The Student Room Group

The Rugby Union Society

Scroll to see replies

You'll have to beg biatch!:p:
Reply 101
you

wish
Reply 102
Probably a bit late coming to this thread, but i play Fly Half for Waterloo Rugby in Liverpool. Probably moving to Tarleton next year if anyone is from around Merseyside/Lancs. area.

I only read the first page, but i dont see why forwards feel the need to spread their worth so much, in rugby everyone relies on everyone else just as much, its the ultimate team game, (though i like to think i win the games with my boot...)
Reply 103
Simply because the backs get all the glory whilst the forwards do all the punishing work
Reply 104
hey, another tigers supporter here. glad theres a society now, any chance of a link to it?
Reply 105
bloody all blicks, had to get up at 7.30 after getting to bed at 4.30 to watch the game, and actually thought ireland could do it up until around 65 mins, gutted. Absolutely wrecked now, we better win the 2nd test
Reply 106
Mutant
hey, another tigers supporter here. glad theres a society now, any chance of a link to it?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=4

scroll down til you spot us, then click join
Reply 107
great, cheers for that.
Colly
bloody all blicks, had to get up at 7.30 after getting to bed at 4.30 to watch the game, and actually thought ireland could do it up until around 65 mins, gutted. Absolutely wrecked now, we better win the 2nd test

At least you got to see it, I'm stuck doing flexi time in Dunnes Stores for the summer!
Still I think our performance(from what ive heard, and seen on the six o'clock news) was very encouraging.
Reply 109
*mourns the team that won the webb-ellis cup*
Reply 110
So, what happened to the team that beat Australia in the closing seconds of the last World Cup? :confused:

Australia 34: England 3
Reply 111
yawn
So, what happened to the team that beat Australia in the closing seconds of the last World Cup? :confused:

Australia 34: England 3

retired
Reply 112
Ethereal
retired

What, the whole team?

That was bad management that obviously lacked the foresight to see that the team needed to have young blood to carry on as and when the oldies retired.
Reply 113
Clive Woodward built the whole team up to do one thing, and that was to win the world cup.

There are plenty of young players available in England and they could be a good team, but after losing Brian Ashton and having an idiot in Andy Robinson in charge after Woodward left has meant they have not brought new talent in, theyve gone stale and performed poorly.

Woodward did a good job, it was his successors that have let the England team down, not poor management on his part.
Reply 114
yeh once again a display by england that was painful to watch!
Reply 115
Just posting to join...
18yrs, play blindside, center (prefer 12) and occasional wing. Have been tempted to play at 9 as well.
Only been playing for 2years (was a footie fan before that) but since moving in with my dad, have fallen in love with the sport. Hoping to get fitter over the summer ready for next season and hopefully continue playing in manchester :smile:

And I'm not a fan of AR.
Kiteo
Just posting to join...
18yrs, play blindside, center (prefer 12) and occasional wing. Have been tempted to play at 9 as well.
Only been playing for 2years (was a footie fan before that) but since moving in with my dad, have fallen in love with the sport. Hoping to get fitter over the summer ready for next season and hopefully continue playing in manchester :smile:

And I'm not a fan of AR.

Don't think anyone is!
Welcome btw!
Reply 117
silens_fatuus
Don't think anyone is!
Welcome btw!

I think his mam is
Reply 118
Watched the England game, poor Varndell! He needs another season before he's ready. Looked good in the Sevens though.

I laughed when I saw Goode was starting. I'd be embarassed if I was in England fan, he's an okay player (nothing more), but he does look like he's more suited to be a tight-head prop rather than a 10!

Wales didn't look much cop in Argentina either, although I only watched the first-half of the Second Test. Mind you only one European nation has won a test series in Argentina... And that was Wales :smile:
Reply 119
david17
Watched the England game, poor Varndell! He needs another season before he's ready. Looked good in the Sevens though.

I laughed when I saw Goode was starting. I'd be embarassed if I was in England fan, he's an okay player (nothing more), but he does look like he's more suited to be a tight-head prop rather than a 10!

Wales didn't look much cop in Argentina either, although I only watched the first-half of the Second Test. Mind you only one European nation has won a test series in Argentina... And that was Wales :smile:

Front row is far more skilled than number 10. That is why the laws of the game require a team to have an experienced front row replacement.

Quick Reply

Latest