The Student Room Group

To those that have passed their theory driving test.. help!

Hey guys, so basically I wanna take the theory test.

How long did you spend revising on it
On a scale of 1-10 how hard was it
On a scale of 1-10 how important is revision (I've heard its mostly common sense)

and for anyone that used the PC disk.. is it me or do you they expect you to just jump into.. there's no revision section or anything.. it's like they want you to go heads first in answering mock questions.

Thanks!!
Spent around 3-4 hours the night before.
Just get a copy of the Highway Code from WHSmith (it's £2 I think) and spend a day or two cramming it. Memorise the stopping distances and the road signs and then have a go at some of the questions on the CD. You'll be fine, if you can get through school exams you can definitely do a theory driving test.

Difficulty - 3/10 if that
Importance of revision - Yeah you're gonna want to do some revision, but it's just memorising easy and common sense stuff
Spent about 3 hours the day before. It was all common sense and I passed the first time round. It is nothing to worry about.
Removed to Learning to Drive section :h:
Reply 5
hi there , good luck with your test. I bought the LDC disk from asda and I revised loads and loads , I did every test until I was getting nearly 50/50 each time and high scores for hazard perception , and I got some right horrible questions on my theory test that I was unfamiliar with , I passed and only got 2 wrong , but there was some very unusual questions . I highly recommend revision and practice especially for the hazard perception
It really is common sense for a lot of the questions. I practised online and just did as many mock tests as possible. It really helped with the hazard perception! I didn't find it too difficult, but my Pass Plus instructor was saying how she had 2 students take 6 attempts. There's a couple of handy apps on the App Store that help with the questions, I'd advise getting them- I only used free ones and still passed first time!

Difficulty: 3/10
Revision: 6/10
Sorry, I'm pretty useless when it comes to grading things! Best of luck! :smile:
Difficulty 3\10
Revision 8\10 just because I tried to get my hands on everything. I passed first time on the theory by doing that :smile: However thought before that I would have to cancel due to a 24 hour stomach bug the previous day but was fine on the actual day to go
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
It's not that difficult and more common sense. Just review all your answers before just move onto the hazard perception section.
Read the Highway Code - 1-2 hours.
Read Driving Test Theory book (official DVSA) - 2-3 hours.
Use DVD ROM to practise hazard 'game' until you 'get it' - 1 hour.
Do a couple of mock tests online or on the DVD ROM to check - 1/2 hour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending