The Student Room Group

I hate blondes

I know there was a thread about anti-blonde remarks a while back, but I’m new this forum. I didn’t want to post in a month’s old forgotten thread, so I started this one. I just want to speak up for guys who say they hate blondes. I have to admit that I prefer girls with dark hair. Especially black. But why do I say I hate blondes? Well, if you’re constantly being force fed something you don’t like, you’ll learn to hate it real quick. I mean almost 2/3 of all brunette women lighten their hair. It’s getting almost impossible to find available brunettes anymore. Many people have a certain top of person that they’re attracted to. My type happens to be women with long black hair, and blue or green eyes. Simple enough, it would seem, but surprisingly I rarely find any women who meet this description. The last time I saw one was like six months ago before she ended up going blonde (big surprise :rolleyes: ). I feel like I’m being force fed blondes. I’m to the point where blondes are invisible to me. Unless, I recognize one that used to be an attractive brunette, in which case I can’t help but wince, and think “There goes another one.” Also there’s all the hype for blonde women. Blonde ambition. Legally blonde. Blondes have more fun. Gentelmen prefer blondes. Where is all the hype for brunette women to counter this? Answer: THERE IS NONE! That’s why guys like me have a reason to vocally express our extreme distaste for blondes.
I’ve noticed recently on some boards there are starting to be more guys speaking out about their hatred for blondes, and some blonde women are feeling insulted. Hypocritically enough, these blonde women also said they prefer guys with dark hair, but felt self conscious that some guys say they don’t find blonde women attractive. Well, when blonde guys are considered the stereotype of the ideal man, and dark haired males are brow beaten into dying there hair blonde in overwhelming numbers, and 75% of the male population is blond (real or fake), then the women who like dark haired men might have something to complain about.
I’m sorry, I just don’t find blonde women attractive. NONE of them. Blonde women to me just seem like spoiled snotty little girls. I’ve talked this over with many of my friends, and while most of them aren’t near as extreme in their views, they all prefer brunettes. And after doing some looking around on the internet for some hair color preference polls it appears my friends and I are not alone. Check these links out:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200402/1076414770.html

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/celebrity/package.jsp?name=fte/besthairstyle/besthairstyle

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=4128024209

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/voteresult/voteresult-1735.html

It seems gentlmen DON’T prefer blondes after all. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I despise almost all blonde people. There was this girl in my class who was blonde and she loved her hair. It looked like old straw. There is some good news! Blondes will soon be extinct! Apparently the blonde gene is weaker than the brunette gene so it is more likely for a child to have darker hair. Anyway, someone had a theory that the only reason that men supposedly prefer blondes is so that, blonde being a weaker gene, they can pass on most of their characteristics to the child. Most brunettes I know would hate to be blonde. I'm always paranoid that my hair is going lighter and one of my friends wants to die her hair because it's starting to get little blonde streaks. Blonde people are OK as long as it's just the colour of the hair. A girl I know is so blonde. She asked a girl what she bleached her hair with and regulary comes out with strange questions halfway into a discussion (e.g. in French we were discussing breakfast and someone mentioned crumpets. She then said very loudly 'What's a crumpet?')
Reply 2
Oh, thats not a very nice thing to say. How can you hate someone you have not met and got to know?
Yeah, being natually brunette (actually I have black hair) I was always told, either by hairdressers or dudes, that blonde is generally prefered. However I've never disliked ppl. b/c they were blonde, for example my best friend's blonde, and she's terrific!!! I just dislike the MEDIA for being harsh on brunettes, and sexist dudes treating me not so nicely b/c of the colour of my hair (e.g. this one dude I work with, who has to crack onto every blonde chick that comes into the store, very annoying).
Reply 4
read an interesting article recently which argued our nation's obsession with blondeness was a sinister kind of racial supremacy. if you have ironed out blonde-dyed straw sprouting out of your self-tanned head and drawn-on eyebrows (a la beckham, britney, etc) then you are denying your ethnic heritage in an oblique sort of way.

personally i am currently sporting a brunette sort of jew-fro!

also apparently the reason why gentlemen are encouraged to prefer blondes is a strategy of our evil patriarchal society, because blonde hair is considered to be more juvenile / girly. blonde women look like they are more willing to be dominated because they look 'younger' 'prettier' 'more delicate' etc.
Reply 5
There is some good news! Blondes will soon be extinct!

I've heard this also. Unfortunately, I don't see how this changes anything. Just because there may not be anymore NATURAL blondes doesn't mean women will stop rushing out to the store to buy their blonde hair dye.

I don't know if so many women dye their hair blonde because they think it attracts males more or what. But, by looking at polls, this is definately not the case. This is why I posted these links. Maybe if more women realized that most guys like darker hair, they would stop lightening it. I realize a post like this on this message board will have practically no effect in the large scale of things, but I'm tired of society acting as if guys like me don't exist. And day after day of being surrounded by women who voluntarily take great effort to make themselves unnattracive to me (and many other men), I feel as if I have to make some effort to make a difference.
Reply 6
Sargoth
I know there was a thread about anti-blonde remarks a while back, but I’m new this forum. I didn’t want to post in a month’s old forgotten thread, so I started this one. I just want to speak up for guys who say they hate blondes. I have to admit that I prefer girls with dark hair. Especially black. But why do I say I hate blondes? Well, if you’re constantly being force fed something you don’t like, you’ll learn to hate it real quick. I mean almost 2/3 of all brunette women lighten their hair. It’s getting almost impossible to find available brunettes anymore. Many people have a certain top of person that they’re attracted to. My type happens to be women with long black hair, and blue or green eyes. Simple enough, it would seem, but surprisingly I rarely find any women who meet this description. The last time I saw one was like six months ago before she ended up going blonde (big surprise :rolleyes: ).

