The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
34/50, with a few embarrassing ones missed out.

My answers (fails in red) - spoilers obviously

Not bad at all! Think I did well mainly because I have similar taste to Scamp (fella who made the quiz) so I had a high chance of seeing the shows he picked. Also there are a number with the title of the show in the lyrics.

My answers

Reply 8061
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Started watching The iDOLM@STER and I already love it. Idol shows seem to be my weakness. (I'm equal opportunities though; I loved Love Live! & Uta no Prince-sama so I don't discriminate based on gender of the idols. :tongue:)

I'm not a big idol person but I was impressed despite myself by The Idolmaster. It's not perfect but it's got some neatly-written episodes and some rather fine 2D animation in the concert scenes.
A good opening/ending song always makes anime better. I was watching Parasyte's and thinking it was good, and that it reminded me of another one from Hunter x Hunter. Turns out it's the same band :tongue:

The songs if anyone's interested:

Spoiler

I guess autotuned, Japanese screamo is my thing :colonhash:
Who has seen Tokyo Ghoul?
I have :biggrin:
Any recommendations for new anime?
And, who attended Comic Con on the 25th this month?
I missed it :frown:
I also missed my STEM Lecture which was today.
Original post by xDave-
A good opening/ending song always makes anime better. I was watching Parasyte's and thinking it was good, and that it reminded me of another one from Hunter x Hunter. Turns out it's the same band :tongue:

Ah yes, Fear, and Lothing in Las Vegas have been providing quite a few anime themes in recent years. I think the first time I heard them was in the OP for Kaiji 2, and they also did the second OP for Gokukoku no Brynhildr. :yes:

More Youtube vids

While I like the TV edit versions of all four, I'm not as keen on the extended versions of the three I've heard (haven't gotten hold of Parasyte's yet, if it's even out) - to me they all sounded like two or more completely different songs hashed into one. :redface:

Original post by inachigeek21
Who has seen Tokyo Ghoul?
I have :biggrin:
Any recommendations for new anime?

I have watched Tokyo Ghoul, as have a fair few others who post in this thread I'm certain. :yes: Am eagerly awaiting next year's sequel. :biggrin:

If you mean currently ongoing anime, excluding sequels to older shows I'd recommend Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Parasyte -the maxim- and/or Gugure! Kokkuri-san. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by QHF
I'm not a big idol person but I was impressed despite myself by The Idolmaster. It's not perfect but it's got some neatly-written episodes and some rather fine 2D animation in the concert scenes.

Yeah, I like the fact iDOLM@STER has 2D animation for the music performances. I feel Love Live! has better songs/characters but the 3D/CG models during the performances are pretty jarring.
I know this is earlier than last year, but I have a lot less time on my hands to organise everything now so I need to start now to match last years timetable.

I'm now running the TSR Anime Secret Santa! This works like a normal Secret Santa except you all pick 3 anime/manga choices that your user has not watched, for Christmas of course!

Please let me know if you would be interested ASAP. This is a provisional list and i'll set an official thread up in a week or two.

Roll Call:
nixonsjellybeans (Santa)
AngryJellyfish
eugenius 8
caraniel
Parz1val
Aiko
penguindrum
Bude8
The_Pudding_Earl

Hi

Original post by xDave-
Hi

Original post by QHF
Hi

Original post by caraniel

Hi

Original post by Abzey_97
Hi

Original post by eugenius 8
Hi

Original post by Keoje
Hi

Original post by Aiko
Hi

Original post by the north
Hi

Would all of you be interested in entering our annual anime Secret Santa ran by myself? Just quote me back if so!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Would all of you be interested in entering our annual anime Secret Santa ran by myself? Just quote me back if so!

Definitely! :excited:
Definitely! :excited:

Jolly good! I'll do things mostly the same but maybe try and make it a bit more fancy with one major change...

Santa (me) will no longer be a user who is entered directly into the SS draw. Its to make sure that everybody sends and receives a secret present rather somebody losing out on the fun because I put myself into the pot and I knew their choices for myself.

Instead i'm hoping all the secret santa people (or maybe a few select people/yourself) can get together and pick a present each for santa. That way I can still take part and nobody's fun is ruined.
Jolly good! I'll do things mostly the same but maybe try and make it a bit more fancy with one major change...

Santa (me) will no longer be a user who is entered directly into the SS draw. Its to make sure that everybody sends and receives a secret present rather somebody losing out on the fun because I put myself into the pot and I knew their choices for myself.

Instead i'm hoping all the secret santa people (or maybe a few select people/yourself) can get together and pick a present each for santa. That way I can still take part and nobody's fun is ruined.

Sounds good! And that way, if my victim recipient does a runner again, I can chase you for feedback instead. :evil: :p:
Sounds good! And that way, if my victim recipient does a runner again, I can chase you for feedback instead. :evil: :p:

Yeah you were unlucky last year. I'll keep an open eye when doing the randomising in case we have a user who isn't very active. I'm still recovering from Perfect Blue from last year so go easy :lol:
Yeah you were unlucky last year. I'll keep an open eye when doing the randomising in case we have a user who isn't very active. I'm still recovering from Perfect Blue from last year so go easy :lol:

Ahh screw it I'm in, I will make more of an effort this time round, sorry SS from last year! :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
I know this is earlier than last year, but I have a lot less time on my hands to organise everything now so I need to start now to match last years timetable.

I'm now running the TSR Anime Secret Santa! This works like a normal Secret Santa except you all pick 3 anime/manga choices that your user has not watched, for Christmas of course!

Please let me know if you would be interested ASAP. This is a provisional list and i'll set an official thread up in a week or two.

Roll Call:
nixonsjellybeans
AngryJellyfish

I'm in - already in pot for Reverse Thieves' Secret Santa, but can handle another one. Although I do feel sort of sorry for people who have to pick something I haven't seen.....

I'm a fair bit new to forums and whatnot but I'd certainly be up for this if you'd let me. I'm good friends with AngryJellyfish. I was the president of a University-based Anime Society until July & my anime-viewing has been poor since. I need a good punt up the backside to get going again!
Reply 8074

I'm in. :smile:

However, I should note that I'm on the brink of giving birth, so if I vanish temporarily, you'll know why. :redface:
Reply 8075
Yeah, I like the fact iDOLM@STER has 2D animation for the music performances. I feel Love Live! has better songs/characters but the 3D/CG models during the performances are pretty jarring.

Did the 3DCG for Love Live get better in the second season? I didn't see any of it apart from the sick but sadly rather short 2D concert scene for A-RISE's song 'Shocking Party', which a friend showed me.
Original post by QHF
Did the 3DCG for Love Live get better in the second season? I didn't see any of it apart from the sick but sadly rather short 2D concert scene for A-RISE's song 'Shocking Party', which a friend showed me.

I think it improves to an extent. If you compare this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxTx4UbD9vY) from season 1 to this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW01NiN5Z2U) from season 2, I think the one from season 2 looks a lot better. They use the 3DCG for the bigger group scenes and mix it with 2D closer shots. & although you can tell that the 3D is being used, it looks a lot less different to the 2D than it did in season 1.

Hopefully they can get the budget for total 2D animation by the time the movie goes into production. Season 2's first volume had the highest opening week sales for an anime show blu-ray ever so they should be able to. :tongue:
Original post by eugenius 8
Ahh screw it I'm in, I will make more of an effort this time round, sorry SS from last year! :colondollar:

Good chap! I enjoyed your choices actually :lol: Its not something i'd normally watch so it was indeed a surprise.

Original post by caraniel
I'm in - already in pot for Reverse Thieves' Secret Santa, but can handle another one. Although I do feel sort of sorry for people who have to pick something I haven't seen.....

Yay! Challenge accepted, last year we didn't have many problems around this. The back up plan was for me to provide guidance to the person who is stuck.

Original post by Parz1val
I'm a fair bit new to forums and whatnot but I'd certainly be up for this if you'd let me. I'm good friends with AngryJellyfish. I was the president of a University-based Anime Society until July & my anime-viewing has been poor since. I need a good punt up the backside to get going again!

No problem! All are welcome, in fact the more the better.

Original post by Aiko
I'm in. :smile:

However, I should note that I'm on the brink of giving birth, so if I vanish temporarily, you'll know why. :redface:

Thanking yous and understood.
Think I'll pass on this. Not in the anime mood lately :redface:

Thanks tho :tongue:
ive been in a manga mood lately and ive just read Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite aka About How I Die if I Lose My Virginity :awesome: a bit of drama and romance with a twist and i quite enjoyed it, ended wellish but would have been nice if they added a bit more to the end, something like "i want your babies" :sexface:

also read up to the latest chapter of Citrus :ninjagirl: pretty enjoyable and cute yuri/shoujo-ai but it seems to be missing something :hmmmm2:

i think fap note will be my next read :dice: i never did finish it :hmmmm:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending