The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oooooooooooooooo a wrestling thread :biggrin:

DX will be good

Cena could be turning heel , and actually be interesting, he was a terrible face :frown:

the new Kane is crap , he should be scrapped as soon as possible

not excited about Batista's return , he has no charisma :frown:

we must keep this thread alive!
Reply 21
Agreed we have got to keep this thread alive, so just post anything you want about wrestling.
Reply 22
bengal_tiger
oooooooooooooooo a wrestling thread :biggrin:

DX will be good

Cena could be turning heel , and actually be interesting, he was a terrible face :frown:

the new Kane is crap , he should be scrapped as soon as possible

not excited about Batista's return , he has no charisma :frown:

we must keep this thread alive!

Yep i agree about Batista but Smackdown really needs some star power at the moment so his return can only be a good thing considering the state of smackdown

I also believe Cena will turn heel at Vengeance by destroying Sabu and maybe aligning with the McMahons.

The Kane storylines a bit strange but I hope that there will be a Kane vs Kane match and the loser quits. Only because I prefer the masked Kane to the big baby Kane we have at the moment.
smackdown has no one

Benoit's injured, JBL is not a wrestler at the moment, Kurt angle left for ECW:confused: Orton has gone to RAW. Undertaker is never there

but they do have Mark Henry and the great Khali :redface: , I just hope Batista comes back and removes Henry, sure it would be the worst match of the year, but I could spend the match pointing and laughing :rolleyes:
about Kane i took this from a wrestling forum

Kane, 39, has expressed to WWE management that he plans on retiring soon, perhaps as early as January 2007. Kane told management that he has accomplished all he can in his career. Should Kane retire, it won't affect his See No Evil film deal as he signed a contract for a sequel to the movie.

One source within WWE said, "Kane is the most respected guy in the Raw locker room. He carries himself very professionally and it would be ashame to end his career without a decent title run." Kane has stated several times that his 24 hour title reign in 1998 does not bother him, however, many within WWE (including Vince McMahon) feels as though that Kane has been bothered that he has not gotten another title reign in his career. Even though he's technically on RAW, there was some thought to giving him a title win at Judgment Day or No Way Out, but those plans were nixed. Another source said that when Kane was asked about a possible future title reign he said, "It's time for the younger guys to shine."

Before his departure, Kane would like to be involved with Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton and John Cena. He would also like to reunite with The Undertaker as a tag team. Additionally, The Undertaker has expressed to management that Kane could possibly be the one to end his undefeated Wrestlemania streak. However, Kane turned down the idea, seeing as it would take credibility away from Taker's legacy.

It's such a shame; the WWF have managed to slowly kill his character. When he first entered he was a monster that no one could stop. His 24 hour title reign was criminally short :mad: . When he wore the mask and had to speak with the viocebox he was genuinely intimidating.

It is understandable that he got rid of the mask, he complained that he couldnt breathe properly in it , but still it took away the mysterious element of hiis character. He was suppose to have severe burn scars hence the mask , but they arnt there :mad:

OH well , im hoping for a proper Kane title reign
Reply 25
Kane was the **** at the beginning.

I still remember him making his appearence at the Hell In The Cell match with Shawn Michaels and Taker (Bad Blodd I think), Him ripping off the cage door was sight to remember!

The hype surrounding him beforehand was wicked. Oh yeah, and when he burnt Taker in the Casket!

Ahh the good old days! He aint the same to me without the mask.
Reply 26
:eek:

I havent watched wrestling for about a month, I always miss it, I used to watch religiously.

When is it on?
Reply 27
Almost all the time on Sky.

Dont know specific times though but youve missed a lot including the reformation of DX and a new show (ECW) being launched.

Hmmm seems to be a good time to start watching again
rico dan man
well degeneration x is unlikely to have x pac, billy gunn hates triple h and road dogg because of his drug problems

Gunn hates Road Dogg? They're hiding that pretty well in TNA!
Reply 29
It clearly says Gunn hates Triple H.

