The Student Room Group

What do I wear to physiotherapy?

So I'm about to start physio for hip trouble (ah, the joys of ballet,) and I have no clue what to wear. I've read in some places that they make you strip to your underwear, but I have no idea i that's the case everywhere. Do I wear short shorts? I know that I won't be able to wear leggings or joggers, because the physio needs to be able to access my hip.

Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
Reply 2
If you needed to wear anything in particular they would have told you. Wear regular gym stuff.
As a professional, he shouldn't have allowed you to do that and he should have rearranged. But, can you blame him, a girl in sexy underwear and a thong....

I've been to many physios / osteos. My advice would be to wear shorts, and adequate underwear. My regular osteo does not allow me to strip to my underwear. The first physio I went to had me strip down. I went to a hot sports massage therapist not to long ago and I started stripping down to my underwear and she told me to stop :frown:

Depends on their own policies really
(edited 3 years ago)
A merkin
Original post by commandant
As a professional, he shouldn't have allowed you to do that and he should have rearranged. But, can you blame him, a girl in sexy underwear and a thong....

I've been to many physios / osteos. My advice would be to wear shorts, and adequate underwear. My regular osteo does not allow me to strip to my underwear. The first physio I went to had me strip down. I went to a hot sports massage therapist not to long ago and I started stripping down to my underwear and she told me to stop :frown:

Depends on their own policies really

Confidence slap down!
Original post by Genocidal
Confidence slap down!

Haha I know
Something loose fitting, and good underwear.
I went for my lower back and hip and I was wearing a skirt and top, at first she tucked the skirt into it's own waistband and then I asked her if it would just be easier if I took it off.
For my upper back I wear a spaghetti strap vest top, and when I went for my knees it was a skirt or shorts (or really loose fitting pants that would roll up).
Wear good shoes as well, or they'll tell you off.

Quick Reply

Latest