The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlock5545
That was low. I'm sorry for that, I can't believe how low some people can get just because of money.

What did your instructor say, the one who got their car fixed?

I'm not sure you can do anything about it now.

I didnt tell him about the situation. I was scared. I just told him I have to cancel my test today because I just have checked my bank account and have no money and need to pay my phone bill on wednesday he said okay.
Just had my first practical driving test today afternoon and failed with 6 minors and 1 stupid major.

I was proceeding to turn right at T junction moving onto a single carriageway, obviously I had to give way to the traffic in the opposite direction heading straight... so I patiently anticipated a safe gap, a bus was approaching, but very slowly and I felt that this was a safe time for me to turn right and make my way onto the carriageway.. as I turned the bus began to speed up ultimately leading to me failing the test as I had to brake harshly to allow that bastard to go pass, me and the examiner both pressed the brake at the same time so I thought this would only be a minor.. :frown:

I tried explaining the situation to the examiner when she told me I had failed at the exam centre, she said even though I applied the brake, the bus driver could have still swerved and hit the car...... sooo annoying -.-

My advice: Be careful of other idiot drivers on the road which will make you fail.

what was even worse was that the bus driver swore at me when he was going past, ****ing ******* munching cum chuggler.

PS : this was like 5 minutes before the test finished :frown:
Original post by komalshari
I feel your pain! I was driving so safe and keeping to the speed limits but apparently minor mistakes cost you the whole test :/ the depressions kicking in since I'm starting A2 next week aswell :frown:

Streesss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have my second one a week Thursday. CBA.
Failed my first test on Friday - really really annoying as I only picked up 4 minors and the single major in what I thought was a pretty damn good drive!

Major was on speed heading in to a junction - apparently I was too fast going in to a tight left turn. Made much more annoying by the fact that I literally don't even remember the junction at all!

I'd had parallel parking go ok despite me being a little unconfident with that maneuver, I had emergency stop go well despite only having done it that morning, I even did my personal "Roundabouts of Death" (ie 6 major roundabouts in a row, none of which follow the typical rules of roundabouts!) without a hitch so it was really annoying to fail on something that seemed so minor!

And it's gonna be an absolute pain resitting from here as I'm now back at Uni and on placement Mon-Fri with the test centre not opening on weekends :frown:

Ah well, all the best drivers pass second time! :wink:
I failed my first test on the 4th September and i'm still absolutely gutted, got 8 minors and 2 serious faults. If you google '8 minors and 2 serious' it seems that's a really common outcome of a failed test.

Anyway test day arrives and i do the usual practice driving before my 11:19 appointment. I drove really nice went over the show me tell me nonsense (it's not like I'll own the same car if I pass) I did my reverse park, bay park and corner reverse all better than on my normal weekly lessons so I was in a fairly happy mood.

Upon entering the waiting room my whole mood changed from being relaxed to talking absolute nonsense to pass the ten minutes or so time. (My next test i'll be arriving one or two minute before my time and no more, lesson learned)

So I head to the car not feeling my normal self, do the number plate thing, pop the bonnet, then the show me tell me part comes, all goes ok then the driving starts.

Out of the blue my flipping leg develops this twinge or annoying twitch and all I keep thinking about is holy fcuk i'm on my test, RELAX BE COOL

I failed basically because when it came to do the corner reverse I went so far away from the actual turn itself even I couldn't believe what the hell I was thinking. Also he asked me to turn right and I went in the slot for the oncoming traffic to turn in. Other than that I got myself and a stranger safely from and back to the test centre.

Delusion set in on arrival back at the test centre as I fully expected to pass, how wrong was I.

Funny thing is I had the easiest route ever for a test around Birmingham but stupid mistakes and extreme nerves got the better of me, I don't know why but now it's all I can think about.

Now i've got to wait 6 weeks till my second test on Oct 16th. I'm not having anymore lessons till October as I feel it wouldn't help me for the actual test, thoughts?
(edited 9 years ago)
Have some lessons a few days before the next test. Six weeks is quite a long wait, you may end up feeling unprepared if you don't drive at all before then.
I failed today.. First test.
At the very beginning at the test centre, as I was about to pull out, I done my mirror checks and went to pull out.. All of a sudden the car that was parked behind me pulled out the same time and I applied the breaks BUT my examiner slammed the breaks on anyway..

I was so frustrated! I finished with 1 major and 1 minor. Minor was for mirror checking at the lights.
So angry because he didn't NEED to press the breaks, I was about to do it, and had enough time too!
Original post by kaylfre
I failed today.. First test.
At the very beginning at the test centre, as I was about to pull out, I done my mirror checks and went to pull out.. All of a sudden the car that was parked behind me pulled out the same time and I applied the breaks BUT my examiner slammed the breaks on anyway..

I was so frustrated! I finished with 1 major and 1 minor. Minor was for mirror checking at the lights.
So angry because he didn't NEED to press the breaks, I was about to do it, and had enough time too!

