The Student Room Group

Pleven, Bulgaria - Feb 2015 offers

Hi,

Has anyone else here been offered to study at Pleven MU, starting feb 2015?

Would be nice to hear from any current students at pleven too? Whats the uni like etc?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there
I have just received an offer to study med FEB 2015. Would be great to find out a bit more about Pleven. Definitely excited. Would like to hear from current students and 2015 intake.
Reply 2
Hi all,

I have an offer for Feb 2015! Any post grads here? Also, anyone know where we can look for accommodation? The Outreach accommodation seems relatively expensive for what it is...

Thanks,

Kate
Reply 3
Original post by Medic-Kate
Hi all,

I have an offer for Feb 2015! Any post grads here? Also, anyone know where we can look for accommodation? The Outreach accommodation seems relatively expensive for what it is...

Thanks,

Kate

hi I have an offer for feb 2015 at Pleven but am not sure if i should go or not. I am a Biomed Graduate but I have heard that Bulgaria is racist based on skin colour and religion. Do you anything about that?
Reply 4
It's an international course and there are people of all races there. Can I ask where you heard that and do they have a credible source to back it up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi,

If anyone would like, inbox me your facebook so hopefully we can chat/get to know each other before we go :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hirra
hi I have an offer for feb 2015 at Pleven but am not sure if i should go or not. I am a Biomed Graduate but I have heard that Bulgaria is racist based on skin colour and religion. Do you anything about that?

I have a Bulgarian friend but she was raised all over the place, her parents were diplomats.

She never wanted to stay there. She said most people, even in big towns, are narrow minded. And yes, there is racism based on skin color and religion and sexual orientation and everything that could possibly set you apart from the white, straight, Orthodox christian Bulgarian person.

It might be different on an international course though, but I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to the local population.
Reply 7
Hi guys, just been sent my offer for Feb 2015. Anyone here already study at Pleven?
Original post by Absrohman
Hi there
I have just received an offer to study med FEB 2015. Would be great to find out a bit more about Pleven. Definitely excited. Would like to hear from current students and 2015 intake.

Hey, I've been offered a place too! Where are you from? :smile:
Reply 9
Hey people, congrats on your offers. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding pleven medical uni or anything else. I am currently studying there in first year :smile:
Original post by Amara Naz
Hey people, congrats on your offers. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding pleven medical uni or anything else. I am currently studying there in first year :smile:

Hello for AS levels i got BCCC is it still possible for me to apply or no?
Original post by Jacky1323
Hello for AS levels i got BCCC is it still possible for me to apply or no?

Hey. I can't really give a definite answer to this question. You can contact outreach education and ask them the current entry requirements or check up on the website for their entry requirements.
Or email the Uni.

Sorry.
Reply 12
Original post by Amara Naz

Hi, im thinking of applying to pleven university of medicine, just wanna know if you applied through outreach and if there is loan scheme and how it works. Thanks in advance:smile:
Hey guys where do I apply to study dentistry in Bulgaria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey

i have an offer to study at pleven starting feb 2015.

My one concern is if the course is accepted by the GMC or if after the degree you would have to do conversion exams etc I emailed the GMC who copied and pasted there website into an email and sent it back to me , helpful!
Original post by the wait
Hey

i have an offer to study at pleven starting feb 2015.

My one concern is if the course is accepted by the GMC or if after the degree you would have to do conversion exams etc I emailed the GMC who copied and pasted there website into an email and sent it back to me , helpful!

It's recognised by the GMC :smile:
Reply 16
Hi all,

Thanks,

Kate

Im a post grad aswell
Reply 17
Hi all,

Thanks,

Kate

How much is the Outreach Accommodation by the way ? - I've got an offer from Pleven Feb 2015 Start, searching for accommodation too
Original post by Hirra

2:1 or 1st?
Reply 19
OOOHH I didnt see this so I started a thread now oops. I am going to Pleven too in feb for med :smile:

Quick Reply