The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I forgot how much I missed Tyrion's voice.
Liking Tyrions beard game and especially his next little story arc haha
Has any one read the Hedge knight comics?

They are not on par with the main books obviously but it helps deal with the withdrawal a tiny bit :tongue:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13501.The_Hedge_Knight
No doubt my old housemates would actually spoil it for me despite the fact that even though I threatened to spoil the show for them I never have. I mean one of them didn't even want to hear a joke for what I want to see happen...:grumble:

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous263
Oh man after watching the trailer for season 5... dude i'm afraid Dany's going to die :frown:
The trailer is literally "only dany can save us!" Which is Martin code for "she dies next". :tongue:

You're right! Especially the last few seconds where the statue of Mereen falls. And she was surrounded by armed men in one of the scenes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't she say that it isn't currently on their publication schedule for 2015, which doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't sneak it out at the end if the year. I'm sure the chances of that are astronomically small though.
Original post by Dr Pesto
Didn't she say that it isn't currently on their publication schedule for 2015, which doesn't necessarily mean they couldn't sneak it out at the end if the year. I'm sure the chances of that are astronomically small though.

His publisher had come out and explicitly said it would not be ready for a 2015 publication date. However in typical GRRM style, Martin has said this week that it could still be published this year after all. So, like with A Dance With Dragons, it's very much up in the air! I wouldn't hold my breath no matter what anybody says though, anything could happen :ahee:
Original post by Anonymous263
Oh man after watching the trailer for season 5... dude i'm afraid Dany's going to die :frown:
The trailer is literally "only dany can save us!" Which is Martin code for "she dies next". :tongue:

Martin's publisher released his initial version of the books last week (or something similar) and apparently the 5 main characters that survive to the end are Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Bran and Arya. Hopefully they all remain that way :tongue:.

FYI, that's not a spoiler because it was the initial script of a set of 3 books, it's now well past 3 and continuing so anything could happen :rolleyes::rolleyes:.
1423641904815.jpg
Original post by tomtjl
X

Just adding to this to say that some of the plotlines in the original plot are now ridiculous due to the way the books have gone (eg character relationships). Additionally the actual ending of the books were crossed out meaning no one knows what the actual ending is.
Original post by NorwichtoBristol
Just adding to this to say that some of the plotlines in the original plot are now ridiculous due to the way the books have gone (eg character relationships). Additionally the actual ending of the books were crossed out meaning no one knows what the actual ending is.

Yeah, like Jon Snow, Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister were supposed to have some weird love triangle:s-smilie::s-smilie:
Ned Stark dies. Sorry for the spoiler.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Ned Stark dies. Sorry for the spoiler.

wow..i hate you
http://comicbook.com/2015/02/16/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-says-people-are-going-to-die-w/

"George R R Martins says people are going to die in the TV series who don't die in the books". Apparently the producers are even more ruthless than he is. Not sure what I think about this, don't think I like the TV series and the books going in different directions.
Hodor!
Original post by tomtjl
http://comicbook.com/2015/02/16/game-of-thrones-george-r-r-martin-says-people-are-going-to-die-w/

"George R R Martins says people are going to die in the TV series who don't die in the books". Apparently the producers are even more ruthless than he is. Not sure what I think about this, don't think I like the TV series and the books going in different directions.

I don't think it will be major major characters though. Just side accessory characters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomtjl
Martin's publisher released his initial version of the books last week (or something similar) and apparently the 5 main characters that survive to the end are Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Bran and Arya. Hopefully they all remain that way :tongue:.

FYI, that's not a spoiler because it was the initial script of a set of 3 books, it's now well past 3 and continuing so anything could happen :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Rickon doe?
Is Rickon even considered a character anymore? Once he goes off to wherever after the sacking of Winterfell he isn't introduced again as far as I know (but I haven't read all of the books so I guess he could be). He was a bit of a dick anyway.

Original post by Motorbiker
I don't think it will be major major characters though. Just side accessory characters.

Hopefully, as long as they don't affect the main story then I wouldn't mind, but then why kill them at all if it won't affect the story?
Original post by tomtjl

Yes, for example, Jaime Lannister actually WAS a complete **** in those editions. That's not how I would describe his character in the books or the show, where he is a (sort of) hero.

Latest

Trending

Trending