The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Customers sat on the phone whilst I'm trying to help them is what annoys me the most (but I guess that's what I'm paid to do).

Not long ago a customer was sat on his phone and I told him I was going to put his shoes behind the till, he nodded at me which I took as an acknowledgement. 5 minutes later he tracks me down and starts yelling "What's the crack here then? Where the hell have you put my shoes!" When I told him I put them behind the till he starts walking off and muttering "Thanks for telling me you useless ****")
Original post by rich1334
Customers sat on the phone whilst I'm trying to help them is what annoys me the most (but I guess that's what I'm paid to do).

Not long ago a customer was sat on his phone and I told him I was going to put his shoes behind the till, he nodded at me which I took as an acknowledgement. 5 minutes later he tracks me down and starts yelling "What's the crack here then? Where the hell have you put my shoes!" When I told him I put them behind the till he starts walking off and muttering "Thanks for telling me you useless ****")

Hate that as well :/
Or when you're on tills and they pay by card, then look blankly and you have to tell them to remove their card -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woman came round drive-thru a few days ago and ordered 4 cones (which is a major pain anyway) and then demanded that I put them in a cup-holder for her because she didn't want her kids to have to hold them all the way home. When I told her they wouldn't fit, she got really annoyed and went off one one about how it was going to ruin her car... maybe get ice creams IN A TUB NEXT TIME THEN??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9783
Had a customer queue at the wrong side, then scream and storm off when I called customers from the other side.. There was a sign with EXIT in big white writing on a black background right next to her.

Another time, a customer stood there chatting on her phone the whole time, telling the person at the other end how slow my service was (I slowed down on purpose :biggrin:).. but the customer who came directly after her was awesome, she start shouting at how inconsiderate it was to be on her phone, kept shouting at the customer who was walking off (still on her phone) my manager ended up giving her a discount when she intervened with a right snob of customer, need more like her, made my day :tongue:
The customers that shop in the supermarket I work in are so stuck up and rude. Once, a lady got me to read out the names of all the different ready meals, she tipped them over and then decided not to buy anything because 'she doesn't care for my tone'
-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by juliam
I work in a charity shop.

Please, please, please NEVER donate undies with skid marks on them. Especially fresh ones.

Really?
Original post by theronkinator
To be fair, Specsavers have once replaced a pair of mine for another cheap frame over a year on after they break. I wear mine 24/7 bar sleep and I was sat on the plane on my way home from holiday and there was a 'pop' and the lens popped out and the frame snapped near where one lens met the arm.

Of course, faults with the frames do happen and wherever possible we try to give the customer an alternative. We know how much people rely on their glasses, especially if you wear them all the time. The stores are franchised so the rules vary from store to store over broken frames etc.

But in the case of this particular customer it was plain to see that they didn't just snap on their own and the lenses couldn't have possibly gotten that scratched just by "being kept in the case all of the time."

I still tried to do my best to help him but because he may have had to pay for something out of his own pocket that he clearly broke, he acted as if I had personally manufactured the frame myself and was responsible for it breaking. It's customers like that who I have no time of day for and will just pass them over to the manager in that case. I don't get paid enough, nor care enough, to be spoken to like a piece of dirt by snobs like that.

I'm glad you got your frame sorted though. I'm sure you were a lot more pleasant to deal with! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9787
I currently work at KFC behind the tills. At least once a day we will get customers that will ask the most silly questions!

What chicken do you have?
Do you sell fish?
What is that chickeny thing I saw on the KFC advert?
Can I have a happy meal please?

:facepalm:
Original post by Emma:-)
Is there anyone on the student room who works in a shop, supermarket, restaurant etc and had really annoying customers.

I work in mcdonalds and we have had our fair share. One threatened to throw a brick with a bacon and egg mcmuffin selotaped to it through the window because he had apparently had a burnt one in the past and apparently the one he had on this occasion was burnt too (it wasnt at all) He never did throw it through the window.

Starting to think you got all your REP from this post :P

I once had a really hot russian girl (customer when I was working over the summer in Camden) and I got her number. :colondollar:
Reply 9789
A couple of weeks ago I had a customer come up to me (i'll also add here, that i'm fairly new to the job and i think it was my 3rd or 4th shift that this happened) with a bunch of slightly wilted flowers and complains that she had been bought flowers by her kid for mothers day, but they had died too quickly and that "it just wasn't good enough considering the flowers cost £6" I asked her when they were bought and she said a week and a half ago. What on earth does she expect; immortal plants?

i passed her on to another member of staff and she ended getting a replacement. It certainly kept me laughing for the rest of my shift though.
Reply 9790
I manually dialled a number from my home landline earlier for the first time in ages, and instinctively started the phone number with a '9'. :colondollar:
Original post by Georgie_M
So customer comes in orders a latte, I go over to our machine and I'm just about to push the 'latte' button when...

'That's not the latte button'
Me: excuse me?
Customer: I used to work with that machine you aren't pressing the right button, it's that one (points at Americano button)
Me: erm... I've worked here 2 years this is definitely the right button.
Customer: no it is not! I want that one press that button.
Me: if I press this button you will get an Americano.
Customer: no I won't it's the latte button I KNOW.

