The Student Room Group

[URGENT] Applying for Visa inside of UK

Hello everyone,

I finished my A-level this June and I am going to Warwick at the end of this month, and to do so I need to get a new visa. I am from Hong Kong and I originally applied from here and my appointment to provide my biometrics is on the 11th, and only recently have I realised that I need to do a TB screening before that, and when I phone up the approved clinics they all said I won't be able to be tested until after the 11th. Since my old visa hasn't expired yet, I am thinking about entering the UK and apply when I get there instead.

I found out on the official site that there are things so called premium service centres (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/overview) where I can get a visa quickly. I would like to ask if I can apply for a Tier 4 General Student Visa in these centres, and also if anyone did this before and how long will it take.
Reply 1
Original post by ctcmichael
Hello everyone,

I finished my A-level this June and I am going to Warwick at the end of this month, and to do so I need to get a new visa. I am from Hong Kong and I originally applied from here and my appointment to provide my biometrics is on the 11th, and only recently have I realised that I need to do a TB screening before that, and when I phone up the approved clinics they all said I won't be able to be tested until after the 11th. Since my old visa hasn't expired yet, I am thinking about entering the UK and apply when I get there instead.

I found out on the official site that there are things so called premium service centres (https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres/overview) where I can get a visa quickly. I would like to ask if I can apply for a Tier 4 General Student Visa in these centres, and also if anyone did this before and how long will it take.

Hi, I've got one friend who just extend his tier 4 student visa using premium service. It's a one day service, so it takes only one day to know if your application is successful or not. And after that, they will give u all of your supported documents along with your passport so you can take it home on the same day. You should be able to receive your biometric card by post in the next 5-10 working days. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending