The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Some nice posts guys.

Anyways what do you guys think of King Bookers new faction?? I personally think its a great idea and could become a new evolution (well sort of) with the individual members winning belts. I would love to see Kennedy join as he is now the most charismatic wrestler on Smackdown (however I prefer his old finisher, the green bay plunge I think, to the new one, the Kenton bomb)

BTW does anyone know what has happened to Chris Masters, Im strangely beginning to miss the big guy/ape. :frown:

Also heres a fun fact. Did you know that the ECW championship belt currently being used is one of the replica belts that are sold commercially. The original ECW title is still in the possession of the last champion and current TNA star Rhino. :p:

Finally has anyone here ever heard of CM Punk. Just that he has always been one of my fave wrestlers and he has now been signed by ECW which I thnk is great.
In addition what does everyone think about Test coming to ECW.
LuckyMan
BTW does anyone know what has happened to Chris Masters, Im strangely beginning to miss the big guy/ape. :frown:

As far as I know, Masters is in rehab after drug problems.
Yeah, Masters is in drug rehab due to personal substance abuse and from what I've read that means steroids and such.

I have heard a lot about CM Punk but have not ever seen him wrestle.A friend of mine who has says that he is a phenomenal talent and in ECW he should flourish.

King Booker's faction is great for Smackdown but regardng Mr.Kennedy joining, I wouldn't want that...enough members already, I feel he would get lost in the crowd.He is the freshest guy in the wrestling industry I feel at the moment but he needs a money feud soon, and his actual finisher back, though he used a non-top-rope version of it on this week's Smackdown.
Lashley-Booker in a cage should be good, though I'm not sure where the feud goes after that.

JBL on commentary is gold, pure gold.You feel he isn't afraid to say anything and he literally makes me laugh out loud.

Ryan
Reply 63
Everyone if you see any good links to wrestling clips or pictures post them and the best will be put on the first post on page 1. Think its a good idea???
I have put some up already just to get the ball rolling (thanx to rico dan man). Make sure you watch some of them especially the kurt angle one and the DX one below that, they are great

BTW this picture of Lashley and Regal is disturbing so I wasnt sure about putting on the first page but please take a look at it and tell me wot u think

:rofl:
LuckyMan
Everyone if you see any good links to wrestling clips or pictures post them and the best will be put on the first post on page 1. Think its a good idea???
I have put some up already just to get the ball rolling (thanx to rico dan man). Make sure you watch some of them especially the kurt angle one and the DX one below that, they are great

BTW this picture of Lashley and Regal is disturbing so I wasnt sure about putting on the first page but please take a look at it and tell me wot u think

:rofl:

noooooooooo how can they do this to regal, disgracing him like this, its just wrong.

Regal is a great wrestler , did anyone see his match with Benoit recently, now that was good ##
Reply 66
I always been a fan of Regals. In my opinion he is one of the most underated wrestlers in the WWE. That picture was funny though (and disturbing).
Check out the Kurt Angle video from the first post, its great
http://kmaster.pt.vu/

check out some fo the videos on this site , it has the kurt angle video plus others , including the Rock and Triple H battering John Cena

all in glorious cartoon :biggrin:
Reply 68
LuckyMan
Wrestlemania 20 was good especially the amazing triple threat match but the best ppv ever is definitely Wrestlemania 17:wink:

kurt angle vs. chris benoit
shane mcmahon vs. vince mcmahon
hardyz vs. dudleys vs. edge and christian (TLC match, one of the best ever matches!!!) :eek:
the rock vs. stone cold

I agree. WWE went downhill from there. It's crap now in comparison.
Reply 69
i wanna join!!!!!!!!!
hard core WWE fan!
Reply 70
whos this guy kane is afraid of?
Reply 71
AYAZ your in, read the first post and then start posting away

And remember to spread the word

BTW pg 3 has some quality posts so I recommend you read those as well
For you guys discussing the best ever PPV, I have to agree that Wrestlemania 17 was probably the best I have ever seen. However, my favourite and the one I have watched the most on tape has to be No Way Out 2003.

I have just looked up the match card for the event and admittedly it now looks crap. HHH vs. Steiner for the WWE Title? Damn. The two matches that I love to watch again was Austin's return against Eric Bischoff. I'd waited for that glass to smash for so long and it felt so good when it finally happened. The Rock vs. Hogan II was another classic moment in recent WWE history and although the ending may have sucked slightly, was a very good spectacle.

As for Vengeance tonight, I only envisage bad things!
Reply 73
I can just imagine some screwy ending for Vengeance tonight. Something like Edge winning the championship then Cena comes out, invokes his rematch clause and wins the title again. OMG that would suck badly
do you reckon spirit squad will beat DX???

i reckon even spirit squad will beat DX or DX will get 1,2 or 3 memebers that will join them tonight.
LuckyMan I hadn't even considered that, and it would be terrible if it were to happen. I hope RVD keeps the title, he's worked long and hard enough to get a respectable title reign.

And I don't think DX will gain any new members, as much as I hope the originals all quit TNA and re-sign with WWE, but it's so unlikely to happen. DX will probably win in completely unrealistic circumstances, but this is WWE in 2006, anything can happen.
Reply 77
watched wrestling for about 3 years (now think it's pretty crap to be honest). But this is a decent vid of the best match i saw. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFq4rK4do_s&search=tlc%20wrestlemania
Last night's PPV was pretty bad overall, with some good points though.

Angle/Orton was a solid match, knew Orton would get the return victory.
Eugene match complete filler, Armando Alejandro Estrada continues to impress on the mic, Umaga contines to be useless.
Flair/Foley a disaster, all hope diminished...though it was the match plan which sucked, hopefully we will get a rematch.
IC title match by far the best of the night, excellent promo by Carlito which really freshened up his character.Some great spots, my guy Nitro won!
WWE title match 2nd best of the night, some good spots though its position on the card was ridiculous, finish likewise--what the hell is the point in keeping the title on RVD...oh wait, so Cena (the man nobody knows how to react to) can take the title and become, yes, a 3-time champion.Great.
Kane/Kane match, risible.
Cena/Sabu too short, interesting ending and I'm sorry to say Cena was one of the few wrestlers who came out of Vengeance well (along with Carlito, HHH, HBK etc)
DX vs Cheerleaders had no momentum whatsover, ending was so obvious i.e. a DX victory.The only thing that would have made this PPV better was if the camera feed had continued so that we could see women flashing DX, I heard three did, including an imbibed mother with kids there!!

Anyway, I rate it as 3/10 (McMahon's antics are included...priceless).

In a sense, if Cena doesn't win on Raw I don't know wtf McMahon is thinking, I mean the WWE Title has to be on Raw and in WWE for flip's sake...we shall see.
deipnosophy
Eugene match complete filler, Armando Alejandro Estrada continues to impress on the mic, Umaga contines to be useless.

I'm guessing there'll be an Umaga/Kamala angle soon.

Latest