The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

FFS Tak3n is actually a thing. I thought it was a joke.
The dog, they are going to kidnap the dog!
Reply 9302
Revenge of the Green Dragons apparently coming out soon, directed by Andrew Lau (Infernal Affairs) and produced by Scorsese. :holmes:
Just watched Star Trek: First Contact.

Oooh Data, what a hero.
Zombieland 2 is still going ahead apparently, I assumed Sony had given up on the idea of a sequel ages ago. Hope Jesse Eisenberg returns.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/zombieland-2-gets-a-new-writer
Just finished watching Flightplan. I enjoyed it. Got to love a good thriller. Expected that the stewardess was involved but not that the air marshall was.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Going to try and watch Silence of the Lambs and Flightplan soon. Old movies but still never seen them.
I love that film, really good one.
Just finished watching Flightplan. I enjoyed it. Got to love a good thriller. Expected that the stewardess was involved but not that the air marshall was.

Good film. Probably best not to post spoilers though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just watched Star Trek: First Contact.

Oooh Data, what a hero.

The Star Trek TNG films are so disappointing.
[video="youtube;ahUSiynvRlc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahUSiynvRlc[/video]

I for one am pumped and cannot wait to see this movie, if anything the music in that trailer alone is just addictive. I am a bit of a Hans Zimmer 'fan boy' when it comes to soundtracks, but then again who isn't. I am not the classic 'Nolan' fan boy however i do enjoy his movies e.g. Inception, Dark Knight Trilogy.

And FYI, before somebody jumps on my back, i know that the music in the trailer is not Zimmers' however from the articles i have read, he has been asked to create something unique and different to what we are currently seeing in new movies, and for that i am excited.
(edited 9 years ago)
Excited for Interstellar, 71, Fury and Annabelle this autumn.
Excited for Interstellar and The Judge and am curious about Hobbit 3.

Only curious for The Hobbit to see whether Peter Jackson has a trick up his sleeve and left the best to last, as thus far i have been far from impressed with the CGI that is coming from such a high budget film.
(edited 9 years ago)
Got a ticket for an advanced showing of The Imitation Game on Wednesday. Haven't looked up the film so hopefully will be pleasantly surprised. Last time I got tickets like this was for the Book Thief and I loved it.
Original post by Mackay
Excited for Interstellar, 71, Fury and Annabelle this autumn.

Looking forward to seeing this film too
Original post by scjman
Looking forward to seeing this film too

Jack O'Connell impresses me in anything he's in.
Original post by Mackay
Jack O'Connell impresses me in anything he's in.

I can't say I've seen him in anything else, so I can't really comment. Heard he's good in 71 though
Original post by scjman
I can't say I've seen him in anything else, so I can't really comment. Heard he's good in 71 though

Check out Starred Up. Best British film I've seen in years.
Just watched Silence of the Lambs. Terrific.
Just seen an advanced screening on The Imitation Game. I loved it. Cumberbatch and Knightley protray their characters well and it keeps you engaged until the very end. I could easily go and watch it again when it comes out.
That American Sniper looks ace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending