The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3180
Original post by Mizan_K97
I just spoke to my instructor about it and he explained it! I cant thank you enough as i feel so much better at this moment in time God/Life bless you my friend!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile:
Original post by Exx
No problem :smile:

Hopefully i get it because it was only 1 error and i know why and how to erect it! And i shan't be doing that again 😆 fingers crossed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I failed my first one in 5 minutes (reverse round a corner, and I smashed into the kerb) and the Bast*rd still made me drive for the remaining 40 mins or whatever. 2nd time i *JUST* passed, with like 12 minors :P :P what is life?
i just want to start by saying I only know a handful of people who passed their driving test first time it is literally just by chance i think.. As for myself.... i failed my first test with 1 minor and one major, and that was for 'positioning myself on the left hand side of a one way street waiting to turn right' OKAY THEN.:s-smilie: As annoyed and disappointed as i was, i booked my next test 3 weeks later and passed! with 3 minors! must have just had a b*stard of a previous examiner. the main things that helped me was to remain calm and remember the examiner is ONLY A PERSON. Although passing seemed like the only thing i could think of at the time, I tried to remember that it definitely was not the end of the world, and lastly, not to tell anyone that i was taking it! felt alot more hyped to tell people that id passed when they didn't even know i was taking it! haha.
if you fail.. the best thing to do is keep going. i felt so disheartened my first time because i felt i was doing really well until obviously we'd driven all the way back to the test center for the examiner to say id failed :mad: ... anyway. Do not dwell on the fact you might not have passed on your first few tries. Just keep going (if you have the money obviously) and when you get into the car next time just remind yourself that you KNOW you're a good driver.. that's what i did!

maybe try a diff test center in your area? just an idea! good luck!!!!!
Original post by Exx
Did you try for a Saturday test? They're £10 extra but worth it

Wait this might sound quite stupid... But do i not have to wait 10 days for a rebook? (If i even find any)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jellybean95x
i just want to start by saying I only know a handful of people who passed their driving test first time it is literally just by chance i think.. As for myself.... i failed my first test with 1 minor and one major, and that was for 'positioning myself on the left hand side of a one way street waiting to turn right' OKAY THEN.:s-smilie: As annoyed and disappointed as i was, i booked my next test 3 weeks later and passed! with 3 minors! must have just had a b*stard of a previous examiner. the main things that helped me was to remain calm and remember the examiner is ONLY A PERSON. Although passing seemed like the only thing i could think of at the time, I tried to remember that it definitely was not the end of the world, and lastly, not to tell anyone that i was taking it! felt alot more hyped to tell people that id passed when they didn't even know i was taking it! haha.
if you fail.. the best thing to do is keep going. i felt so disheartened my first time because i felt i was doing really well until obviously we'd driven all the way back to the test center for the examiner to say id failed :mad: ... anyway. Do not dwell on the fact you might not have passed on your first few tries. Just keep going (if you have the money obviously) and when you get into the car next time just remind yourself that you KNOW you're a good driver.. that's what i did!

maybe try a diff test center in your area? just an idea! good luck!!!!!

Some good advice there folks!! I passed second time and it's probably because I was much more relaxed. My instructors car was breaking down (that's a whole other story) so I was pretty sure that I would fail anyway or wouldn't get to finish the test.
My advice to you guys is don't bog yourself down on everything you're gonna do when you pass or how important it is that you pass! Have a practice of your manoeuvres before the test, specifically the one you're struggling most with - everyone has the one you could see yourself breaking down in tears if the examiner asks you to complete it!
And if anyone has questions I'm happy to answer them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait this might sound quite stupid... But do i not have to wait 10 days for a rebook? (If i even find any)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I booked within 12 hours of failing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kerrydouglas

