The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
*prod*

just thought i'd wake you all up :biggrin: :p:
*Wakes with a jolt, after being prodded*

Well Helloooooo, so how are we this week? Any exciting news on the rugby front?
Reply 42
I hate the people who jumped ship from leeds.

Leeds for promotion next year! COME ON THE TYKES!! :biggrin:

Did you contact that number I gave you?
Reply 43
I don't blame the young guys that left Leeds, Care, Biggs, Doherty, Crane etc. Playing in a semi-pro league doesn't do much for your international aspirations.
Reply 44
Bah! They should have worked hard to get back up! Rugby is supposed to be gentlemanly.
Reply 45
hey people, sorry havent been on here in a while...a bit tied up with cswk (which will hopefully help me get to uni and get to playing ruggers...yawoo)

cant actually wait to start playing - i throw a ruggers ball around in the park avec mon dad but living in london (central central) doesnt exactly offer any opportunities for female rugby :frown:

i do feel very sorry for the leeds tykes...but my im relieved that jonny wilko managed to play 70 mins - kick lots AND not die...*phew*
Ethereal
I hate the people who jumped ship from leeds.

Leeds for promotion next year! COME ON THE TYKES!! :biggrin:

Did you contact that number I gave you?

Haven't managed to at the mo (revision and ****) but i will as soon as the a levels r out the way... i've got it safely written down, pinned to my notice board! I'll let u know how i get on... How's ur playing going on at the mo?
Reply 47
I don't play any more. Had to retire when I was 18
u come from west Yorkshire Ethereal, why is it rugby is more popular in the west than east. I was shocked when my parents sent me to school in the west to see the difference
Reply 49
To be honest, I'm not sure why it's more popular. I suppose there is a higher population density over there so more people to like it.

I didn't know you'd been to school over there. Small world!! What school?
Reply 50
hey i'm a massive rugby fan - plan to take it up at uni as don't play it as yet!

But i do (well did - now season has ended and going to uni next year i can't anymore) help coach and ref the 9 year olds at my local club. So much fun - even if we did lose more games than we won. for some reason our boys couldn't quite grasp the idea of a defence line that was straight so it had no gaps - every other club seemed to be able to do it tho!
Reply 51
Your boys probably watched England too closely.
Reply 52
lol yeh that would probably be right!
Reply 53
You should have seen the pub when we watched them play France. I kid you not, grown men wept!
Reply 54
i know i was struck dumb by the awfulness - and i'm not speechless very often. there were just no words! my parents came home and asked me how the game was and all i could do was shake my head!
Reply 55
It pained me to watch. I'd give anything to play again, and there they were no apparent interest in the game at all!
Reply 56
yeh lets hope the new coaches can do something to the england team - it becomes too painful to watch. and its getting harder to justify why they are playing so badly to my economics teacher whos from New Zealand!

shame u can't play anymore - do u coach or anything now?
Reply 57
No, when you retire from the game at 18 it's hard to have any contact. I might referee in a few years.
Reply 58
yeh when i did my refs course there was a guy there who couldn't play anymore because of a shoulder injury!
Reply 59
Also, my club didn't seem to care. They haven't even rung to see how I am and it will be 7 years in oct since I retired. I thought rugby took better care of its own than that - how wrong was I?!

Quick Reply

Latest