Ah well. Chin up, eh? Worse things could happen.

Tell you what - why don't you try going out with someone who doesn't meet your stupid standards? You might be surprised.
Well, i don't judge people on their looks, so hating someone because of there hair colour seems stupid to me.
If someone wants to dye their hair blonde, then why not?
Does it change who they are.
If a blonde dyes her hair black, are they suddenly a different person?
No.
Its as simple as that.
lol, i cant belive how shallow some people are....

yes im a brunette with pretend blonde hair,

but theres more to a person than their hair colour, ive died mine because my skin tone is too pale for dark hair,i just looked ill constantly.

i prefer guys with dark hair and green eyes, but the guy im in love with at the moment has blonde hair and blue eyes....doesnt stop me loving him any less. i love him for who he is, not what he looks like.

your pathetic.
Reply 9
why are so many people prejudiced about a person's character just because of their hair colour or their appearance?

personally i don't really fancy girls with ginger hair, but there will be exceptions. and alot of them are really nice people.
Wow, thanks..

That's a harsh generalisation, surely?

I have natural blonde hair, but it's bleached (with slightly darker blonde roots - it looks horrible right now) because I had to get rid of the black dye I put in. I'm trying to grow out the bleach.

You can find blondes less attractive than brunettes, but you can't hate them for that reason alone..
apparently the reason why gentlemen are encouraged to prefer blondes is a strategy of our evil patriarchal society, because blonde hair is considered to be more juvenile / girly. blonde women look like they are more willing to be dominated because they look 'younger' 'prettier' 'more delicate' etc.

Yeah, probably true - from behind! Then two seconds later she (or he) turns around to reveal a 40-year-old face and a large body, it happened about 5 minutes ago in my uni library, not to mention the fact that more and more 'older ladies' are getting those streaks done at your local hairdresser (not that there's anything wrong with that, but if I were that age, I'd be more keen on keeping my hair as dark as possible, ie. to avoid the 'grey streak' look). I mean, basically what I'm trying to say is, hair's just an optical illusion these days and it doesn't matter what colour your hair is, it's all about what the rest of you (personality, face, body etc) is about.
Reply 12
u are one sad bast**d! pardon the pun everyone! how the hell can u judge someone by their hair colour! u twisted shite
Gurky
the pun everyone!

....what pun?

Though I agree, threadstarter is a narrow-minded fool.
Reply 14
What a charming little thread....

I happen to be blonde (naturally so, I might add - though on second thought, this shouldn't make a difference), and I'd never realized that there were so many people out there who would have such a passionate hatred for me because of it. Can't say that I'm awfully gutted though - the "approval" of anyone that superficial really isn't worth having.
Reply 15
What's up with the person who started this thread and some of the repliers?! It's a hair colour, it's not a big deal. If you say that about blondes what the hell would you say about people with red hair?
Reply 16
LOL! How rude is this thread?? I feel insulted :mad:
Reply 17
Sargoth
I know there was a thread about anti-blonde remarks a while back, but I’m new this forum. I didn’t want to post in a month’s old forgotten thread, so I started this one. I just want to speak up for guys who say they hate blondes. I have to admit that I prefer girls with dark hair. Especially black. But why do I say I hate blondes? Well, if you’re constantly being force fed something you don’t like, you’ll learn to hate it real quick. I mean almost 2/3 of all brunette women lighten their hair. It’s getting almost impossible to find available brunettes anymore. Many people have a certain top of person that they’re attracted to. My type happens to be women with long black hair, and blue or green eyes. Simple enough, it would seem, but surprisingly I rarely find any women who meet this description. The last time I saw one was like six months ago before she ended up going blonde (big surprise :rolleyes: ). I feel like I’m being force fed blondes. I’m to the point where blondes are invisible to me. Unless, I recognize one that used to be an attractive brunette, in which case I can’t help but wince, and think “There goes another one.” Also there’s all the hype for blonde women. Blonde ambition. Legally blonde. Blondes have more fun. Gentelmen prefer blondes. Where is all the hype for brunette women to counter this? Answer: THERE IS NONE! That’s why guys like me have a reason to vocally express our extreme distaste for blondes.
I’ve noticed recently on some boards there are starting to be more guys speaking out about their hatred for blondes, and some blonde women are feeling insulted. Hypocritically enough, these blonde women also said they prefer guys with dark hair, but felt self conscious that some guys say they don’t find blonde women attractive. Well, when blonde guys are considered the stereotype of the ideal man, and dark haired males are brow beaten into dying there hair blonde in overwhelming numbers, and 75% of the male population is blond (real or fake), then the women who like dark haired men might have something to complain about.
I’m sorry, I just don’t find blonde women attractive. NONE of them. Blonde women to me just seem like spoiled snotty little girls. I’ve talked this over with many of my friends, and while most of them aren’t near as extreme in their views, they all prefer brunettes. And after doing some looking around on the internet for some hair color preference polls it appears my friends and I are not alone. Check these links out:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200402/1076414770.html

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/celebrity/package.jsp?name=fte/besthairstyle/besthairstyle

http://www.misterpoll.com/results.mpl?id=4128024209

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/voteresult/voteresult-1735.html

It seems gentlmen DON’T prefer blondes after all. :tongue:

i 'm a brunette, but i just gotter stick up 4 the blondes out there, most of my friends have naturally blonde hair and there sum of the cleverest people in school
it's so pathetic how people judge others on the basis of hair colour.
Reply 19
What about readheads? <always overlooked>

Latest