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't even told anything about this by anyone until i asked... But i dont think i will be able to find a test, it seems impossible since the earliest one right now is in Nov!! ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kerrydouglas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im just angry because i waited a solid 2 months and my error shouldnt have even been a major in my view because overall, even the examiner said, it was that one mistake... I just hate how they think ill learn from failing and not just redoing quickly to has things over. But on a real note i just see it as them making more money... Piss take, im a better/safer driver than half the people i know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my test yesterday and failed on a wrong lane change! I knew the examiner hated me as soon as the test started cos I kept stuttering. I feel gutted that I have to wait another 2 months for another test plus I can't afford another 8+ lessons. Any ideas of what I can do to get something earlier? (That Saturday test sounds pretty good but how do you get it?)
I failed first time, was an almost perfect drive only 2 minors, but apparently was still 'touching 40' when a 40 road changed to 30 for which I got 1 serious.
Reply 3191
Im just angry because i waited a solid 2 months and my error shouldnt have even been a major in my view because overall, even the examiner said, it was that one mistake... I just hate how they think ill learn from failing and not just redoing quickly to has things over. But on a real note i just see it as them making more money... Piss take, im a better/safer driver than half the people i know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sorry to hear this:redface: I found an early test very quickly by using this website: www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk :smile: They have found 17 cancellations for me so far (I started using this website in August). Hope this helps and good luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by komalshari
I had my test yesterday and failed on a wrong lane change! I knew the examiner hated me as soon as the test started cos I kept stuttering. I feel gutted that I have to wait another 2 months for another test plus I can't afford another 8+ lessons. Any ideas of what I can do to get something earlier? (That Saturday test sounds pretty good but how do you get it?)

Im on the same boat. You basically have to keep checking the website for booking and just maybe that Golden date will show up keep at it! Keep me updated too, also where abouts are you from big populated cities tend to be the longest wait but unlike me i live in a not to hugely populated kettering the reason for a long wait is DSA themselves just being so **** by having like 2 guys and thats it starts at 9am- 3.30pm thats it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Im sorry to hear this:redface: I found an early test very quickly by using this website: www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk :smile: They have found 17 cancellations for me so far (I started using this website in August). Hope this helps and good luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started using that yeasterday XD yea hopefully i find a results... Nothing yet i even paid for 10 min checks rather than every 20 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3194

Have a look at my post further down:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3195
I started using that yeasterday XD yea hopefully i find a results... Nothing yet i even paid for 10 min checks rather than every 20 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I paid for 5 min checks and they sent me a cancellation the day after I signed up:awesome: Don't worry there's always cancellations. When do you want your test?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im on the same boat. You basically have to keep checking the website for booking and just maybe that Golden date will show up keep at it! Keep me updated too, also where abouts are you from big populated cities tend to be the longest wait but unlike me i live in a not to hugely populated kettering the reason for a long wait is DSA themselves just being so **** by having like 2 guys and thats it starts at 9am- 3.30pm thats it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it does depend where you live, but I live in a small county called bedford and the Saturday test isn't even available where I live I've checked so many times and even signed up to all these driving cancellation websites (free trials for now) but they can't seem to find me anything!!
I think it does depend where you live, but I live in a small county called bedford and the Saturday test isn't even available where I live I've checked so many times and even signed up to all these driving cancellation websites (free trials for now) but they can't seem to find me anything!!

Yea man youre not too far away from where i live... Its just a pain failing a safe driver and stuff. I just dont agree with the way they work. Anyways keep me updated since im just in my room all depressed and **** and sicth form starts back up on the 4th so im just like shiiiit man...keep going though we should find something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea man youre not too far away from where i live... Its just a pain failing a safe driver and stuff. I just dont agree with the way they work. Anyways keep me updated since im just in my room all depressed and **** and sicth form starts back up on the 4th so im just like shiiiit man...keep going though we should find something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel your pain! I was driving so safe and keeping to the speed limits but apparently minor mistakes cost you the whole test :/ the depressions kicking in since I'm starting A2 next week aswell :frown:
I failed my first test yesterday... 2 serious, 1 dangerous and 3 minors. First serious was because I got confused when I was asked to turn right at the lights- where I was going into was divided by pavement, so people went in on one side and went out on the other, there were no cars waiting, and Id just been through two similar junctions whrre you turned into the lane after the pavement so I signalled, and went past the first (which was correct in this instance) glanced down the second, realised I should have gone into the earler one, cancelled my singal, checked my mirrors and carried on as it was too late to safely turn but I got a serious because I confused other drivers with my signalling.

Second serious was because after doing my parallel park, I was ready to move off, I checked my blind spot and mirrors, and slowly began to move out, I had moved all of 6 inches when a car turned into the road so I signalled to show him I was waiting to move out but as he was so close, I stopped and let him go through as I didnt want to slow him down. But I was apparently an obstruction (by less than 6 inches) so I got a serious.

My dangerous was because my examiner asked me to pull pver- which I did safely, then she asked me to move off and I checked my mirrors, nobody was there so I started to move off, then a taxi turned into the road so I indicated right and again let him pass before moving off safely behind him. I got the dangerous because I should have stopped, the signalled, then moved off apparently.

Everyone just thinks I had a really harsh examiner :frown:

Oh and my minors were: gears, hesitancy and observation (didnt check my right blind spot after emergency stop)
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending