The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Yeah, I got the book earlier too... So that would make it two copies then... Hmm.
Reply 281
life_rockz
Yeah I did the UCAS one too.

Nutter darling, it most definitely does not. Especially when it makes perfectly sane people join perfectly good words together with extra vowels and zs where they don't exist.

:p:

You know you like it! :hubba: :wink:
Reply 282
sangoire
So only me, Fa|ique and life_rockz are going for the pre-departure briefing, eh. Oh I've already got Cooking to a Degree courtesy of my paranoid mother - she's highly sceptical of my cooking skills. :p:

i'm going too... and i need to learn how to cook.
Reply 283
myriadguy
i'm going too... and i need to learn how to cook.

Are you going on any scholarship or based on private financing? Congrats on the Medicine offer by the way. I know of several Singaporean medics now going to study in the UK (or have at least received offers) in 2006 (Edinburgh, UCL, Cambridge etc.). Outstanding.
Reply 284
I know how to cook, but don't plan to. My accomodation would be fully catered. I need to focus on getting a first in Law, not whether I have enough cash to go down to Waitrose or whether there's any halal butchers nearby...
I can...fry an egg. Erm, toast bread? Okay, I do spaghetti.

Thank God there's hall food :p:
Reply 286
life_rockz

Val, you'll definitely need to let me try some of that spaghetti. Try to remember not to forget the salt though! :p:

Oh, and with some tobasco as well please! :biggrin:
Reply 287
life_rockz

Delivery services provided? :biggrin:
Knogle and Nutter: That was an example of my DEARTH of cooking knowledge. Are you SURE you want some?! :p:
Reply 289
life_rockz
Knogle and Nutter: That was an example of my DEARTH of cooking knowledge. Are you SURE you want some?! :p:

I don't think it can get as bad as field rations, so yes, I probably will be able to handle it! :wink:
Reply 290
Nutter
I don't think it can get as bad as field rations, so yes, I probably will be able to handle it! :wink:

You'd be surprised. :evilb:
Reply 291
Only one way to find out - try it!
Reply 292
life_rocks: hey, i know how to fry a egg too! oh wait. thats all i know, other than instant noodles.

nutter: no... private financing. freaking expensive! :frown:

i wished term will start sooner... 30th sep is such a long way ago...
Reply 293
myriadguy
life_rocks: hey, i know how to fry a egg too! oh wait. thats all i know, other than instant noodles.

nutter: no... private financing. freaking expensive! :frown:

i wished term will start sooner... 30th sep is such a long way ago...

Bleh, I have a good 9 months between the time I ORD and head to university.

But I get that gives me good time for travelling and maybe 3 internships. :biggrin:
Reply 294
I have, like 3 days from my early ORD to my flight...
Reply 295
Oh, you're still serving your NS?
Reply 296

Yeah, thought you knew that...
Reply 297
when are u guys going over? have u got the confirmation letters?
Reply 298
I'm waiting for my official confirmation letter stating fees and everything so I can apply for my visa. I've got the letter from UCAS but I need one from Warwick. Term starts 2nd October but there's orientation, so I'll probably be there from 26 September. Oh and I can't cook either :frown: though I maintain that it's because I'm too lazy to. But that'll all change when I'm at Warwick - all halls are self-catered. :eek:
Reply 299
I'll probably be applying for my visa next week. Still waiting on Notts to provide the accommodation allocation...

sangoire, are you planning to practise law in Singapore? I didn't know that the Law & Business degree in Warwick was recognised for admission to the Singapore Bar...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending