The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SazzyM92
Guys I had my second attempt this morning good and I passed. I can't believe it!! First time I had 12 minors and 3 majors and this time only 1 minor because I had to shunt twice in my parallel park.

You guys are great at all the support you've given me. I feel like I'll be a much better driver having done the test twice now.

Good luck to all those about to do theirs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats:biggrin:
Guys I had my second attempt this morning good and I passed. I can't believe it!! First time I had 12 minors and 3 majors and this time only 1 minor because I had to shunt twice in my parallel park.

You guys are great at all the support you've given me. I feel like I'll be a much better driver having done the test twice now.

Good luck to all those about to do theirs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done 😊 my second attempt is in 2 days, im crapping myself even tho i dun most things perfect on my test i messed up on the roundabout by signaling to late so hopefully i won't do tha next time xx
6th attempt next week!
Original post by malliemacie
Well done 😊 my second attempt is in 2 days, im crapping myself even tho i dun most things perfect on my test i messed up on the roundabout by signaling to late so hopefully i won't do tha next time xx

You'll be fine just always look around you even if there is no one around just turn your head and look in those mirrors. Let us know how you do. Xx
Passed 2nd time at woodgreen test centre, was very lucky to be honest had a very nice examiner. I was travelling 35mph on a 50mph road and he said that was very dangerous but still allowed me to pass! #7minors

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fluffylittlecat
6th attempt next week!

Good luck!! :biggrin:

Original post by h_1411
Passed 2nd time at woodgreen test centre, was very lucky to be honest had a very nice examiner. I was travelling 35mph on a 50mph road and he said that was very dangerous but still allowed me to pass! #7minors

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was lucky! Congrats though :smile:
You'll be fine just always look around you even if there is no one around just turn your head and look in those mirrors. Let us know how you do. Xx

Hope ill be fine as i really need a licence, im hoping ill b ok because other than a major for late indication i had 5 minors. Ill let u knw how i gett off tomorrow
I used to follow this thread a lot when I was taking lessons and just recently found it again. Failed my first test (was instructed to follow the road right at the start near the test centre, saw the no entry sign in front but blanked out and didn't see the one on the left and indicated to go in that direction and she slammed on the brakes when we were going maybe 5mph haha). Took a year long break or so, booked an intensive driving course to brush up on my skills and passed my second test not too long ago.

If I have one piece of advice it's not to always assume that you've failed. Shortly after leaving the test centre on my second test I completely lost it for some reason and stalled three (or maybe four) times in super quick succession one after the other trying to pull out onto a main road. Instantly thought I'd failed. However, since I was not obstructing traffic and I didn't roll backwards or anything of the sort (we were on a bit of a slope) it stayed as a minor because the rest of the drive was good. I passed with only a couple of minors. I know a lot of people who have made mistakes, assumed they've failed and then just given up and allowed the rest of the drive to be crap which doesn't exactly fill the examiner with confidence about your skill and means you're more likely to make even more stupid mistakes you wouldn't have done before.

Good luck anyone taking their test soon :smile:
Failed my second test today :frown: surprised myself at how nervous I was and I just fluffed up the entire thing and did 2 serious faults I've never done before :frown: really upset! ah well rebooked the next one so 3rs time lucky!!!
Original post by iceangel8
Failed my second test today :frown: surprised myself at how nervous I was and I just fluffed up the entire thing and did 2 serious faults I've never done before :frown: really upset! ah well rebooked the next one so 3rs time lucky!!!

What were your two serious faults?
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
What were your two serious faults?

I stalled approaching a roundabout (haven't stalled in months!) so got flustered also hadn't been on it before it had so many lanes and I kind of drifted lanes not knowing what one to be in D: very bad ik and some massive lorry hooted me

Second was a general steering thing which is weird as I have never had a problem like straddling between lanes!!

Really weird what test nerves can do as I was expected to pass as my last test I failed in the last minute and was on a pass the whole time! I just really didn't feel good about this one!
I stalled approaching a roundabout (haven't stalled in months!) so got flustered also hadn't been on it before it had so many lanes and I kind of drifted lanes not knowing what one to be in D: very bad ik and some massive lorry hooted me

Second was a general steering thing which is weird as I have never had a problem like straddling between lanes!!

Really weird what test nerves can do as I was expected to pass as my last test I failed in the last minute and was on a pass the whole time! I just really didn't feel good about this one!

Damn that stall was unlucky :frown: Seems like that really messed you up

Awww no :frown: Did you just feel really nervous after failing the first time?
I was like that too but calmed down when I got into the car. The third time my instructor told me to try and enjoy it, which does you give a more positive mindset :smile:
Damn that stall was unlucky :frown: Seems like that really messed you up

Awww no :frown: Did you just feel really nervous after failing the first time?
I was like that too but calmed down when I got into the car. The third time my instructor told me to try and enjoy it, which does you give a more positive mindset :smile:

Aww thanks :smile: and no not particularly and I'm not that bothered about passing it's weird D:
Failed my fourth driving test last week and im really fed up! Each time ive been given 4 minors and 1 major, its like im cursed! Feel like im never going to do it and each time is worse as im scared of the failure 😒 does anyone have any positive stories they can give me to help with the stress?
Aww thanks :smile: and no not particularly and I'm not that bothered about passing it's weird D:

Try getting into the mindset where you want to pass and know you can pass so you kind of boost yourself :tongue:

Original post by emdoggydog
Failed my fourth driving test last week and im really fed up! Each time ive been given 4 minors and 1 major, its like im cursed! Feel like im never going to do it and each time is worse as im scared of the failure does anyone have any positive stories they can give me to help with the stress?

Sorry to hear that :frown: Do you keep getting the same major? or is it different things each time?
Only just recently seen this thread and I was wondering from the perspective of somebody who has failed their test, do you think that the examiner out to fail you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3716
I've got my second test next Friday, haven't driven since my first one... wasn't really planning on any more lessons, but my driving instructor seems to want me to do another one. Not sure what to do. :frown:
Original post by BWCW
I've got my second test next Friday, haven't driven since my first one... wasn't really planning on any more lessons, but my driving instructor seems to want me to do another one. Not sure what to do. :frown:

Definitely have another one! Ive failed four times now and my biggest piece of advice would be to have more lessons in between each test. I was silly and only had one in between each of my last 3 tests! Have learnt now though and am having a month of lessons before my 5th! Good luck to you i hope you get it next time!
Sorry to hear that :frown: Do you keep getting the same major? or is it different things each time?

The first time it was for hitting the kerb on my reverse around a corner, second was not signalling coming off a roundabout, third was getting too close to a cyclist and fourth staying to the lefy whilst turning right on a one way street! Its always something silly that lets me down, when im in my lessons i dont do any of these things!
Passed my 2nd test with 2 minors 😊

Latest

Trending

Trending