The Student Room Group

Language Society

So here it is the
Language Society

If you are interested in languages and everything that is somehow loosely connected to languages this society is for you!

Mirëdita, Parev, Dobrý den, Ciao , Γεια, Goddag, Goede dag, Hallo, Hello, Saluton, Hei, Bonjour, Guten Tag, 今日は, Aloha, Shalom, Namaste, napot, 你好, Halló, Halo, Aksunai, Dia dhuit,Salve,Salve, Hallo, Cześć, здравствулте, Olá, Bună ziua, Hola, Dy bannee diu, Jambo, Hej, Merhaba, Dobrý deň, Xin chŕo, Hylo, Sawubona, yareet, Привет,

(If there is no "hello" in your language let me know!)

IMPORTANT: REQUESTS TO JOIN THE LANGUAGE SOCIETY SHOULD BE WRITTEN IN:
ENGLISH, GERMAN, FRENCH OR POLISH!!!

(Unfortunately I’m no polyglot and thus would appreciate if you could write the request in a language that I am able to understand)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wheyayyyyyyye! howeh the tungaz!

i'd be most heartily saddened if you didnt put "yareet" up on your hello-list... *puppy eyes*
Reply 2
bonvenon kaj saluton :P though i dont think anyone else here was sad enough to learn esperanto. ive forgotten most of it anyway.

so...bon dia, hola and bonjour (catalan spanish and french is about all i can do at the moment) teehee

x
Where's italian!
Bonjour mes amis!
Привет
喂 Traditional chinese for hello
Reply 7
Modern Greek: Υεια!

(And, if you like, Manx Gaelic: Dy bannee diu :biggrin:)
oo~ fun! urm 今日は in Japanese! ^_^
Reply 9
Ah, great, thanks for help :smile:
Mr. Jim I wrote yareet, but you have to tell me what (in what language) it is supposed to mean :biggrin:
Reply 10
Hallo, I'd like to join. Is the soc already on the socs list?
Reply 11
gringalet
Oh, sorry to digress from the digression, but has anyone here ever been to Frankfurt, or even lived there? I've been offered an award to attend a Sommerschule at the uni there, and was just wondering what kind of a city it is!

which frankfurt?
Reply 12
Jammertal
Hallo, I'd like to join. Is the soc already on the socs list?

Yep :biggrin:
Reply 13
Just saw it and cliked the 'join button'. :biggrin:

And I'd also like to know which Frankfurt you're thinlking of gringalet. I've only been to FF though, but I'd like to spread some predjudices about Frankfurt/ Oder.
Yeah as Duck and cover mentioned.... where's italian!?

Ciao!
Reply 15
Ciao or buongiorno are definitely needed! m
But, yay! Language soc rules! :biggrin:
Reply 16
kashiya
Ah, great, thanks for help :smile:
Mr. Jim I wrote yareet, but you have to tell me what (in what language) it is supposed to mean :biggrin:

it's geordie for hello :biggrin:

P.S. - the modern greek's spelt "Γεια", lower case ghamma (&#947:wink: looks like upper case ipsilon (Y) but they're crafty them greeks :p:
There's more than one Frankfurt??! I thought there was just one, that one by Darmstadt, Russelsheim...the "am Mein" one lol
Reply 18
*Farfalla*
Yeah as Duck and cover mentioned.... where's italian!?

Ciao!

Added :biggrin:
Reply 19
Duck and Cover
There's more than one Frankfurt??! I thought there was just one, that one by Darmstadt, Russelsheim...the "am Mein" one lol

Yeah and it's quite big actually. It's on the border to Poland, about half an hour from Berlin. The Oder seperates the city, the western part is the German Frankfurt and the eastern part the polish Slubice. Btw FF is Frankfurt am Main.

Quick Reply