The Student Room Group

would you use a swimming pool where someone has drowned?

Poll

Would you swim in a pool where someone has drowned?

would you?
it seems like the only option for me is my local leisure centre but someone drowned there a few months ago.

would you mind?

Edit: bearing in mind that this wasn't due to any neglect on behalf on the centre.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't really mind. Sure, I'd think about it at first, but then it just becomes another thought like any other. I'm perfectly confident with my swimming skills, so security from a lifeguard in said pool wouldn't be an issue, and I'm fine with swimming in the same pool where someone might have died.
Original post by VinnicombeDmv
I wouldn't really mind. Sure, I'd think about it at first, but then it just becomes another thought like any other. I'm perfectly confident with my swimming skills, so security from a lifeguard in said pool wouldn't be an issue, and I'm fine with swimming in the same pool where someone might have died.

it's not so much a question of being scared for your safety...just the thought that a dead body has been in there.
Reply 3
Natural selection isn't it.
Original post by sherlockfan
it's not so much a question of being scared for your safety...just the thought that a dead body has been in there.

I thought that was the focus of the question, so I address that bit first in my reply. I only added the latter just to be thorough.
Reply 5
Original post by sherlockfan

Someone has probably died in your house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yes, as long as the body had been removed.
Are you sure? As far as I am aware no one has drowned in a Lifeguarded swimming pool in the UK in the last 18 months or so, maybe longer (Can't find a source but it is something that was mentioned a fair bit at the Royal Lifesaving Society Branch Conference in May).
Original post by Juno
Someone has probably died in your house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for mentioning that just as I am about to go to bed..lol.
Original post by WelshBluebird
Are you sure? As far as I am aware no one has drowned in a Lifeguarded swimming pool in the UK in the last 18 months or so, maybe longer (Can't find a source but it is something that was mentioned a fair bit at the Royal Lifesaving Society Branch Conference in May).

Yup, it happened in March.
Would you drive there via a road on which somebody died?
Yeah of course I would, why not? People have died most places!
Reply 12
Yeah, I'd just make sure to swim around the body.

Quick Reply

Latest