ECW was decent. Not as good as I expected. Didnt expect the stripshow! Felt it was totally not needed. If they wanted to have an adult feel, should have been more blood and regular ECW. If it was the original EC f'n Dub, that chick would have gone through a table! And what the **** was up with all the old highlights and reruns.
Well to me it looks like it says Gunn hates HHH and Road Dogg.

ECW's a good idea, but it won't work. It isn't being filmed in front of an ECW audience, instead it's filmed in front of a Smackdown audience full of kids. They won't be able to do half the stuff they used to do because of that, and there'll be no traditional ECW chants. If it takes off, hopefully they'll start doing the shows in smaller venues in front of adult audiences.
Reply 31
Yep ECW wont work until Vince Macmahon gives full control of it to Paul Heyman and he allows him to book venues and matches
Reply 32
LuckyMan
Almost all the time on Sky.

Dont know specific times though but youve missed a lot including the reformation of DX and a new show (ECW) being launched.

Hmmm seems to be a good time to start watching again

I read the results, I know whats happening, basically when Austin left my heart left, then Bischoff went so... :rolleyes:
uzi123
Kane was the **** at the beginning.

I still remember him making his appearence at the Hell In The Cell match with Shawn Michaels and Taker (Bad Blodd I think), Him ripping off the cage door was sight to remember!

The hype surrounding him beforehand was wicked. Oh yeah, and when he burnt Taker in the Casket!

Ahh the good old days! He aint the same to me without the mask.

the match with the undertaker at wrestlemania 14 :biggrin: , was great , 4 tombstones in the match .

the match at wrestlemania 20 was shockingly bad though:mad:

ECW one night stand was quite good, although the ECW fans are idiots, they were doing the "same old ****" chants at Cena when he was using different moves then normal . Cena made me laugh when he threw his shirt back into the audience. Cena may be getting interesting again

Edge for the win at Vengeance!!!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that Kurt at ECW is a bad idea? I miss the Kurt from 2000 where he just kept going on about his olympic gold, the way he beat the "Undertaker" at Survivor series 2000 was genius :biggrin:

its not called the Angle slam , its the Olympic slam:frown:
Reply 34
Yeah it was pretty daft that they directing the "same old ****" chants at Cena even though he has a bigger move set that RVD

The RATED R SUPERSTAR all the way :adore:
bengal_tiger
although the ECW fans are idiots, they were doing the "same old ****" chants at Cena when he was using different moves then normal

And cheered when RVD did his split-legged moonsault, rolling thunder, spin kick...:laugh:
sorry i worded it wrong billy gunn hates triple h because of triple h's back stage politics and road dogg is unlikely to return to wwe because of his frequent drug problem.
Vengeance is shaping up nicely;

Edge will beat RVD:biggrin:

Cena will have a good match with Sabu

im unsure about kane vs kane and mick foley vs ric flair, ric flair is past it and can foley wrestle in a non hardcore match?

carlito should win the intercontinental title

and DX they have been hilarious on RAw so :biggrin:

Vengeance looks promising
Reply 38
Is anyone gonna be paying £14.95 for Vengeance?

Coz the amount of tiem I spend forwarding Rasw & Smackdown makes it seem not worth it.

Rip Off!
I was a huge wrestling fan until earlier this year when I completely gave up on it. Now I only keep up to date by checking the WWE website and watching some highlights.

The ECW seems a desperate attempt to create a storyline and some extra revenue. They did the alliance thing a couple of years ago and even then it wasn't great because they didn't use the nWo, Sting, Goldberg etc.

The DX angle makes no sense either. HHH and HBK have had a rivalry on screen for a few years now and suddenly they are best friends again? I liked what happened on RAW last week but nothing seems even half beliveable any more.

And a question: does anybody actually watch Smackdown anymore? It's gone way downhill in recent months.

Latest