The Student Room Group

some advice required! please

Today I received 4 B's in Biology chem maths and history for my AS. I was heavily considering dentistry but scared I won't get any offers. My maths and History is very close to the A and considering having a re mark. Should I still apply for dentistry and where?
Original post by mass_
Today I received 4 B's in Biology chem maths and history for my AS. I was heavily considering dentistry but scared I won't get any offers. My maths and History is very close to the A and considering having a re mark. Should I still apply for dentistry and where?

Moved to Dentistry forum to help get you some responses :smile:
Original post by mass_

For dentistry you must be predicted and achieve AAA at A2. If your teachers predict AAA then there is no reason why you shouldn't apply. However, dentistry is fiercely competitive and many applicants will have stronger AS levels. Therefore it is really important for you to make sure your application is strong in other areas including work experience, volunteering etc. You will also need to double check GCSE requirements for dentals schools as some require A/A* in certain subjects.
If your teachers won't predict AAA then my advice is to work your socks off and apply for 2016 entry with achieved grades.

Quick Reply

Latest