The Student Room Group

The Literary Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Yes, House is that doctor thing :biggrin:. What a fantastic programme!
Reply 2041
Thanks Craghyrax! :biggrin: It was ok after all!! :smile: you had an exam today didn't you? how was it?

Like the CD Arjun?
Oh my soul.. That was such a hard exam! *sobs* Trying to erase it from my mind.. that was nasty
Def the hardest Bio exam I've ever done in my life.. but hey.. A2 Bio is over now...
Reply 2043
Hey you two. I didn't get a chance to come online yesterday - was up at half six, spent the day at school with Greg to revise, had the exam, came home, went straight to Helen's, got ready, went to prom, came back, and slept.

That was my day: the condensced version.

Sorry to hear your exam was so bad, Craghyrax :frown:. I'm sure you've done well, though... as my teacher said, the harder you found it, the better you've done.

It's a twisted logic, I'll admit, but if I put my belief in it, it means I've done absolutely wonderful this month :p:. My synoptic could have been worse... guess what came up as the essay?

NITROGEN! I wrote five sides on it. My wrist still hurts lol. The question was:

"Describe how nitrogen-containing compounds are taken in, and metabolised by, animals and plants" or words to that effect. The other option was about polymers found in biology... but I didn't have as much to say about those!

In any case, the rest of the exams, question-wise, was... er... interesting. There were a couple of questions which stumped me a little bit, but I gave an answer to everything so we shall see. Like you, that's it for me and A2 bio!

Just chemistry to go, now...

And Steph: I haven't listened to the CD yet, but I'll let you know what I think of it when I do. Thanks very much for bringing it! Told you my methods work :ninja:.
Demon_AS
My synoptic could have been worse... guess what came up as the essay?

NITROGEN! I wrote five sides on it. My wrist still hurts lol.

:RESPECT:! That's ALOT to write on Nitrogen! I would have chosen the polymer question myself (but then I have just read my Biochem textbook for Monday...)

And Steph.. RumenReticulumOmasumAbomasum didn't come up for me either, after learning it inside and out :mad: ..
Reply 2045
I did mention the cow being a ruminant and thus having microorganisms to aid in cellulose digestion (who produce ammonia --ornithine--> urea ----> further metabolism) and I toyed with the idea of naming the four stomachs...

I didn't, though. Probably because, unlike you two, I didn't bother to memorise them :p:.
Demon_AS
I did mention the cow being a ruminant and thus having microorganisms to aid in cellulose digestion (who produce ammonia --ornithine--> urea ----> further metabolism) and I toyed with the idea of naming the four stomachs...

I didn't, though. Probably because, unlike you two, I didn't bother to memorise them :p:.

Don't forget the urea that cows include in their saliva to provide the bacteria with a source of nitrogen for protein synthesis!!!:biggrin:
I know we shouldn't be abusing this soc so, but its nice to have a chat about our subjects on a thread where 90% of the others don't know 80% more than you do about everything...lol
I've nearly finished this sci fi book by Ursula Le Guin. Its called 'Four ways to Forgiveness'. It confirms that I really enjoy Le Guin as an authoress, and I'd read more of her if the library made that an option...lol. Time to hit the charity shops!

Four ways to Forgiveness was a good deal more raunchy than Earthsea though...
Craghyrax
I've nearly finished this sci fi book by Ursula Le Guin. Its called 'Four ways to Forgiveness'. It confirms that I really enjoy Le Guin as an authoress, and I'd read more of her if the library made that an option...lol. Time to hit the charity shops!

Four ways to Forgiveness was a good deal more raunchy than Earthsea though...

Ooh- how was it more raunchy? Brief of the plot? Because it sounds interesting.
Reply 2050
OMG that synoptic paper was so great!! And I forced in the rumen and reticulum! :p: Sorry your exam was hard Craghyrax :hugs:
Reply 2051
Elements

Hi Elements! :hello:

What up? How's it going? You enjoying your "A2's" lol?
Steph!
OMG that synoptic paper was so great!! And I forced in the rumen and reticulum! :p: Sorry your exam was hard Craghyrax :hugs:

Ta
Glad the ruminates ended up some use to you...:rolleyes:
Elements

Synopsis is rather hard.. its four separate short stories, but all set on the same universe so that they compliment eachother and tie together eventually in terms of theme. Its just stories of diff characters' lives basically, and it really works.. very absorbing.. very well written. Romantic, all four. It is a bit obsessed with sensuality and sex though..:rolleyes: That's all.
Craghyrax
Synopsis is rather hard.. its four separate short stories, but all set on the same universe so that they compliment eachother and tie together eventually in terms of theme. Its just stories of diff characters' lives basically, and it really works.. very absorbing.. very well written. Romantic, all four. It is a bit obsessed with sensuality and sex though..:rolleyes: That's all.

:hmmmm: Sounds a little similar to one of my techniques in how some of my stories are but other than that I don't think that the plot is something that I'd enjoy. Thanks for the synopsis though!
kk :biggrin:
Elements
:hmmmm: Sounds a little similar to one of my techniques in how some of my stories are but other than that I don't think that the plot is something that I'd enjoy. Thanks for the synopsis though!

So what sort of books do you like reading then? Be more specific than just the genre please :cool:
Reply 2057
Sound interesting, doesn't it? lol
:hello:
Craghyrax
:hello:

:hello::p:

Quick Reply