The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
nope, although I'm still at school so I imagine they just assumed. However the form was the same for everyone.

Okay thank you. Hoping I might get in with christmas coming up even though I'm leaving it a little late. I've been trying for months to find unpaid, work experience and now I'm trying to find low paid jobs. Very difficult to find anyone willing. Fingers crossed they may take me on especially considering that they can pay me very low. I'm really not interested in the pay. That's just a bonus for me. I'm just looking for the experience and reference.
Hi, just wondering if anybody can help! I started work at Tescos on the 15th of november and i'm just wondering if i will be paid at the end of november or have i missed the cut off date? thanks.
Original post by SLClegg
Hi, just wondering if anybody can help! I started work at Tescos on the 15th of november and i'm just wondering if i will be paid at the end of november or have i missed the cut off date? thanks.

I got paid last Friday
Original post by SLClegg

I had my induction yesterday, and first 4 hour shift today. The manager told me yesterday the payday is 19th of every month, not sure if it is the same for your store or not :smile:
Original post by siml1
Hey!

In my third week of working at Tesco, and I'm wondering if anyone knows the pay? I hear it's more than minimum wage? I'm 16 years old, and working on checkouts. Need to plan for my income
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only do 4 hours Saturday, 4 hours Sunday, but my weekly pay is going to be £64. They do double-pay on sundays, so try to get some hours at least on a Sunday to boost the income even more. So The pay is around £5.40 I believe for us 16 year olds.
Original post by jshep000
I only do 4 hours Saturday, 4 hours Sunday, but my weekly pay is going to be £64. They do double-pay on sundays, so try to get some hours at least on a Sunday to boost the income even more. So The pay is around £5.40 I believe for us 16 year olds.

bump

Pretty sure it's time and a half on a Sunday.
hi just wondering if anyone can help. i started working at tesco about a month ago, i work as a dotcom picker, im contracted 6am - 12. if i finish at, say, 12:30, do i get paid for that extra half hour? thanks in advance

Regardless of your age I believe Tesco pay you the same. I get £7.10. Also the Sunday is Time and a Half, not double pay.
Original post by warthog123
hi just wondering if anyone can help. i started working at tesco about a month ago, i work as a dotcom picker, im contracted 6am - 12. if i finish at, say, 12:30, do i get paid for that extra half hour? thanks in advance

Unless previously agreed with your manager then I don't think so.
Original post by No.666
Pretty sure it's time and a half on a Sunday.

oh I guess I said the wrong thing, how dare I
Reply 1251
Anyone got any tips/brief idea of what happens at induction? Mine's on Saturday at 9am :smile:

If it makes a difference I'm working in the Counters section of a Tesco Extra making pizzas :biggrin:
Original post by SP0TIFY
Anyone got any tips/brief idea of what happens at induction? Mine's on Saturday at 9am :smile:

If it makes a difference I'm working in the Counters section of a Tesco Extra making pizzas :biggrin:

My day consisted of:
Filling out a booklet (uniform sizes, pay info, general info)
Watching videos
Lunch
Watching videos
Answering questions
Break
Meet your managers
Participate in rumble (tidying the store)
Checkout training

It's easy, nothing to worry about :smile:
Reply 1253
Original post by JackkkkkM
My day consisted of:
Filling out a booklet (uniform sizes, pay info, general info)
Watching videos
Lunch
Watching videos
Answering questions
Break
Meet your managers
Participate in rumble (tidying the store)
Checkout training

It's easy, nothing to worry about :smile:

Doesn't sound too bad, actually looking forward to it I suppose... just was a bit nervous as this is my first real "formal" job. As in, not working cash in hand/for a local pub that has a more get on with it attitude :P
oh I guess I said the wrong thing, how dare I

Was just trying to avoid any confusion. Chill.
Hello everyone.
I had a interview with Tesco yesterday and I think it went pretty good. However I mentioned I am only available for work after next week (interviewer was okay with it).
When do you think I will get a response back from them? (Will they wait till end of next week to contact me whether I failed or not?)
Do they contact you through email or phone?
Original post by pigs can fly
Hello everyone.
I had a interview with Tesco yesterday and I think it went pretty good. However I mentioned I am only available for work after next week (interviewer was okay with it).
When do you think I will get a response back from them? (Will they wait till end of next week to contact me whether I failed or not?)
Do they contact you through email or phone?

They probably won't contact you if you failed, if you passed then you'll definitely get contacted.
From what you said, you probably did well. As long as you actually spoke in your group interview and the 1 to 1 went well then you'll be fine :smile:
I got a phone call a few days later asking me to bring in my I.D and N.I number so they could photocopy it. From there you'll then get a call to an induction
Original post by JackkkkkM
They probably won't contact you if you failed, if you passed then you'll definitely get contacted.
From what you said, you probably did well. As long as you actually spoke in your group interview and the 1 to 1 went well then you'll be fine :smile:
I got a phone call a few days later asking me to bring in my I.D and N.I number so they could photocopy it. From there you'll then get a call to an induction

I didn't have a group interview, just a one on one. I think they were especially desperate for the Christmas period. The interviewer only asked me 5 example questions then printed my NI/Passport details while I filled in health & safety forms. I was then given a 30 minute trial (packing customers goods in bags). I spoked to another candidate waiting there who was 1 hour late but they didn't seem to mind.

Thanks for your answer! I forgot to ask when they will contact me back if successful.
Hi, can someone clarify what 'overtime pay' actually is and how you qualify for it. I'm contracted 4 days a week, and I sometimes work 5 days. is the 5th day the same pay, or am I paid time and a half? Thanks
Applied for a temporary tesco job online about 3 weeks ago and had a phone call this week inviting me to an interview. I asked if it was a one on one interview, or group interview and was told one on one. Does this mean they aren't doing a group interview (not complaining:smile: )?.

Also so I had an interview at asda a few months ago and passed everything and got the silver medalist thing - I did only put down 3 days I could work. Does anyone know if tesco do a similar thing, and ask when you can work and what days?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending