The Student Room Group

OMG not another Rippetoes blog!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a10
what's occlusion training?

You wrap something around the body part you're training to reduce the blood flow out of it. It makes things much sorer and harder, but apparently it's very effective for a pump, that sort of thing. Obviously not strength training, though.
Reply 1701
Original post by Smack
You wrap something around the body part you're training to reduce the blood flow out of it. It makes things much sorer and harder, but apparently it's very effective for a pump, that sort of thing. Obviously not strength training, though.

it sounds painful :lol:
Not a bad session tonight. Felt quite dodgy for a while this afternoon, so pleased I made it and had no performance issues.

Squats:

140 x 5/5/5

Knee feeling a little better, but still not 100%. Wore my belt, but on the first two sets I think it was too tight as I didn't feel I could get enough of a breath and also throat was tickly and I was also choking after the third rep. On the last set I wore it a notch looser and it felt a little better.

Bench press:

80 x 5
85 x 4
70 x 10

Okay. Went for one more with 85 because I felt like it.

Barbell rows:

85 x 6/6/6/6

Harder than last time.

Mobility and stretching throughout the session then home.
Decent but quicker one tonight. Well, wasn't that quick because the gym was ****ing packed.

Press:

65 x 5/5/5/5/5

Not easy.

Deadlifts:

165 x 5

Not bad. Grip was slipping on the 4th rep but somehow it got better on the 5th, which was one of the best reps of the set.

Mobility throughout the session. Then home.
Feeling a bit dodgy again today, but not a bad session tonight. Only did what I had to.

Squats:

142.5 x 5/5/5

Hard. No belt because of last time, though. Wore my new SBD knee sleeves, and they're really good if anyone's interested.

Bench press:

80 x 5
87.5 x 4

Got an extra rep. Surprised given how I felt. I also think that maybe the overhead work I have been doing has been helping my triceps.

A bit of mobility throughout the session, then home.
Original post by Smack
Feeling a bit dodgy again today, but not a bad session tonight. Only did what I had to.

Squats:

142.5 x 5/5/5

Hard. No belt because of last time, though. Wore my new SBD knee sleeves, and they're really good if anyone's interested.

Bench press:

80 x 5
87.5 x 4

Got an extra rep. Surprised given how I felt. I also think that maybe the overhead work I have been doing has been helping my triceps.

A bit of mobility throughout the session, then home.

What size sleeves did you get and how tight are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
What size sleeves did you get and how tight are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medium, and they're somewhat tight. Not too difficult to get on myself.
Not a good session tonight. Got up to 75 x 1 on the press which was very difficult and didn't really feel like I had anything else in me. Back tight. Don't think I'm recovering very well as of late. Did a lot of stretching and mobility throughout the session though.
Original post by Smack
Not a good session tonight. Got up to 75 x 1 on the press which was very difficult and didn't really feel like I had anything else in me. Back tight. Don't think I'm recovering very well as of late. Did a lot of stretching and mobility throughout the session though.

Nice Press

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knee still ****ed. Didn't do much tonight. Had to wait ages for a bench, and got there later than usual too.

Bench press:

80 x 5
90 x 3
75 x 10/8

Happy with this; could've gone far worse. On the last back-off I did the reps very slowly.

Barbell rows:

90 x 5/5/5

Not too bad.

Mobility throughout the session, then home.
Knee still ****ed, but otherwise not a bad session for being very inconsistent as of late.

Bench press:

80 x 5
92.5 x 3
65 x 10/8

Surprised I got a triple with 92.5, but it was obviously a pleasant surprise.

Deadlifts:

170 x 5

Difficult and form not great. Used the crappy bar too.

RDLs:

60 x 8
80 x 5/5/5

Didn't feel much a stretch in my hamstrings, but I suppose I'll know tomorrow if they were effective or not.

Some mobility throughout the session then home.
Okay session this afternoon.

Press:

66 x 5/5/4
50 x 10

Being a bit cheeky going for a 5x5 PR after having not pressed for a while. Was difficult.

Barbell rows:

92.5 x 5/5/5

First set the hardest.

Stretching and mobility then home.
Why is your press to bench ratio so good? Your press is around the same as mine but a much weaker bench. What gives?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Why is your press to bench ratio so good? Your press is around the same as mine but a much weaker bench. What gives?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just find pressing easier.
Not a bad session tonight. Not been a great week overall so didn't go as bad as it could have.

Bench press:

80 x 5
95 x 2
80 x 6/6

Failed 3rd rep on 95, but overall pleased to get 2. I know it's not really an improvement upon last week but happy to have no regressed. Also probably wasn't the best idea to go straight from 80 to 95.

Deadlifts:

180 x 3

Form felt much better tonight. Pleased with how it felt actually.

Stretching then home.
Meh session tonight.

Press:

66 x 5/5/4/3

Meh.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/5

Forgot to do a 3rd set, although they weren't difficult.

Lots of stretching and then home.
Meh session tonight. Not much to eat.

Bench press:

80 x 7/7/6

Meh.

Chins:

bodyweight x 7/5

Meh.

Lots of stretching and mobility throughout the session.

Then home.
Reply 1717
Forgot to do a third set again? :wink:
That's an alright bench session for you?
Okay session tonight. Knee still ****ed and back hurting now too.

Press:

60 x 6/6/6/6

Easy enough. De-loading a bit as I've been failing with 66.

Barbell rows:

80 x 8/8/8

Again easy enough.

Abs:

3 x 6

Abs have gotten/always been really weak, so going to build up on these. Maybe it's the source of my back pain.

Lots of mobility and stretching, then home.

Quick Reply

Latest