Oh this is so stupid.... I just hate that system here, sometime examiners do have to think, not only apply whatever they have on their paper......if you know what i mean! In this case he just should say whatever and let you pass.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
what majors can one get from gears? Also is it a minor if your car judders a few times?
just failed, over steering too late and causing a car to swerve a bit. Gutted doesn't even cut it on how I feel!
Original post by .Levels
I failed my first test on the 4th September and i'm still absolutely gutted, got 8 minors and 2 serious faults. If you google '8 minors and 2 serious' it seems that's a really common outcome of a failed test.

Anyway test day arrives and i do the usual practice driving before my 11:19 appointment. I drove really nice went over the show me tell me nonsense (it's not like I'll own the same car if I pass) I did my reverse park, bay park and corner reverse all better than on my normal weekly lessons so I was in a fairly happy mood.

Upon entering the waiting room my whole mood changed from being relaxed to talking absolute nonsense to pass the ten minutes or so time. (My next test i'll be arriving one or two minute before my time and no more, lesson learned)

So I head to the car not feeling my normal self, do the number plate thing, pop the bonnet, then the show me tell me part comes, all goes ok then the driving starts.

Out of the blue my flipping leg develops this twinge or annoying twitch and all I keep thinking about is holy fcuk i'm on my test, RELAX BE COOL

I failed basically because when it came to do the corner reverse I went so far away from the actual turn itself even I couldn't believe what the hell I was thinking. Also he asked me to turn right and I went in the slot for the oncoming traffic to turn in. Other than that I got myself and a stranger safely from and back to the test centre.

Delusion set in on arrival back at the test centre as I fully expected to pass, how wrong was I.

Funny thing is I had the easiest route ever for a test around Birmingham but stupid mistakes and extreme nerves got the better of me, I don't know why but now it's all I can think about.

Now i've got to wait 6 weeks till my second test on Oct 16th. I'm not having anymore lessons till October as I feel it wouldn't help me for the actual test, thoughts?

i definitely would recommend having lessons before your test, i really don't think not having any will benefit you at all
Original post by bobbieare
i definitely would recommend having lessons before your test, i really don't think not having any will benefit you at all

Hey thx for reading. My next test is on the 16th Oct, I will have a few refreshers when were in that month mainly because I feel having more in Sept will not help me be anymore test ready.

Throughout my many lessons i've always drove well, I just need to do everything I did on my first test again better and at least I know what to expect now.

I know i'll probably get a harder route next time but what can yo do.
Original post by sherlock5545
Have some lessons a few days before the next test. Six weeks is quite a long wait, you may end up feeling unprepared if you don't drive at all before then.

I will at the start of October.
1h on 1st
1h on 6th
1h on 10th
1h on 14th
1h on Test day 16th

Having more lessons now wouldn't be worth it, plus i've spent so much on driving lately i need to recoup.

*Wow lots of people booked tests 2day, there were tests available on Monday 13th Oct earlier now nothing till 20th.

Also knowing you'll have to wait 6 to 7 weeks if you fail again SUCKS :mad:
So happy i passed this morning (second attempt) the only thing i can say is keep looking! I found a cancellation on the 11th day i failed so **** you November 18th!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mizan_K97
So happy i passed this morning (second attempt) the only thing i can say is keep looking! I found a cancellation on the 11th day i failed so **** you November 18th!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

*from the 11th day

Posted from TSR Mobile
I failed my test today with two minors and one major, the major was because a boy walked out between cars in front of me and I had to stop suddenly, the examiner said I should have seen him early and apparently it was obvious he was going to walk into the road without looking, I thought at the time because I stopped safeley and let him cross that it may be a minor, I am gutted because it it wasn't for that boy not looking I would have easily passed with two minors!
I failed for the second time on the 4th.

First time failing was for driving too close to a bicycle. The guy literally cut across traffic and was riding next to me and I freaked out and didn't know what to do so I just carried on with my speed (about 20mph) instead of slowing down.

Second time I failed was just a massive mess. I'd gotten my car on the 1st September brand new so I hadn't gotten used to the car. It was a lot smaller than what I was used to and I just kept stalling in it at every possible moment. In the end, I failed for hesitation, observation, and I just messed up my reverse around the corner majorly as I forgot I was in a smaller car and didn't need to turn the wheel as much. I definitely was not ready for that test, I don't think 3 days was enough to practise in my new car.

Booked my next test 4th November but hopefully there will be cancellations for mid-October and I can take it at the Greenford test centre. Third time lucky?!
Ive got my third test on Monday and I'm so nervous. My first test I failed with 1 serious and 7 minors and my second I failed with 1 serious and 3 minors.

What makes it worse is that its my last chance at my test before I go to uni and if I fail this one then I won't be able to take another for at least until Christmas, by which time I'll be too out of practice :frown:
Original post by Bloxorus
Ive got my third test on Monday and I'm so nervous. My first test I failed with 1 serious and 7 minors and my second I failed with 1 serious and 3 minors.

What makes it worse is that its my last chance at my test before I go to uni and if I fail this one then I won't be able to take another for at least until Christmas, by which time I'll be too out of practice :frown:

Good luck!!