The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hope Bran warg's Khaleesi dragons and destroy's the white walkers f*** the Iron Throne
I can't believe Game of Thrones is Arya Starks first role as Actress she's brilliant..one for the future!
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
The creators want to end it on series 7 or 8, regardless of whether George RR Martin has finished the books or not.

I think that's kind of stupid, why decide that when they don't know how much material the last two books will give them? Surely they know by now that seven season won't be enough.
Original post by Jgco2chem
I can't believe Game of Thrones is Arya Starks first role as Actress she's brilliant..one for the future!

She just fits the role very well. The fact that she was so inexperienced probably worked in her favour with Arya being a rough around the edges kinda girl.
Original post by Dr Pesto
I think that's kind of stupid, why decide that when they don't know how much material the last two books will give them? Surely they know by now that seven season won't be enough.

Well they'll be skipping out lots of content clearly (there will be no ironborn storyline in the show, for example) and it's unclear how much they'll look into the storylines of AFFC and ADWD (Sansa and Brienne are near up to "book date", Bran won't feature because they've caught up with him too). Leaked set pictures from season 5 even show they've gone BEYOND what ADWD covers. On top of that, D&D know how Martin plans for the series to end and what happens to the major characters, so I have no doubt they can wrap it up in season 7 or 8!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Well they'll be skipping out lots of content clearly (there will be no ironborn storyline in the show, for example) and it's unclear how much they'll look into the storylines of AFFC and ADWD (Sansa and Brienne are near up to "book date", Bran won't feature because they've caught up with him too). Leaked set pictures from season 5 even show they've gone BEYOND what ADWD covers. On top of that, D&D know how Martin plans for the series to end and what happens to the major characters, so I have no doubt they can wrap it up in season 7 or 8!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true, they know how it ends and I don't. Are you sure Bran won't be in the next season? I'm pretty sure the actor has been saying in interviews that he will be. And how do you know there won't be the ironborn storyline?

EDIT: Ah, you're right about Bran not being in season 5, just did some googling.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dr Pesto
That's true, they know how it ends and I don't. Are you sure Bran won't be in the next season? I'm pretty sure the actor has been saying in interviews that he will be. And how do you know there won't be the ironborn storyline?

EDIT: Ah, you're right about Bran not being in season 5, just did some googling.

I read the ironborn bit on the ASOIAF subreddit! It makes sense to me since D&D have included so little of the Iron Islands that's in the books, missing out the major characters involved, and there's been no announcements of them having been cast. Hypemaster Damp and Euron, Victarion are all missing! Might be that they pop up after

ASOS spoilers/show spoilers

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I read the ironborn bit on the ASOIAF subreddit! It makes sense to me since D&D have included so little of the Iron Islands that's in the books, missing out the major characters involved, and there's been no announcements of them having been cast. Hypemaster Damp and Euron, Victarion are all missing! Might be that they pop up after

ASOS spoilers/show spoilers

Hmmm, interesting musings there. I guess the Greyjoy bros could turn up in season 6, maybe introducing them as well as all the Dornish people would have been too much this season.
Teaser trailer released showing Arya's 'sight' http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/nov/26/new-teaser-for-game-of-thrones-season-five-follow-the-three-eyed-raven

Im new here by the way, didn't know there was a thread for this, but have been a fan of the series for years now.
Teaser trailer released showing Arya's 'sight' http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/nov/26/new-teaser-for-game-of-thrones-season-five-follow-the-three-eyed-raven

Im new here by the way, didn't know there was a thread for this, but have been a fan of the series for years now.
Original post by Obiejess
If Winds of Winter is predicted for 2017, how on earth are they going to do the show, considering some characters' storylines are already done?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! It was 2015 wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Now it's time to catch up with the books :wink:

The show isn't far behind from the books. It has almost caught up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking forward at watching all the episodes again thanks to skys #12 days 1 throne promotion where they are showing all the episodes in 12 days. it will be better now because i have read the books, pursued theories and really gone into the the history of westeros and the free cities and it will be good to see season 4 as i missed it first time round.
Original post by Loat
A full re-watch is brilliant, I'm always surprised how many small things I miss the first time around.

definitely! now that i have read the books i know some pivotal information/stuff i wasnt privy to before and it will be good to look out for these things and see how HBO have adapted and changed it on screen. i was interested at the season 5 changes but i wont go into detail here for fear of spoiling it for non book readers
Hiya I just started watching about 2 weeks ago and I'm now on season 4 episode 7. Any other fans here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
Hiya I just started watching about 2 weeks ago and I'm now on season 4 episode 7. Any other fans here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have a GoT thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1307752
:h:

Lol its too long I wanna start fresh thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
am i late to the party?
i have found my people

anyone else still not over robb stark?

Latest