The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
We'll rarely fill it. The season ticket waiting list is 30000+ in crude numbers but I doubt all of them would take a ST if offered tomorrow.

Original post by sr90
Don't forget that a lot of people are unwilling to commit to a season ticket for various reasons.

West Ham have a 60k stadium on the way as well and I think the situation with Spurs is the same as theirs - it depends on how the club is doing on the pitch. A lot of floating fans/JCLs/corporates (delete as appropriate) will simply pick whichever club is more successful. West Ham have more to worry about than Spurs on this front.

Levy will fill it, without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, that oft-quoted waiting list is BS designed to tempt investors. But there is definitely demand for at least another 10K season tickets no doubt, plus in nearly all cases more match-day tickets and that's before you consider the possibility of a price drop, new ST holders bringing kids along, etc. I predict we'll fill it up for every League and Champions League match we play.
Original post by Michael!
Davies. There was a rumour about Draxler but that won't happen. Spurs desperately need a left wing and another centre back as well as a striker.

They've got serious work to do!

I agree, but not in that way. Imo if Spurs can hold out this transfer window without a single signing, but also not let anyone go, would consider it a success.

The team were injury plagued horrifically last season there were points where we were literally playing a second team. However of course if Levy could somehow offload Soldado for 15+ million, that would be great... But wouldn't a left back be better than anywhere else? I mean we have Zeki Fryers and Rose who are pretty bad tbh, and Jan can play there but it's a waste of his talent. Granted he had a bad season this year but I think he had a falling out with Sherwood, iirc. And going from one of the best centre halves in the league last season and being replaced next season must be pretty demoralising
Great to see we've finally signed Davies, much needed signing. Nice to have Vorm as well, I can only assume Pochettino plans on rotating the squad a bit for the cups.
Original post by Saoirse:3
Levy will fill it, without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, that oft-quoted waiting list is BS designed to tempt investors. But there is definitely demand for at least another 10K season tickets no doubt, plus in nearly all cases more match-day tickets and that's before you consider the possibility of a price drop, new ST holders bringing kids along, etc. I predict we'll fill it up for every Champions League match we play.

Original post by Saoirse:3
Levy will fill it, without a shadow of a doubt. Yes, that oft-quoted waiting list is BS designed to tempt investors. But there is definitely demand for at least another 10K season tickets no doubt, plus in nearly all cases more match-day tickets and that's before you consider the possibility of a price drop, new ST holders bringing kids along, etc. I predict we'll fill it up for every League and Champions League match we play.

You don't have Champions League football..
Original post by Zürich

Well done, you deliberatly misquoted me to make a bad point. Congrats.

Original post by Zerforax
You don't have Champions League football..

That's not to say we won't in 2017 or whenever the stadium eventually opens. We've finished 4th twice, no reason to think it can't happen again (or that we can't win the Europa League). Not saying it's guaranteed, but it's equally foolish to call it impossible.
Victory's sweeter when you're pony all game and nick it. Just because people try and use it as an argument and then bosh, you remind them of the result. They mirin.

DIER, FAR, WHEREVER YOU ARE
Victory's sweeter when you're pony all game and nick it. Just because people try and use it as an argument and then bosh, you remind them of the result. They mirin.

Naughton's red card was so harsh. There was a near identical incident in the United Swansea game and nothing was given at all.
describe spurs style of play under poch?

I'm such a fan of Eric Dier so I'm glad his debut went the way it did for him, even though at the same time it was a little bit difficult to watch because it means he's no longer in our league.

I remember reading last summer that both yourselves and Fulham were interested in signing him so I'm made up for him that he's finally had his big move, but I really didn't think it would happen after the season he had last season.

Bags of potential but unfortunately for him it just didn't work out whilst Jardim was in charge, but that is why I thought maybe this season with Marco Silva around he stood a good chance of becoming a key figure this season for Sporting - which was something I was looking forward to watching. Hopefully he'll continue to impress for you lot and he gets the games he deserves to get. You have got an absolute gem for a cracking price too.
Spurs putting in a good shift against QPR. 3 - 0 Up at HT atm. Dier scores yet again.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
I'm such a fan of Eric Dier so I'm glad his debut went the way it did for him, even though at the same time it was a little bit difficult to watch because it means he's no longer in our league.

I remember reading last summer that both yourselves and Fulham were interested in signing him so I'm made up for him that he's finally had his big move, but I really didn't think it would happen after the season he had last season.

Bags of potential but unfortunately for him it just didn't work out whilst Jardim was in charge, but that is why I thought maybe this season with Marco Silva around he stood a good chance of becoming a key figure this season for Sporting - which was something I was looking forward to watching. Hopefully he'll continue to impress for you lot and he gets the games he deserves to get. You have got an absolute gem for a cracking price too.

He's brilliant. Spurs have a fair tradition of wing backs dating from the 60s so I'm glad he gets forward and puts an attacking shift in. His scoring header yesterday was sublime. Touch of the Bale about him - not, of course, in terms of impressing early on in his career here, but scoring decent goals when starting in the full back role. Great price indeed!

Not sure how we'll fare against Liverpool next week. Massive test, especially at the back with the arrival of Balotelli, but I reckon we should keep Rose in and have Davies start against Limassol instead. The 4-2-3-1 works for us but being a sentimentalist I'd like to see Soldado get a bit more playing time, maybe in a 4-1-3-2. Two up front worked excellently for us when Modric, Adebayor and van der Vaart played together.
Reply 4392
Good to see we've gone backward while all other teams around us took steps forward in the latest transfer window.
Original post by FK
Good to see we've gone backward while all other teams around us took steps forward in the latest transfer window.

You spent £100m+ in a window last year and went backwards so I'm not sure why Spurs fans think spending money is the solution when you routinely appoint managers who are either terrible, or are ruined by the genius that is Daniel Levy.
Really not sure what's going on with this side.
It's quite clear, you are playing players who clearly are not good enough. Why are the likes Ryan Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Rose and others getting so much gametime when they are terrible or nowhere near the requisite quality? These 4 players should not be in the first 18 yet get a lot of game time when fit.

You are good at beating small teams due to your attacking quality and defence but there's little to no pace in the side in attacking positions meaning that whenever you're in an attacking position against an organised defence you're forced to pass from side to side in front of the defence, a lot of players put in the squad for this season when the main thing was to get the team to gel.

Also add to that you have the worst big game mentality there is around in the league it makes for a terrible mixture. Essentially you're an even ****ter and slower version of Arsenal last season. Chadli has been doing well though and Eriksen is a quality player(albeit not amazingly consistent)
Reply 4396
Original post by jam277
It's quite clear, you are playing players who clearly are not good enough. Why are the likes Ryan Mason, Bentaleb, Townsend, Rose and others getting so much gametime when they are terrible or nowhere near the requisite quality? These 4 players should not be in the first 18 yet get a lot of game time when fit.

You are good at beating small teams due to your attacking quality and defence but there's little to no pace in the side in attacking positions meaning that whenever you're in an attacking position against an organised defence you're forced to pass from side to side in front of the defence, a lot of players put in the squad for this season when the main thing was to get the team to gel.

Also add to that you have the worst big game mentality there is around in the league it makes for a terrible mixture. Essentially you're an even ****ter and slower version of Arsenal last season. Chadli has been doing well though and Eriksen is a quality player(albeit not amazingly consistent)

:O Harsh words....true but harsh....and I liked your posts generally aswell. hmph.
Lol back to mid-table mediocrity.
Original post by Scott.M
Lol back to mid-table mediocrity.

Quick Reply