The Student Room Group

Question for future medic students

How does this //Funding by the NHS work// am confused ? Do they pay for ALL fees i.e tuition, accomdation etc.. or is it paid for one year only
Reply 1
Student finance pays for the first 4 years which includes tuition fee, bursary and loan.

The NHS currently funds your 5th year (& onwards if applicable) which includes tuition fee and a means-tested bursary. Student finance also gives you a reduced maintenance loan.
Reply 2
Original post by Clubba
Student finance pays for the first 4 years which includes tuition fee, bursary and loan.

The NHS currently funds your 5th year (& onwards if applicable) which includes tuition fee and a means-tested bursary. Student finance also gives you a reduced maintenance loan.

that mean's you'd be in debt also from sf. and what do med students do in yr5+ is it just exams or ...
Reply 3
Original post by sdvds
that mean's you'd be in debt also from sf. and what do med students do in yr5+ is it just exams or ...

'Also' ? You'd only be in debt with SF :tongue: You don't have to pay the NHS back :smile:

And of course you have exams :tongue: Depending on the med school you attend, you'll be having regular exams in all five years I think :redface:

From what I understand, your 5th year is mainly placements where you put all of your knowledge together and deliver care to patients but you'd be better off asking someone who has recently graduated from medical school :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Clubba
'Also' ? You'd only be in debt with SF :tongue: You don't have to pay the NHS back :smile:

And of course you have exams :tongue: Depending on the med school you attend, you'll be having regular exams in all five years I think :redface:

From what I understand, your 5th year is mainly placements where you put all of your knowledge together and deliver care to patients but you'd be better off asking someone who has recently graduated from medical school :tongue:

ok thanks for the answers it was something i wanted to just know really. not interested in med at all.. am good in bio and chem but it seems boring an bland prescribing people medication that drug companies bride you into doing. but hey don't let that put you of if in that's ur interest. I'll stick to silicon valley :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending