The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

PGDE 2015 intake

Hey, im looking to apply to Glasgow Uni to do the pgde in secondary modern studies, just wanted to know if anyone else was applying for a pgde. Thanks! x

Scroll to see replies

Hiya Lauren,
I am applying for a primary PGDE at Glasgow, currently studying undergrad education at Durham! Do you know what is going on with the UCAS application process, apparently for Scottish universities we have to apply through undergrad, do you know if that is right? x
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm planning on applying for the 2015 intake for Primary as well . I've emailed administration to ask what the procedure is because I'm slightly confused .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi! I'm also applying for PGDE Primary at Glasgow, Strathclyde and UWS. I spoke to UCAS and they said that you definitely need to apply through undergrad. I've been through the part on UCAS where you add options and it let me add it in okay.

Hope this helps!

Samantha
Reply 4
I was going to start a Facebook group is that's something that would benefit everyone ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hello all! Thanks for the replies. I was beginning to think I was the only one applying! Very odd that it's done thru the undergraduate cycle but hey ho, iv half done it, just need to write my personal statement then I'm done! I'm keen for a fb page just lemme know!! Would be good to meet people especially if we will be at the same uni! Xx
Hey!
I applied last week for PGDE secondary in Biology :smile: How exciting! Good luck to everyone! x
Reply 7
Oh how exciting! I can't apply til after the school hols coz that's wen I start my classroom observations! It's been hard to organise childcare coz I'm a fulltime mum! So il apply after iv been in at least 2 days, altho I do plan on staying on till the summer. I just want this application sent off! Everything's finished just need to add my experience to the personal statement. I emailed Glasgow an they only take between 8-10 students for the pgde!!!!
Is there anyone else applying for modern studies?
xxx
Original post by PKMilwain
I was going to start a Facebook group is that's something that would benefit everyone ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Facebook group might be of benefit to myself, always a good idea for us to support each other as we make our teacher training applications. Like the rest of you, I am looking to apply to Scottish institutions. :smile:
Reply 9
Anyone wanting to be included in the PGDE Facebook page leave me your name so I can add you to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Samantha Kelly
Reply 11
Lauren Davie
Reply 12
Skye Clark
Sophie Anderson
Shannon Richardson
Reply 15
Is someone making a facebook group or will I make one?
Reply 16
Also, who is everyone using as a reference? Employer or am I best to get a character ref?
Reply 17
I'm using a uni tutor even tho I left in 2010 but thats still allowed. Xx
Reply 18
Guys,
does anyone know for certain the deadline date for applications?

I have applied previous years and it has always been the end of November/ start of December. I asked UCAS and they said the standard deadline for MOST PGDE courses is the 15th January.

I'm a bit concerned as I will be submitting my application once my reference completes it.
Reply 19
January 15th apparently. I might contact UCAS directly about the specific courses though. Now I'm worried haha!

Quick Reply

Latest