The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well where im from 'pulled' means just snogging but it probably varies with area and who you speak to. when people start talking about people 'going with' another person then it gets complicated lol
Reply 2
It depends - varies between regions and social groups. For me and my friends, "pulling" is just kissing; at school we called that "getting off" but I wouldn't use that any more. I'm not sure what we'd call pulling someone and then having sex with them on the first night, because nearly all my friends are in relationships and so we don't do that!
Reply 3
Pulled just means snogged, thats what i would assume unless they said anything else.

Going on the pull though does not just mean snogging but it is assumed that is where it starts

Correct me if im wrong lol
Pulled is the past tense of the word pull, meaning to apply a force to an object to bring it closer to the source of force. Duh. :biggrin:

A few people I know use the slang to describe a one night stand situation, others take it to mean just kissing. That's why I hate slang. :p:
Reply 5
'pulled' used to mean 'slept with' to me.

that was until i went to uni in england, all changed then...
Reply 6
Pulled = snogged for me. But I said that to someone from up north and they took it to mean slept with, so things got a bit confusing.
Reply 7
As far as i always knew pulled means snogging (with tongues).

I always thought "getting off" meant shagging (or something sexual) because if you "got someone off" it means they orgasmed...

Hmz, slang is confusing.

My friends and i had great fun with a mate who speaks perfect English (but he's French) as he didn't know any slang cos all the English he knew was taught from his parents. Introducting him to Cockney Rhyming Slang was muchos enjoyable - he thought we were making it up and had to wikipedia it when he got home before he believed it.
Reply 8
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pull

I doubt you'll get a concrete answer on this.
Reply 9
bstasiad
As far as i always knew pulled means snogging (with tongues).

I always thought "getting off" meant shagging (or something sexual) because if you "got someone off" it means they orgasmed...

There's a difference between getting off, and getting someone off. Aren't colloquialisms marvellous? :wink:
Reply 10
I love our English slang :biggrin:... makes it so confusing for the foreigners :p:
Reply 11
For me it's always meant sleeping with someone (e.g. "get your coat love, you've pulled"). It seems it's been appropriated by younger people to mean snogging and it's seeping everwhere now!
Reply 12
Helenia
There's a difference between getting off, and getting someone off. Aren't colloquialisms marvellous? :wink:

Absolutely. A big difference between getting off with someone and getting someone off. Great fun :biggrin:
Reply 13
'pulled' always mean snog for me.

Since we're on that subject...if you pulled someone, does that mean they kissed you first or vice versa? (or does it not matter?) To me, if I 'pulled' someone, then that means they made the move on me (ie. i have seduced them to make them make the first move, therefore i have 'pulled' them)

My bf thinks that if i pulled someone, then i would have initiated the kiss. Yeah its all a bti complicated.:rolleyes:
Reply 14
Pulled = kissed no matter who initiated it to me.
Reply 15
Pulled = snogged.
^^^^^ditto in devon
Pulled = snogged.

You still say "snogged"? Bless.
black_mamba
Pulled is the past tense of the word pull, meaning to apply a force to an object to bring it closer to the source of force. Duh. :biggrin:

:p:

lol
Reply 19
brimstone
I love our English slang :biggrin:... makes it so confusing for the foreigners :p:

I know what you mean. When I talk to Americans over MSN and say "She was so fit", they ask "What, you mean like Arnold Schwarzenegger?"

Latest