The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I failed last week, Apparently i moved to the left lane of the roundabout a second too late to go to the exit lane, she gave me a serious for that!, i get the impression that the exams are pass/fail quotas as the same examiner let a girl do the reverse manavour 3 different times until she got it right and she got a pass, Fuming would not be the word.
Reply 3041
I am really sad, I failed my test a second time with more mistakes.
Original post by zakou
I am really sad, I failed my test a second time with more mistakes.

Don't be :smile: Keep trying and I am sure you'll get there.

Could I book my practical before sitting my theory? I've already booked my theory test for early august and was hoping to book the practical a week or so after that.
Do I have to wait till I actually pass to book it?
You have to wait you need to get a number of your theory test certificate before you can book a test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fintaann
I failed last week, Apparently i moved to the left lane of the roundabout a second too late to go to the exit lane, she gave me a serious for that!, i get the impression that the exams are pass/fail quotas as the same examiner let a girl do the reverse manavour 3 different times until she got it right and she got a pass, Fuming would not be the word.

There's no such thing as pass/fail quotas. Sounds like that examiner just does things weirdly.
Original post by sedge22
You have to wait you need to get a number of your theory test certificate before you can book a test

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Failed for the 3rd time. This time I am more angry then sad. Practically got the same serious as last time for lane discipline at the same roundabout when going straight 2nd exit. This time as I past the 1st exit, I apparently went into the right lane (4 lanes, so 2nd to the left) and cut back into the left lane, were a car behind had to change direction because I did this.

What makes it worst is that my theory test expires late next month and it look like there's no dates available before this, so I could end up resitting in October and doing the theory again.

The whole driving experience has left me wishing that I did things different or did not learn how to drive, until I had a actual need for it.
Passed my test finally! Not a single mistake! So happy I can't even believe it.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Hi all, need some advice. I have started learning to drive 6 months back. I have done nearly 50 classes. I think I can drive fine though not perfect as desired by my instructor. Also till now I have only done turn in the road which I can do fine though not prefect by my driving instructor. Not done any other manoeuvre. He has not even given any indication of when I can schedule my test. Every week I think I am just wasting my money. Should I change the instructor? What should I do?
Hi all, need some advice. I have started learning to drive 6 months back. I have done nearly 50 classes. I think I can drive fine though not perfect as desired by my instructor. Also till now I have only done turn in the road which I can do fine though not prefect by my driving instructor. Not done any other manoeuvre. He has not even given any indication of when I can schedule my test. Every week I think I am just wasting my money. Should I change the instructor? What should I do?

50 lessons in and you've still done no other manoeuvres than the turn in the road?
I know it all depends on what instructor you're using but I was made to learn them all after 4 lessons - and I still haven't passed. That says a lot about my ability!

Personally, I feel your instructor is just there to take your money. He doesn't sound much good.
It's very hard to get a perfect drive; you tend to make at least one minor mistake a lesson, so why you're instructor's waiting for a completely perfect drive is beyond me.

I'd change your instructor. Could you maybe insure a family member's car to learn? Or ask friends if they could recommend another instructor?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah, that sounds like a ripoff. I learned all the manoeuvres in the very first few lessons and practiced thereafter. I know how it feels, but at this point it's still best for you to change instructor or ask him to actually help you with the remaining manoeuvres and get yourself done with them.
Failed my driving test! Literally 5 minutes away from heading back to the test centre. :frown: Didn't see driver on the right at a mini roundabout, caused them to brake on the roundabout. Oh well! Have booked another one :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Below is what my original rant was going to be...
"How dare there be 'undue hesitation' on the mark sheet. If ever there was a money making scam, that would be it! Can you guess why I failed? Too cautious when joining a dual carriageway and stopping when I didn't need to. £132 out of pocket (includes childminder fee). Rage rage rage"

Then, I went to lie down for 10/15 minutes and trawled the internet for failure quotes and found this one...

'Failure is the first step to success'

It didn't immediately put a smile on my face (which I do now have btw) but it did put things in to perspective. I'm not a failure and neither is anyone else. It's just the situations we end up in. Okay, it doesn't help that, the money spent to pass could have been put towards clothes, shoes, PS games, a weekend break away, food shopping for the next few weeks etc haha. I have got over that by thinking the money is a 'gift' to myself to have the opportunity to become a qualified driver.

It was my first attempt and I can't promise to be so enlightening if I get to test number 4!

I forgot where I was going with this. Oh yes, negative energies thrive so turn that frown upside down and be grateful for every good thing you have in your life.

Good luck to everyone x
Honestly guys, hang in there. I had to take my test 9 times! I made a video about the experience and driving in general if you want to give it a watch! x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnrzzmrEakc
Just failed my first test :frown: arghhh 10 minutes out pulled in to the left without looking which i understood totally....it was the way he was speaking to me like i was a child and really condescending especially when joining the dual he was pushing me to go before i'd done my checks he was like 'he's not going to wait forever' which totally put me off then he was pushing me to overtake a cyclist between junctions/golf course entrances, on a bend just before a bridge and a hill....i mean i've been there with my instructor and as i spoke it over with him he was like really ?? So frustrating but ahh well i will still get my car on friday they will just have to deliver it instead!! I ended up with 10 faults altogether 2 for Gears, 1 for mirrors changing direction (the serious i knew i'd made) 3 for appropriate speed which he turned into a serious, 3 for undue hesitation which he didn't turn into a serious and one for awareness/planning which isn't a whole lot to fix just really annoying. Good Luck everyone else :biggrin:
Original post by Justin122
Failed today. Examiner was getting ready to get out the pass certificate but as I drove into the test centre I almost hit one of the poles next to the gates. I got a serious fault for steering.

Remember this? I passed today!!!!
Original post by Justin122
Remember this? I passed today!!!!

Congratulations!
Reply 3059
Well I just failed for the second time today, 2 serious faults, one for driving in the right lane when I should have been in the left lane unless I needed to turn right, but I knew the route I was given so I was staying in the right lane to be prepared x_x And the second fault was that I was driving at 40mph on the A1000 (a country road with the national speed limit), I was driving at 40mph because there were loads of turns and oncoming traffic on the narrow road, and just when I was about to speed up, like 12 cars over took me giving me no chance to get to an acceptable speed. Overall this time I ended up with 13 minor and 2 major faults.

I honestly thought I had passed unlike my first test where I stalled twice at green lights and pulled out of a T junction too soon because I was worried about losing a mark for hesitancy. I'm not sure how long I should wait until taking the test again but according to my instructor I failed because of the following reasons; Since the first test I had only taken 6 hours of lessons, I was fasting (Ramadan) and the test time was at 7:07am and I only had an hours sleep.

I also wanted to know anyone's opinion on my serious faults this time around, I never realised it was a 'major' fault to go 40mph in a 70, and also the lane issue, to me, didn't seem like a big problem.

Good luck to anyone taking their test soon! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending