The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
woh! slightly harsh there, will this be the usual; one part of yorkshire hating the other for no reason other than it's another part of yorkshire, or is there a genuine reason for wanting them relegated?
Reply 81
I used to play against them before I retired from the game. It's local rivalry :wink:
Hey I just joined the society but being lurking for a while.
I'm Jen, 18 and support Gloucester with a soft spot for the Tigers!

In response to the England vs Australia question, think it will be a close match. England are feeding a good young team with a lot of talent.
Reply 83
I know someone who's going to watch the game in sydney. She's doing her masters out there. If I'd had enough money for flights I'd have been going too. Damnit!!
silens_fatuus
I'm Jen, 18 and support Gloucester with a soft spot for the Tigers!

Hell Yeah, another Tigers fan!:biggrin: That's just what we need, and i mean that with the greatest sincerity...
Reply 85
WorkHouse
Hell Yeah, another Tigers fan!:biggrin: That's just what we need, and i mean that with the greatest sincerity...

Only cos you've been a loner!!

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter I couldn't afford flights for the rugby. Especially as the game ticket would have been a present for me. It gets worse. She was gonna buy tickets for the ashes in sydney in January, and I'll be at bloody uni! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!! I mean imagine that, someone buying you tickets for everday of the test in sydney and you can't bloody go!
Ethereal
Only cos you've been a loner!!

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter I couldn't afford flights for the rugby. Especially as the game ticket would have been a present for me. It gets worse. She was gonna buy tickets for the ashes in sydney in January, and I'll be at bloody uni! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!! I mean imagine that, someone buying you tickets for everday of the test in sydney and you can't bloody go!

Bastard - for the first comment only... Although there is an element of truth in what you speak!

Awww, poor u :frown: - and again i do mean that with the greatest sincerity - How much was the flight? I know it's practically too late now but how much would you've had to raise? I know its hardly, well, seeing England thrash the aussies in their own back yard, but i had the same problem with Radio 1's big weekend... I am a pov, come join me in my pov-ness!:wink:
Reply 87
WorkHouse
Bastard - for the first comment only... Although there is an element of truth in what you speak!

Awww, poor u :frown: - and again i do mean that with the greatest sincerity - How much was the flight? I know it's practically too late now but how much would you've had to raise? I know its hardly, well, seeing England thrash the aussies in their own back yard, but i had the same problem with Radio 1's big weekend... I am a pov, come join me in my pov-ness!:wink:

Flight cost is irrelevant when overdrawn lol
Ethereal
Flight cost is irrelevant when overdrawn lol

The perils of a University education eh? What is it ur studying again?
Reply 89
Have finished my Law degree. Just waiting for my results. Then in sept I go to do the LPC which is why I'll be in uni on Jan 2nd and so can't go to the ashes. Oh cruel fate!!
Ethereal
Have finished my Law degree. Just waiting for my results. Then in sept I go to do the LPC which is why I'll be in uni on Jan 2nd and so can't go to the ashes. Oh cruel fate!!

best of luck for the results!"Oh cruel fate" indeed... Bugger... just think, when you're fully qualified you can fly first class to sydney while your scores of employee/ minions dou YOUR work for you...
Reply 91
WorkHouse
best of luck for the results!"Oh cruel fate" indeed... Bugger... just think, when you're fully qualified you can fly first class to sydney while your scores of employee/ minions dou YOUR work for you...

LOL, not where I'll be working. I've got too much social conscience to work in private practice so I'm going to be a civil service lawyer.

Have you made contact about playing yet?
Ethereal
LOL, not where I'll be working. I've got too much social conscience to work in private practice so I'm going to be a civil service lawyer.

Have you made contact about playing yet?

Aw, look at you all noble and with a conscience and ****...

No, *workhouse looks arourd cautiously for ethereal and his whip*... Has been really hectic with exams etc, i'm on holiday straight after and then into a disgustingly full-on rehersal schedule (yes i'm a luvvie - only a sound technician for this one though) for a further two weeks. A mate of mine's been trying to convince me for months to join the mold ladies side, so i'll have to flip a coin... Chester or mold (england or wales)...
Reply 93
We now have 16 members. We could field a team :wink:
Ethereal
We now have 16 members. We could field a team :wink:

Yey, dibs on scrum half! So who are they then, you should make a list... or have you forgotten (I have with my lovely soc.)?
Reply 95
*selects workhouse at watergirl"
Ethereal
*selects workhouse at watergirl"

Bastard! *watergirl WorkHouse soaks Ethereal with water he stupidly gave her*
Reply 97
Ahhhhhhhhh nice cool water :biggrin: needed that.

*fires watergirl*
lol, *fired watergirl runs onto the field mid match and tackles ethereal, runs off with the ball... ha ha ha you can't play anymore*
Reply 99
bring my balls back! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest