murano anyway. But student apartments sound great too. I heard sometimes they reject the application for a single room and put you into a double room instead though (if thats something which might concern you)...

I hadn't applied for QM, too expensive, but I got my offer today for a twin room in student apartments! That was my second choice behind a single room, so it suits me! Just really happy I got the apartments :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1982
Original post by InkedPhoenix
Yep it's included with all accommodation. Think they make a point of mentioning it with Firhill because it's not solely UoG students that stay there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woo! can't wait to move in.
Original post by heckles
Woo! can't wait to move in.

Me neither!! I made a thread for those of us moving into QM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for accommodation in Firhill, QM, Student Apartments and Murano.
Am I the only one who applied for Cairncross?
Original post by Claudmood
Am I the only one who applied for Cairncross?

I applied for cairncross :smile: got an offer from them the other day
Original post by Blackbird_
I applied for cairncross :smile: got an offer from them the other day

I got conditional offer for the course so I suppose I'll hear for accomodation as I'll meet the conditions of the offer
I got conditional offer for the course so I suppose I'll hear for accomodation as I'll meet the conditions of the offer

aye I heard that's how it works, best of luck!
aye I heard that's how it works, best of luck!

I will be able to provide my exam results by the end of July
Do you think there are any possibilities i 'll be offered my first choice of accomodation which Is cairncross or will it be all full up?
I will be able to provide my exam results by the end of July
Do you think there are any possibilities i 'll be offered my first choice of accomodation which Is cairncross or will it be all full up?

I think there's a good chance you'll get you're first choice. you've applied in good time and seeing as you get your exam results in July- a month before the UK students get theirs- you'll be eligible for an accommodation offer before most applicants :smile:
I think there's a good chance you'll get you're first choice. you've applied in good time and seeing as you get your exam results in July- a month before the UK students get theirs- you'll be eligible for an accommodation offer before most applicants :smile:

That's such a good news
Thank u very much :smile:
Reply 1992
I applied for murano and accepted an offer for a large flat :biggrin:
Reply 1993
Hi, Im starting in September. I stay in Newton Mearns and am thinking of living at home to save money. Does anyone know how many people live at home - is it easy to join in things if you aren't in halls?
Reply 1994
Hey Im going to Glasgow this September to do psychology and Im applying for halls, but Im not sure where to apply for. What it is like to live in and what are the differences between the halls? And what do you recommend are the best overall?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LiamMc96
I applied for murano and accepted an offer for a large flat :biggrin:

Is that far from GSA campus?
Original post by DessyL
Hey, I also going to Glasgow school of art starting in September but I am worried that I wouldn't feel comfortable if i have to share the bathroom with so many people or live in a room with someone I don't know. I even consider living in the city centre but the distance and isolation scare me. Anyone for Cairncross though?

Totally agree...is Caincross far from GSA campus?
Reply 1997
Original post by Iain banks
Is that far from GSA campus?

Im guessing you mean the school of art ?? And im not too sure
Reply 1998
Original post by Iain banks
I've just been accepted at Glasgow school of art not sure which accommodation to go for 2 on campus look okayish and Victoria halls look decent really not sure...any advice?

Heyy again :smile: I just booked a room at Victoria halls so if you choose it I'll see you around.
Original post by DessyL
Hey, I also going to Glasgow school of art starting in September but I am worried that I wouldn't feel comfortable if i have to share the bathroom with so many people or live in a room with someone I don't know. I even consider living in the city centre but the distance and isolation scare me. Anyone for Cairncross though?

I've just accepted my offer for Cairncross!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending