The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Pochettino will have a Rodgers-esque first season I think.

Maybe slightly better. I'm thinking 65ish points
Original post by rockrunride
Brilliantly taken out of context :congrats:

Are you the only Spurs fan on here? I mean you got a new manager and there was no discussion at all on this thread.
i was thinking tthe same lol
Ive spent nearly all my life in North London and know about 5 Spurs fans...
Original post by Zürich

Same here, its really strange even my mates that live in Tottenham support Arsenal. Yet whenever I go to matches the stadium is full of spurs fans, its the most weird phenomenon ive ever witnessed

But mind you the few fans I know are passionate so I guess quality is better than quantity in this case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diggy
Same here, its really strange even my mates that live in Tottenham support Arsenal. Yet whenever I go to matches the stadium is full of spurs fans, its the most weird phenomenon ive ever witnessed

But mind you the few fans I know are passionate so I guess quality is better than quantity in this case

Posted from TSR Mobile

Vast majority of Spurs fans live out in Essex or Hertfordshire these days, most young Spurs fans are just supporting their dads club. So the fan base is roughly the same size as it was 20 years ago.

Honestly do a double take whenever I see someone wearing a Spurs replica in London :laugh:
Most Spuds are from Harlow. Its literally chav central over there.
Original post by Zürich
Vast majority of Spurs fans live out in Essex or Hertfordshire these days, most young Spurs fans are just supporting their dads club. So the fan base is roughly the same size as it was 20 years ago.

Honestly do a double take whenever I see someone wearing a Spurs replica in London :laugh:

I live in Holloway but am originally from Hertfordshire. My dad had me when he lived there, he's originally from Edmonton. Urban migration.

The reason why most people that live in Tottenham are Arsenal is simple: they don't come from a 'support your dad's team' or 'support the local team' culture, so they'll support the more successful one.
Reply 4369
I live in Holloway but am originally from Hertfordshire.

REPPIN THE HERTFORDSHIRE.

Chin up lads, in three months we'll be getting lagged somewhere in eastern Europe.
Original post by Zürich

I live fairly close to London and there's absolutely loads of Spurs fans here. Maybe they all live on the outskirts :dontknow:

Surprised at the lack of Spurs fans on here tbh. Same with West Ham.
Original post by sr90
I live fairly close to London and there's absolutely loads of Spurs fans here. Maybe they all live on the outskirts :dontknow:

Surprised at the lack of Spurs fans on here tbh. Same with West Ham.

Yea that's definitely the case, loads of Spurs fans moved out to the suburbs and home counties in recent decades and that's where most of their fans live now. Not so much wrt Arsenal because most people who moved into London became Arsenal fans, but most season ticket holders commute in from the same areas. My parents live out in Watford now for instance.

WHU mainly in Essex, probably better supported than Spurs tbh. Were better supported than Chelsea until recently too.
Tottenham Hotspur’s plans to build a new 58,000-capacity stadium on a site next to their White Hart Lane home are set to go ahead following government approval. Spurs, who have played at White Hart Lane since 1899, hope to move into the new ground in 2017.

“This is a very significant step,” the club said on their website, before adding that they had “refined a detailed design of the stadium” to fully develop its potential for the future.

Tottenham have been clearing land next to White Hart Lane for the past two years and, as the government has approved the final stages of their development plans, building work can now begin.

The communities secretary, Eric Pickles, was quoted by the BBC as saying: “This scheme is supported by the locally determined development plan for the area and has received strong local support.”

White Hart Lane’s record attendance of 75,038 was set in 1938 but its capacity now is 36,230. The club have a waiting list for season tickets of more than 20,000 fans. The move to a bigger stadium will vastly increase revenue and allow Spurs to challenge better for domestic and European honours.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/12/tottenham-new-58000-stadium-government-approval
Spurs are heading down the road to disaster with this stadium
We'll rarely fill it. The season ticket waiting list is 30000+ in crude numbers but I doubt all of them would take a ST if offered tomorrow.
We'll rarely fill it. The season ticket waiting list is 30000+ in crude numbers but I doubt all of them would take a ST if offered tomorrow.

Don't forget that a lot of people are unwilling to commit to a season ticket for various reasons.

West Ham have a 60k stadium on the way as well and I think the situation with Spurs is the same as theirs - it depends on how the club is doing on the pitch. A lot of floating fans/JCLs/corporates (delete as appropriate) will simply pick whichever club is more successful. West Ham have more to worry about than Spurs on this front.
Who are Spurs even rumoured to be signing? Aside from Bony.
Original post by TheBallWinner
Who are Spurs even rumoured to be signing? Aside from Bony.

Davies. There was a rumour about Draxler but that won't happen. Spurs desperately need a left wing and another centre back as well as a striker.

They've got serious work to do!
Yeah. I always love keeping an eye on Spurs so I hope they do well.

I do however, think Soldado will shine this season. Not sure why he didn't score more last season.

Quick Reply

Latest