Ok ******** enjoy your Americano.

looooooooooooooooool
I had this woman today who came round drive thru. Basically she ordered a breakfast wrap meal, and when i asked which sauce- brown sauce or kectchup she wanted on the wrap, (the wrap comes with one or the other) she snapped at me that she didnt want either.
So i put the grill through as a ketchup wrap through and put "no ketchup" (there isnt a specific button that says "wrap no sauce" as the options are one or the other.
She then saw the order on the screen and snapped that she wanted it without ketchup. I explained that i had put it without ketchup. She then tried to argue and kept snapping that i had deffinately put it through with ketchup. After a couple of times trying to explain that i had actually put no ketchup on the order, she finally read the order properly and realised her mistake.
Seriously woman- check the facts before snapping at someone and trying to tell them that they are wrong.
I was working in the drive thru window today and handed a customer his food whilst I was still waiting on his drink (not all drinks are created equally) so I'm getting him his straws and napkins in the meantime and ask if he'd like any sauces to go along with his meal.
"I'd like my drink!" in the most snarky voice you can imagine.
Yeah I understand how some people can forgot to give you your drinks (has happened to me before) but it's not as if I was like "Right, that's you, come again soon!", just annoyed me more than it probably should have.

Also there seems to be a lot of people who just bark one word sentences to you. "Ketchup!" Somehow I feel that the next time this happens the person is going to get reminded what the magic word is or just not get any ketchup.
Manners cost nothing!
Ah well .... live by the drive thru, die by the drive thru :rolleyes:
Original post by Stacks
I was working in the drive thru window today and handed a customer his food whilst I was still waiting on his drink (not all drinks are created equally) so I'm getting him his straws and napkins in the meantime and ask if he'd like any sauces to go along with his meal.
"I'd like my drink!" in the most snarky voice you can imagine.
Yeah I understand how some people can forgot to give you your drinks (has happened to me before) but it's not as if I was like "Right, that's you, come again soon!", just annoyed me more than it probably should have.

Also there seems to be a lot of people who just bark one word sentences to you. "Ketchup!" Somehow I feel that the next time this happens the person is going to get reminded what the magic word is or just not get any ketchup.
Manners cost nothing!
Ah well .... live by the drive thru, die by the drive thru :rolleyes:

Both of these happen to me all the time!! And they look at you with such empty eyes before you hand them the drink/food you're waiting on... 'live by the drive thru, die by the drive thru' = new life motto!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickyJWatkinson
Both of these happen to me all the time!! And they look at you with such empty eyes before you hand them the drink/food you're waiting on... 'live by the drive thru, die by the drive thru' = new life motto!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you honestly see the best and worst of people coming through the drive thru, some people are right lovely but unfortunately it's always the bad ones who ruin your mood for the whole day.

Also just remembered that I had an elderly woman drive to my window - with her car window up. I'm stood there looking at her, she's staring back and I just proceed to talk to the pane of glass.

Think that phrase needs to be tattooed onto the knuckles of the seasoned employees or something :tongue:
Original post by Stacks
I think you honestly see the best and worst of people coming through the drive thru, some people are right lovely but unfortunately it's always the bad ones who ruin your mood for the whole day.

Also just remembered that I had an elderly woman drive to my window - with her car window up. I'm stood there looking at her, she's staring back and I just proceed to talk to the pane of glass.

Think that phrase needs to be tattooed onto the knuckles of the seasoned employees or something :tongue:

I've had a horrible day at work and this really made me laugh just now. I needed that, thank you! :tongue:
Original post by Stacks

I had one bloke come round drive thru once. I was going to have to park him up as we where waiting on his food. As both bay 1 and 2 where both full, i asked him to park in the carpark. Having obviously done this before, he then told me the last 3 letters of his registration number before he parked up. I wish all customers did that.

Ive just realised (and i may jinx things by saying this)- i havent had any customers refuse to park up lately.
Original post by Emma:-)
I had one bloke come round drive thru once. I was going to have to park him up as we where waiting on his food. As both bay 1 and 2 where both full, i asked him to park in the carpark. Having obviously done this before, he then told me the last 3 letters of his registration number before he parked up. I wish all customers did that.

Ive just realised (and i may jinx things by saying this)- i havent had any customers refuse to park up lately.

Ooh, nor have I!! I've been at uni though so I only work in the holidays- maybe they're more stressed during term time? :P It's the ones who won't park because they're late for work who crack me up/piss me off in equal measure - if you're already late, WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NickyJWatkinson
It's the ones who won't park because they're late for work who crack me up/piss me off in equal measure - if you're already late, WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?!?!

This reminds me of a woman who came through once and asked for ketchup. I put some sachets in the bag and she handed them back saying she "doesn't do sachets" and wanted the pots. Told her they were 10p each and she complained, telling me she was a "business woman on her way to a very important conference" and couldn't have sachets because "they get everywhere" and she didn't have time to go home and get changed.

Latest

Trending

Trending