The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

It looks like they started sending out offers so I thought I'd start this thread. I just got an unconditional offer for Economics and Mathematics!!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak2015
It looks like they started sending out offers so I thought I'd start this thread. I just got an unconditional offer for Economics and Mathematics!!! :smile:

Congrats! Do you think you'll firm?

I received my unconditional offer from Edinburgh last Friday to study International Relations:smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by nellybelly29
Congrats! Do you think you'll firm?

I received my unconditional offer from Edinburgh last Friday to study International Relations:smile:

Congratulations!! I'm not sure because it's the first offer I received and I want to see where else I could go. OMG YOU'RE FROM OHIO TOO?????? OMG OMG OMG YES GO OHIOANS!!!!! Where exactly are you from? I live in a suburb of Cleveland.
Original post by ak2015
Congratulations!! I'm not sure because it's the first offer I received and I want to see where else I could go. OMG YOU'RE FROM OHIO TOO?????? OMG OMG OMG YES GO OHIOANS!!!!! Where exactly are you from? I live in a suburb of Cleveland.

Thank you! I'm really excited because Edinburgh was my top choice. If you don't mind me asking, where else did you apply?

GO OHIO! Haha, I haven't met anyone else from Ohio on here. I'm from the southeastern part, around Athens. I visit Cleveland pretty often though, I have some good friends up there. I even applied to Case Western (although obviously I want to go to Edinburgh haha). Nice to finally meet someone else from Ohio!
Reply 4
Thank you! I'm really excited because Edinburgh was my top choice. If you don't mind me asking, where else did you apply?

GO OHIO! Haha, I haven't met anyone else from Ohio on here. I'm from the southeastern part, around Athens. I visit Cleveland pretty often though, I have some good friends up there. I even applied to Case Western (although obviously I want to go to Edinburgh haha). Nice to finally meet someone else from Ohio!

So you live near Ohio University, right? I applied to Case Western too! I actually worked in a research lab there for three years haha. I'm so happy for you!! :smile: In the UK I also applied to UCL, LSE, Durham, and Cambridge. I JUST got a letter in the mail saying I was invited for an interview at Cambridge so I'm over the moon right now!!
Original post by ak2015
So you live near Ohio University, right? I applied to Case Western too! I actually worked in a research lab there for three years haha. I'm so happy for you!! :smile: In the UK I also applied to UCL, LSE, Durham, and Cambridge. I JUST got a letter in the mail saying I was invited for an interview at Cambridge so I'm over the moon right now!!

Yeah I live right by OU! How cool! It's awesome to meet someone so close! CONGRATS!!!!! And interview with Cambridge...wow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Got a conditional offer for Chemistry...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah I live right by OU! How cool! It's awesome to meet someone so close! CONGRATS!!!!! And interview with Cambridge...wow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was the first person in my senior class to get accepted to college, which is exciting :smile:! It would be really cool if we both went to Edinburgh! If I go somewhere else in the UK we can still give each other moral support since we'll both be far from home haha
Original post by ak2015
I was the first person in my senior class to get accepted to college, which is exciting :smile:! It would be really cool if we both went to Edinburgh! If I go somewhere else in the UK we can still give each other moral support since we'll both be far from home haha

Haha same here! We definitely should keep in touch! You should private message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWV1007
Got a conditional offer for Chemistry...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too!

Where else have you applied to if you don't mind me asking? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWV1007
You too!

Where else have you applied to if you don't mind me asking? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Edinburgh and St. Andrews as my main choices (I received unconditionals from both). Since I had some spaces left on my UCAS I applied to LSE and King's. So far I was rejected from LSE (no surprise there, I don't have the qualifications) and I haven't heard from King's. But I'm firming for Edinburgh because it's the better option for me, even if I were to get into King's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Haha same here! We definitely should keep in touch! You should private message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of curiosity, why did you apply in the UK?
Original post by ak2015
Out of curiosity, why did you apply in the UK?

Well I've always been a bit of an anglophile, and I've been saying since I was in 6th grade that I wanted to study in the UK. Then the summer before high school I went to England with my mom, and we visited London and Oxford and I knew I had to go to school there. Eventually I decided that maybe Scotland was for me and I visited Edinburgh and St. Andrews two summers ago and I haven't looked back.

Plus, I want to be involved in international politics, law, and the like (I'm studying international relations) and I liked the idea of studying IR as an international student.

How about you?
Reply 14
Well I've always been a bit of an anglophile, and I've been saying since I was in 6th grade that I wanted to study in the UK. Then the summer before high school I went to England with my mom, and we visited London and Oxford and I knew I had to go to school there. Eventually I decided that maybe Scotland was for me and I visited Edinburgh and St. Andrews two summers ago and I haven't looked back.

Plus, I want to be involved in international politics, law, and the like (I'm studying international relations) and I liked the idea of studying IR as an international student.

How about you?

Me too! I've been obsessed with England since I was a little kid, much to my parents' confusion haha! After many years of longing to go there, I finally went to the UK over the summer with my family on vacation. We stayed in London and took a day trip to Oxford, but I ended up applying to Cambridge because I liked their economics course better. I want to go to university in the UK because I can focus on one subject instead of having to take a bunch of general education courses. Also, it's much cheaper than studying in the US! I have a cousin that goes to Edinburgh and cousins in London as well, so I wouldn't be too lonely. Continental Europe would also be very easy to get to and it would mean that I can travel more and see the world! :smile:
Original post by ak2015
Me too! I've been obsessed with England since I was a little kid, much to my parents' confusion haha! After many years of longing to go there, I finally went to the UK over the summer with my family on vacation. We stayed in London and took a day trip to Oxford, but I ended up applying to Cambridge because I liked their economics course better. I want to go to university in the UK because I can focus on one subject instead of having to take a bunch of general education courses. Also, it's much cheaper than studying in the US! I have a cousin that goes to Edinburgh and cousins in London as well, so I wouldn't be too lonely. Continental Europe would also be very easy to get to and it would mean that I can travel more and see the world! :smile:

It seems we have very similar motivations haha. That's awesome, I felt very alone through much of the application process because nobody else in my school was applying overseas.
Reply 16
Yay is have an offer!!! Conditional aaa for physics. Edinburgh is a really nice city as well, loads of cobbled streets and castles. I'm looking forward to going there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
It seems we have very similar motivations haha. That's awesome, I felt very alone through much of the application process because nobody else in my school was applying overseas.

I know exactly how you feel, I was the only person in my school going through this application process too. UCAS was really confusing and took a lot of time to figure out, and we had to do the common app on top of everything! Haha the struggle was real!
Reply 18
Original post by orzel
Yay is have an offer!!! Conditional aaa for physics. Edinburgh is a really nice city as well, loads of cobbled streets and castles. I'm looking forward to going there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :biggrin: I'm so happy for you!!
Original post by orzel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I'm really excited to be in Edinburgh as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending